John F. Kennedy International Airport, located in New York, United States operates more than 90 airlines including Delta Airlines. The JFK Airport houses non-stop flights of Delta Airlines to/from NYC through Terminal 4 to manage all its operations.
JFK Airport’s Terminal 4 is the 21st-century model for air terminal technology and serves as a hub for Delta Airlines. It has 48 gates along with 2 concourses, namely A & B. The Delta Airlines JFK Terminal provides many services including kiosk check-in, baggage counters, and Delta SkyClub lounges.
Delta Airlines at JFK Airport – Basic Details
Find the basic details flyers must know before flying through Delta Airlines JFK Terminal:
|Airport||John F. Kennedy International Airport|
|Airport Address||Queens, NY 11430, United States|
|Airlines Operating||Delta Airlines|
|Phone Number of Delta Airlines JFK Terminal||+1 718-244-4444|
|Delta Airlines Arrival & Departure Terminal JFK||Terminal 4|
|Delta Airlines Ticket Counter at JFK||Terminal 4|
|Delta Airlines Ticket Counter Hours at JFK||Daily 24 hours|
What Terminal is Delta Airlines at JFK?
Delta Airlines operates from Terminal 4 at John F. Kennedy International Airport. It has 48 gates divided into two concourses – A & B. Concourse B primarily serves both domestic and international flights of Delta Airlines at JFK. Concourse A comprises gates A2 – A12, A14 – A17, A19, and A21 which primarily serve Delta connection flights along with some other European & Asian Airlines.
Delta Arrival Terminal JFK
All Delta Airlines flights both domestic and international arrive at Terminal 4 of JFK Airport.
Delta Departure Terminal JFK
Delta Airlines flies out of Terminal 4 from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Delta Terminal Map JFK
Get JFK Delta Terminal directions in the terminal map given above. The map showcases various locations including the lost and found counter, ticket counter, concourses, parking area, and lounges.
How to book a flight at Delta Terminal at JFK Airport?
If you have not booked your Delta Airlines flight online, either through the website or mobile app, you can book a Delta flight at Terminal 4 at JFK Airport as below –
- Head to the ticket counter at Terminal 4.
- Provide information about your travel to the airline representative and select your flight.
- In case you have any special request as to meal or seat selection, inform the staff.
- Pay your flight charges and head to your flight arrival gate.
- Get your baggage tag attached to the baggage after the payment of the flight charges.
How early should one arrive at Delta Airlines JFK Terminal for easy check-in?
It is suggested to arrive at the airport at least two hours before the departure time. For hassle-free check-in at Terminal 4 of JFK Airport, flyers need to consider the below-suggested airport arrival time-
- For domestic flights-
- With Bags: 1 hour before departure
- Without Checked Bags: 45 minutes before departure
- For international flights- at least before 2 hours of scheduled departure.
It is suggested to check with the Delta Airlines office in NYC for the recommended airport arrival time for convenient travel.
How to check in for Delta Airlines at Terminal 4 at JFK Airport?
Terminal 4 of JFK International Airport makes flying memorable and easy for Delta flyers with easy check-in options. For all the travelers who have not initiated check-in through the website or mobile app, they have easy check-in options at the terminal.
Terminal 4 at JFK Airport has a self-service kiosk, providing a fast and easy check-in solution. At these kiosks, the flyers can easily check in themselves and get their boarding pass printed with the touch of their finger.
Below are the step-wise check-in instructions to be followed at kiosks –
- Flyers need to enter their SkyMiles, confirmation, or eTicket number.
- They can check their flight and print their boarding pass
- Also, they can add any checked bags, change their seat, and add their frequent flyer number to their profile.
Airport Check-in Desk
Do you need check-in help at Terminal 4 of JFK Airport? If so, visit any Delta Airlines check-in. The flyers can see an area labeled for Delta Flights with a special Sky Priority™desks boarding lane for Gold, Diamond Medallion®, and Platinum Members and Delta One®, Premium Select, and first-class passengers.
For all those flyers who prefer to check in as soon as they exit their vehicle, Delta curbside is located at the passenger drop-off at JFK Airport and check their baggage directly. In case you have oversized baggage, they have to bring them inside the oversized baggage area.
Delta Airlines Baggage Allowance at JFK Airport
When traveling with your stuff, know the details about getting the checked bags and carry bags at Delta JFK Terminal 4 –
- The size of the baggage must not exceed 62 inches when total length + width + height.
- Flyers may check in with the bags they plan to check after paying for or redeeming miles towards bags at the check-in window that is active 24/7 on the website of Delta Airlines, through the app, or at the kiosks when they arrive at the JFK Airport.
- Delta Sky Miles Medallion Members and Select Delta SkyMiles® American Express card members can check their first standard checked bag for free
- The price of checked baggage allowance varies by route and fare class.
Common Baggage Fees
Delta Comfort +® and Main cabin customers traveling on domestic flights within the United States, without Delta SkyMiles® American Express Card, Medallion Status, or Active Military can refer below for baggage fees-
- For the first-standard baggage below 50 lbs: $30. Flyers can also carry 1 carry-on or personal item with this fee.
- For the second standard checked bag below 50 lbs: $40 each way.
Are pets allowed to travel through the Delta Airlines JFK International Terminal?
Yes, pets are generally allowed to travel through the Delta Airlines JFK International Terminal. Flyers can carry small dogs, house birds, and cats in a cabin.
However, specific regulations and requirements should be followed:
- It is important that the pet is comfortably fitted in a soft-side ventilated pet kennel that will easily fit below the seat directly in front of the flyer.
- The furry companion must be at least 2 months old for domestic travel.
- They must be 4 months old if traveling to America from another country and at least 15 weeks old when flying to the EU.
- A female cat or dog can travel with her infant litter whose age must be between 8 to 24 weeks.
- 2 pets of the same size and breed between the ages of 2 and 6 months can travel in 1 pet carrier provided they comfortably fit into it.
NOTE: Pets in the pet carrier will be counted as 1 carry-on item. Apart from this, the flyers can bring one personal item on board the aircraft.
What are the shop and dining options at Delta Airlines JFK Terminal 4?
Wondering what to do on a layover at JFK Airport? If so, Delta Terminal at JFK Airport provides a plethora of shopping and dining options for the flyers including –
|Store||Location||What it offers|
|5th and Sunset||Gate 29||Fashion & Accessories|
|Cell Phone Purchase||Arrivals Hall||Electronics|
|Corsa Collections||Retail Hall West||Fashion & Accessories|
|Swarowski||Retail Hall West||Jewels, Gifts, Souvenirs, Fashion & Accessories|
|Bento Sushi||Gate 26|
|Blue Point Brewbery||Gate B34|
|Buffalo Wild Wings||Gate B26|
|Chocolates and more||Retail Hall West|
What are the transportation options at Delta Airlines JFK Terminal?
Delta Airlines Shuttle bus at JFK Airport runs between Terminal 2 and 4. The bus stops near Terminal 2 at Gate C60 and in Terminal 4 near gates B54 and B18. The Shuttle bus service is free and the travelers need not have to go through the security checking again.
What are the parking options at Delta Airlines Terminal at JFK Airport?
Flyers of Delta Airlines have two parking options – long-term and daily parking facilities at the JFK Airport. Below is the table showing the type of parking, its location, and parking rates –
|Types of Parking||Location||Parking Rates|
|Long Term Parking||Lefferts Blvd||Upto 24 Hours: $18|
Every 8 hours after 24 hours: $6
|Blue Parking||Terminal 4||First half hour: $3|
For up to 1 hour: $6
For each additional half hour: $3
Each 24 hours: Maximum $33
What are the other amenities Delta Airlines JFK International Terminal offers?
Keep your kids entertained, unwind your tired nerves, or embark on a shopping spree at Terminal 4 of JFK airport. The Terminal offers an assortment of amenities for the entertainment and rejuvenation of the flyers-
- Prayer and Reflection – The interfaith chapel of Terminal 4 is located on the departure level before the security. Flyers can spend their time with their loved ones who are not traveling before proceeding to their flight.
- Xpresspa – Pamper yourself with massage, spa, and beauty techniques. The shop provides massage, nail care, and rejuvenation services.
- Minute Suite – Flyers can relax in small rooms of Minute Suite sleep pods at Concourse B of Terminal 4
How can we help you?
ContactForSupport is a one-stop platform that provides comprehensive information, support, and guidance about Delta Airlines at Terminal 4 of JFK Airport. We provide updated information about the Airline and Terminal with which they can have a convenient travel experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delta Airlines operates from Terminal 4 of the JFK Airport.
All the domestic flights of Delta Airlines operate from Terminal 4 of the JFK Airport.
Terminal 4 houses all the flights of Delta Airlines from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
All the international flights of Delta Airlines arrive at Terminal 4 of JFK Airport.
All the flights of Delta Airlines depart from Terminal 4 of JFK Airport to various international destinations.
Yes, Delta SkyClub lounge is available at Terminal 4, Concourse B, near Gate B31 which generally opens from 5:00 am to 8:45 pm at JFK.