John F. Kennedy International Airport is a significant international airport serving the city of New York. It is the busiest of the seven airports in the city operating over 90 airlines, including JetBlue Airways. JetBlue flights operate from Terminal 5 JFK Airport. JetBlue Terminal JFK delivers a memorable experience to all flyers with its convenient check-in kiosks, incredible dining experience, retail options, free Wi-Fi, and even an outdoor roof deck.
JetBlue Airways at JFK Airport – Quick Details
You must know the basic details about JetBlue Airways at JFK Airport before you fly through the same. Find about JetBlue International Terminal 5 at JFK in the table given below:
|Airport||John F. Kennedy International Airport|
|Airport Address||Queens, NY 11430, United States|
|Airport Contact Number||+1 718-244-4444|
|Airlines Operating||JetBlue Airways|
|Contact Number of JetBlue Airways at JFK Terminal||(800) 538-2583|
|JetBlue Arrival & Departure Terminal JFK||Terminal 5|
|JetBlue Airways Ticket Counter Location at JFK||Terminal 5|
|JetBlue Airways Ticket Counter Hours at JFK||2:30am – 12:00am|
|TSA Security Checkpoint||4:00am – 12:00am|
|JetBlue Self-Service Kiosk||Available at Terminal 5|
|Jetbridge Access||Terminal 5: Always|
Terminal 4: Sometimes
What Terminal is JetBlue Airways at JFK?
JetBlue Airways operates from Terminal 5 of JFK Airport. Terminal 5 has 29 gates and a TSA pre-checkpoint for the expedited security check which is open from 4:00 am to 12:00 am where all the JetBlue passengers can access.
JetBlue Terminal JFK exudes a memorable flying experience for it houses convenient check-in kiosks, a plethora of retail and dining options, free Wi-Fi, multiple charging stations throughout, and even an outdoor rooftop deck.
JetBlue Arrival Terminal JFK
All the JetBlue flights arrive at Terminal 5 of JFK Airport.
JetBlue Departure Terminal JFK
JetBlue Airways flies out of Terminal 5 from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
JFK Jetblue Terminal Map
You can find JFK JetBlue Terminal 5 directions through the map given above. Travelers can check various locations at the terminal including the ticket counters, lost and found counter, and lounges.
How to book a flight at JetBlue Terminal at JFK Airport?
To book a flight with JetBlue Airways at Terminal 5 in JFK Airport, the flyers need to follow the below steps.
- Visit the Ticket Counter at Terminal 5.
- Provide the travel information to the airline staff and choose your flight.
- Inform the staff of any special travel requests including seat and meal selection.
- Pay the required flight fee and proceed to your flight arrival gate.
After booking the flight, the airline staff will provide a baggage tag.
How early should one arrive at JetBlue Airways JFK Terminal for easy check-in?
It is suggested to arrive at the airport two hours before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights and three to four hours before the scheduled departure time for international flights.
For convenient domestic and international check-in at Terminal 5 at JFK Airport, below are the suggested arrival times –
- Domestic Check-in at a kiosk or bag drop
- With checking bags – 40 minutes before departure.
- Without checking bags- 30 minutes before departure.
- International Check-in at kiosk/bag drop or ticket counter
- With checking bags- 60 minutes before departure
- Without checking bags/need a boarding pass – 60 minutes before departure
Arrival times vary at each airport. It is thus advisable to check with the JetBlue Airways office in New York, USA for the recommended time of arrival.
How to check in for JetBlue Airways at JFK Airport?
Terminal 5 of JFK International Airport makes flying fun for JetBlue Flyers with easy check-in options. If you have not initiated check-in either through the website or mobile apps, then you have the other check-in options at Terminal 5:
JetBlue Terminal 5 at JFK Airport has self-service kiosks to facilitate check-in for flyers. Using these kiosks, travelers can check in themselves, and get their boarding passes printed. The easy-to-use kiosks provide step-wise instructions to guide the flyers through the check-in process.
Below is the process to be followed for kiosks check-in –
- Click on the ‘Yes’ button when asked if you want to check your bags.
- Enter the number of bags.
- Collect your boarding pass.
- Head to the bag drop area, a bag tag will be issued, and leave your bags.
Full-service check-in counters
Terminal 5 of JFK airport houses full-service check-in counters, where travelers can avail of comprehensive help from the airline staff. The JetBlue employees at these counters help the flyers with the check-in and resolve their queries about their JetBlue flights.
NOTE: Keep your passport, credit card, confirmation code, barcode, or TrueBlue number handy for airport check-in.
JetBlue Airways Baggage Allowance at JFK Airport
Traveling with your bag? Find the information about getting your checked bags and carry bags at JetBlue JFK Terminal 5:
- Carry-on bags –
- Carry-on bags must not exceed 22″ x 14″ W x 9″ H, wheels and handles included.
