Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is the primary international airport that serves the city of Atlanta and is located 10 miles from the downtown area. It offers flights through various major carriers, and one of them is Spirit Airlines. Spirit operates both domestic & international flights through ATL Airport where the domestic terminal is on the east side & international terminal is located on the west side of the main terminal building.
Spirit Airlines Atlanta terminal offers the most convenient and hassle-free services, provided passengers have at their disposal affordable flights, on-time services, disabled-friendly travel, and more. In this article, we will cover all the aspects of the Spirit Terminal Atlanta, and how passengers can make the most of it.
Atlanta Airport Spirit Terminal – Basic Information
Here are the basic details about Spirit Terminal Atlanta that every traveler needs to know before flying with Spirit-
|Airport||Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport|
|Airport Address||6000 N Terminal Pkwy Suite 4000, Atlanta, GA 30320, United States|
|Airport Contact Number||+1 800-897-1910|
|Airlines Operating||Spirit Airlines|
|Contact Number of Spirit Airlines Atlanta Terminal||+1-844-989-7283|
|Spirit Domestic Terminal Atlanta||Terminal N – Domestic (North)|
|Spirit Arrival & Departure Terminal Atlanta||Domestic Terminal – North|
|Spirit Airlines Ticket Counter at Atlanta||Domestic Terminal – North|
|Spirit Ticket Counter Hours at Atlanta Airport||3:00 a.m. – closes after last departure (varies by day)|
|Preferred Ticketing Hours||7:30 a.m. – 9.30 a.m. &|
2.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
What Terminal is Spirit at Atlanta Airport?
Spirit Airlines uses Terminal N – Domestic (North) at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. This terminal is located on the west side of the main terminal building. Domestic North Terminal at Atlanta Airport serves as a gateway to Spirit Airlines and offers many flights through this terminal.
Spirit Airlines Arrival Terminal Atlanta
All Spirit Airlines flights land at the North Domestic Terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
Here is the process to follow after arriving at the Atlanta Airport Spirit arrivals terminal –
- Once you arrive at the airport, head to the baggage carousel desk.
- International passengers need to approach the immigration counter.
- After clearing the customs, head to the parking Arrivals area.
Spirit Departure Terminal Atlanta
The North Domestic Terminal is where all Spirit flights depart from Atlanta International Airport.
Here is the process you must follow before you depart from Spirit Airlines North Terminal, Parkway, Atlanta, GA:
- Head to the check-in counter. If you have not completed the check-in online, arrive at the airport 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- After you collect the boarding pass and baggage tag, submit the checked baggage at the drop-off counter.
- Proceed to the security and then to the boarding gate to take your flight.
NOTE: The terminal for arrivals & departures may change for some reason. You must confirm it through the official website or your flights attendants.
Atlanta Airport Spirit Terminal Map
Find the Spirit Airlines Atlanta Terminal directions in the map given above. The map highlights the location of Spirit Domestic Terminal – North. You can specifically find the North Terminal areas from where Spirit Airlines primarily operates from Atlanta.
How to book a flight at Spirit Atlanta Terminal?
Flyers flying from the Atlanta International Airport Airport Spirit terminal can book a last-minute flight, provided that booking must be made 3 hours before departure on the day of travel. Follow the steps below to book a last-minute flight:
- Go to the Spirit Domestic Terminal Atlanta and ask the agent to book a new flight.
- Provide the travel date, the destination point, and the number of passengers.
- Based on the availability, the airline’s executive will offer you the new or the desired flight options.
- Choose the desired flight, and pay the required amount.
- After you book the flight, the airline will send the confirmation and e-ticket to your registered email address.
If the flight is booked on the same day as departure, approach the check-in counter at the Spirit Airlines Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Terminal & complete the boarding process.
How to get a boarding pass at Spirit Domestic Terminal Atlanta?
Passengers who haven’t checked in online through the website or mobile app, can complete the check-in at the Spirit Atlanta Terminal & issue the boarding pass. Follow the process below:
- Follow the sign for the Spirit Airlines check-in counter.
- Approach the flight executive.
- Provide your booking reference. That will help the agent to retrieve the booking.
- Tell the agent about the seat selection, and any other special request.
- The airline will issue you the boarding pass.
- If you have checked luggage, do not forget to collect the baggage tag.
NOTE: Spirit charges $5 to issue a boarding pass at the Atlanta Spirit terminal.
What is the baggage allowance at Spirit Terminal Atlanta?
To assess whether the baggage you’re carrying complies with the guidelines under Spirit Airlines baggage policy, head to the Spirit baggage counter in Atlanta’s Domestic North Terminal. You can add or purchase the baggage here and follow the process-
- Head to the checked baggage counter and ask the agent if you need to purchase the additional baggage allowance.
- Pay the required fee for Spirit Airlines at Atlanta Airport. Please note that the fee varies with the fare type and the travel route.
- The airline’s executive will add the baggage tag and then transport the baggage into the passenger’s aircraft.
Besides that, the baggage counter at the Atlanta Airport Spirit terminal will offer the following baggage-related services:
- Baggage lost and found
- Delayed and damaged baggage
- Spirit Airlines pet travel
- Excess baggage allowance
How to cancel a ticket at Spirit Airlines Atlanta Airport Terminal?
Passengers can request the last-minute flight cancellation at Spirit Terminal Atlanta. Follow the steps below:
- Follow the signs for the Spirit Customer Service desk at the Atlanta Spirit Airlines terminal.
- Request the airline’s agent that you would like to cancel the Spirit Airlines booking.
- Provide the booking reference or 13-digit ticket number for validation.
- The agent will check the status of the refund under the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy.
- After you request to cancel the flight, the airline’s agent will process the cancellation.
- You can receive the refund in the original method of payment in 7-10 business days.
What is the seat upgrade option at the Spirit Airlines Terminal Atlanta?
Spirit Airlines randomly assigns you a seat at the Atlanta International Airport unless you pay the seat upgrade fee at the time of check-in. To get a preferred seat, flyers need to pay a small amount of fee for seat selection to sit with their family and friends. Depending on the travel route and fare type purchased with Spirit Airlines, the North Domestic Terminal in Atlanta check-in counter will charge you a fee ranging from $5 to $50.
Passengers can also upgrade to a Big Front Seat, which provides an extra 6 inches of legroom. These seats are rare, you have to pay between $80 to $195 at the Spirit Atlanta check-in counter. This price is determined by the duration of the flight and availability.
Does Spirit Atlanta Terminal provide stand-by-service?
Spirit Airlines passengers may avail of the stand-by facility at the Spirit Domestic Terminal Atlanta. Passengers would be asked to pay a stand-by fee at the airport and are free to choose the earlier or later flight on the same day as departure.
Please note that Spirit Airlines accepts the standby request up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
How to avail of the Unaccompanied Minor Service at Spirit Airlines North Terminal Atlanta?
Visit the Spirit Airlines Hartfield Jackson Atlanta Terminal to expedite the unaccompanied minor travel. As a parent or guardian, fill out the travel consent form, and pay the required fee at the airport.
Unaccompanied children must check in with a parent or guardian at the Spirit departures terminal in Atlanta i.e. Domestic North. Children are not permitted to check in online.
Tips to Must Follow for Unaccompanied Minor Travel:
- Arrive early at the airport to complete the necessary paperwork, see the child securely through security screening, and present the youngster to the gate agent for the boarding process.
- The adult must stay at the airport until the child is airborne which is 15 minutes.
- The Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor fee is 100 USD per passenger one-way and is applicable for children aged between 5 and 12 traveling alone.
Are pets allowed to travel through Spirit Terminal Atlanta?
The Spirit Airlines pet travel form needs to be completed at the Spirit Airlines Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Terminal to travel with a pet. All you need to do is:
- Download the pet travel form from the airline website or simply go here.
- Read and complete the form (2 forms need to be submitted if travelling with 2 service dogs).
- Submit the form at the time of check-in.
You need to keep a copy of the form handy for the entire duration of the trip.
Additional Services and Amenities at Atlanta Airport Spirit Terminal
The Spirit Airlines Atlanta Terminal offers various other additional services and amenities passengers can take advantage of, such as:
- Banking services – Truist has a head office at the main atrium of the Spirit terminal that offers complete banking services such as currency exchange, cash withdrawal, traveler’s cheque, and other banking services. The hours of operation are 9 am to 3 pm (Monday to Friday).
- Complimentary Wifi – The free WiFi is available through the terminal. To avail of the complimentary services, simply select the airport WiFi, start your browser, fill in the required information, and submit to connect to the network.
- Medical services – Medical services can be found in the main lobby of the terminal.
- Lactation pods – The Spirit Atlanta terminal features a lactation pod for mothers who are traveling to and from Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. This is a private bench seating, having a small diaper changing table and a plug for breast pumping.
- Chapel – The Interfaith Airport Chapel is located at the domestic concourse of the Atlanta Spirit terminal on the third floor. 9 a.m. at 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Also, you can rest in the sleep pods provided by Atlanta Airport as an additional amenity if you have a long and tiring layover.
Does Spirit Domestic Terminal in Atlanta have parking areas?
Yes, Spirit Airlines North Terminal, Parkway, Atlanta GA provides various parking options. Below is the overview of parking type, price & other details:
|Parking Type||Parking Price (per day)||Description|
|Hourly Parking (short-term)||$36||There are north and south parking lots which are closest to the entrance. It is ideal for drivers to pick up and drop off people at the airport.|
|Daily Parking||$19||This is the 4-level overnight parking which is located directly in front of each terminal.|
|Economy Parking||$14||It is connected with both the North & South Terminal.|
|ATL West Parking||$16||It is connected with both North & South Terminal.|
Is there a car rental desk at Spirit Airlines Atlanta Terminal?
The car rental is the one-stop facility at the terminal that houses nearly 12 car rental vendors. Here is the list of car rental agencies available at the Spirit North Terminal Atlanta along with their phone number:
|Airport Rent a Car||404-209-1222|
|Budget Car Rental||404-530-3000|
|Dollar Rent A Car||866-434-2226|
|SIXT Rent a car||888-749-8227|
|Thrifty Car Rental||877-283-0898|
Which hotels are near the Spirit Airlines North Terminal Atlanta?
Below are the top hotels nearest to the Spirit Domestic Terminal in Atlanta:
|Hotel Name||Distance from the Airport|
|La Quinta by Wyndham Atlanta Airport North||2 km|
|Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North||2.4 km|
|Sonesta Atlanta Airport North||2.2 km|
|Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North||2.1 km|
|AC Hotel by Marriott Atlanta Airport Gateway||2.8 km|
|Embassy Suites By Hilton Atlanta Airport North||2.3 km|
How CantactForSupport Can Help?
ContactForSupport is your go-to online phone directory for all travel-related services and provides and helps connect customers with the officials of over 1000+ companies around the world. Passengers can contact us for all the general queries and concerns related to Spirit Airlines Atlanta Terminal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spirit Airlines uses Terminal N – Domestic (North) at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
Spirit Airlines operates from Concourse D which handles all its departure and arrival traffic at Atlanta Airport.
Terminal N is assigned to Spirit Airlines for all its operations and services from Atlanta Airport.
Concourse D is assigned Spirit Airlines in Atlanta.
The Terminal North (N) at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is dedicated to Spirit Airlines.
When you reach the airport, follow the signs to the Concourse D of Terminal North at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Spirit uses 2 gates on Concourse D and 7-8 gates on Concourse E.
Yes, Spirit Airlines operates from the Domestic North Terminal in Atlanta.
Spirit flies out of Terminal N – Domestic from Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.