- Personal items must not exceed 17″ x 13″ W x 8″ H
- One personal item like a purse, laptop bag, or pet carrier that fits under the seat in front of the traveler.
- Any additional carry-on bags will incur a fee of USD 65 for the first and second checked bags or USD 180 if it is a 3rd bag.
- Checked bags –
- Flyers can add two checked bags any time during booking
- Additional bags can be added to the booking at an added charge
- Flyers can pay in advance on JetBlue’s website or an app and save money if their fares do not include checked bags
- Mosaic members and AAdvantage elite members are entitled to up to 2 free bags during check-in.
Are pets allowed to travel through the JFK airport JetBlue Terminal?
JetBlue Airways at JFK Airport allows the flyers to carry only small cats and dogs on their flight. The pets must travel in a pet carrier approved by the FAA. The carrier should easily fit in the seat before the flyer. Only one pet per customer is allowed. The combined weight of the pet and the carrier must not exceed twenty pounds.
Below are the guidelines for bringing pets at JetBlue Airways JFK Terminal –
- The combined weight of the pet and the pet carrier should not cross 20 pounds
- Both the pet and the pet carrier are counted as one personal item and should fit under the seat below the flyer
- Pet carrier can be purchased at the JFK Ticket counter at Terminal 5
- One pet only is allowed and they must be able to comfortably turn around when the carrier is closed.
- All the pets must remain inside the pet carrier both at the airport and on the plane.
What are the shop and dining options at JetBlue JFK Terminal 5?
Are you wondering what things to do on a layover at JFK Airport? If so, the JetBlue Terminal in JFK provides many shopping and dining options that include –
|Store||Timings||What it offers|
|Blue Sky Traders||4.00 am to 11.00 pm||Toys, souvenirs, books, and snack options|
|Brighton Collectables||6.00 am to 8.30 pm||Jewellery, stylish handbags and accessories|
|InMotion||4.30 am to 10.00 pm||Headphones, cords, and connectors|
|NY Minute||5.00 am to 10.00 pm||Snacks, beverages, gifts and souvenirs|
|Artichoke Basille’s Pizza||5.00 am to 8.30 pm||Pizza|
|Baked by Melissa||6.00 am to 8.00 pm||Mini cupcakes and Gift boxes|
|Custom Burgers||11.00 am to 8.30 pm||Burgers and sandwiches|
|Deep Blue on the Fly||3.00 am to 8.30 pm||Fresh Sushi and Sashimi|
What are the transportation options at JetBlue Airways JFK Terminal?
The flyers can avail of shuttle transportation at the JetBlue Terminal 5 JFK through Air Train, which connects all the traveler terminals to the airport parking lot, the rental car area, the hotel shuttle pickup area, and the NYC public transportation network at Jamaica and Howard Beach stations.
What are the parking options at JFK Airport?
There are 2 parking options available for the flyers using the JetBlue Terminal Parking at JFK Airport. Below is the table showing the type of parking, its location, and the parking rates.
|Types of Parking||Location||Parking Rates|
|Long Term Parking||Lefferts Blvd||Upto 24 Hours: $18|
Each 8-hour period after 24 hours: $6
|Yellow Parking||Terminal 5||First half hour: $3|
For upto 1 hour: $6
For each additional half hour: $3
Each 24-hour period: Maximum $33
What are the other amenities JetBlue Airways JFK International Terminal offers?
Whether you are interested in rejuvenating, shopping, or keeping the kids entertained, here’s what Terminal 5 at JFK Airport has to offer in addition –
- Rooftop and Wooftop Lounge – The only post-security outdoor space at the airport, houses places to plug in and a dog walk.
- Junior play area – The aviation-themed interactive kid’s play area at Gate 26 of the airport helps your kids up their air travel IQ level.
- Grandstands – A perfect abode for lazing and people-watching with a complete view of the main entrance. There are plenty of plugins for electronics.
- JKF Airport sleep pods – Sleep, unwind, and relax at the sleep pods in the airside area of Terminal 5.
How can we help you?
ContactForSupport provides comprehensive support, help, and guidance about the JetBlue Airways Terminal 5. Our customers can get updated information about the airline and the terminal with which they can have a hassle-free travel experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
JetBlue Airways operates from Terminal 5 of the JFK Airport.
There are four lounges of JetBlue in Terminal 5 at JFK Airport.
All the JetBlue Flights arrive at Terminal 5 of JFK International Airport.
All the JetBlue flights depart from Terminal 5 of JFK.
Yes, Terminal 5 houses all the arrival and departure flights of JetBlue at JFK.
There are two types of parking options at the JetBlue Terminal 5 at JFK. Pricing is based on the duration of the parked vehicle which starts from $6 to $33.
Yes, Terminal 5 houses all the flights of JetBlue Airways at JFK Airport.
JetBlue Airways fly into Terminal 5 at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport.