Lufthansa Airlines is a German airline and one of the largest airlines in Europe, known for its excellent service, modern fleet, and innovative in-flight amenities. Lufthansa operates from several airports worldwide, including John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), a major airport in United Kingdom.
The Lufthansa Airlines John F. Kennedy International Airport Terminal (JFK) offers passengers a comfortable and convenient travel experience. In this article, we will take a closer look at the features and amenities of the Lufthansa Terminal JFK, exploring what makes it one of the most sought-after airports for travelers flying to and from.
General Information About JFK Lufthansa Terminal
If you’re planning to fly with Lufthansa Airlines into or out of John F. Kennedy International Airport, it’s helpful to have some general information about what to expect from your travel experience. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-time flyer, this guide will help you navigate Lufthansa JFK Terminal with ease and confidence.
|Airport||John F. Kennedy International Airport|
|Airport Address||Queens, NY 11430, United States|
|JFK Lufthansa Arrivals Terminal||Terminal 1|
|JFK Lufthansa Departures Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Airport Contact Number||+1 718-244-4444|
Lufthansa JFK Terminal Map
Find the map for Lufthansa Airlines at John F. Kennedy International Airport above. The map given above highlights the location of the JFK Airport Terminal 1, which is where Lufthansa Airlines typically operates from John F. Kennedy Airport.
Lufthansa Terminal At JFK – An Ultimate Guide
Flying can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but with the right information and preparation, you can make your journey through Lufthansa Airlines John F. Kennedy International Airport a smooth and hassle-free one.
Here we will provide you with an ultimate guide to flying with Lufthansa Terminal JFK-
How to check-in for Lufthansa Airlines at JFK Airport?
If you prefer to check-in in-person at the airport, head to the Lufthansa Airlines check-in counter located in the terminal.
Check-in counters are open several hours before your scheduled departure time, and Lufthansa Airlines recommends arriving at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight.
Here are the general steps to complete the check-in process for Lufthansa Airlines at the airport:
- Locate the Lufthansa Airlines check-in counter in the terminal.
- Join the queue and wait for your turn to approach the check-in counter.
- Present your passport or travel documents and your ticket or booking confirmation to the check-in agent.
- The agent will verify your identity and booking information.
- Check any baggage you’re traveling with.
- Lufthansa Airlines may have specific baggage allowances and restrictions, so make sure to check these before arriving at the airport.
- The check-in agent will provide you with a boarding pass, which shows your flight details and seat assignment.
- If you have any special requests or needs, such as dietary restrictions or mobility assistance, make sure to inform the check-in agent.
- After completing the check-in process, you’ll need to pass through security and immigration checkpoints before reaching your departure gate.
It’s always a good idea to arrive at the airport early to allow enough time to complete the check-in process.
How to add extra baggage allowance at Lufthansa JFK Terminal?
For Lufthansa Airlines flights departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport, the following baggage allowances generally apply:
|Class of Service||Baggage Allowance||Weight Limit|
|Economy Class||1 piece of checked baggage and 1 piece of carry-on baggage||Checked bag must be within 23 kg (50 lbs) and carry-on bag weighing up to 8 kg (17 lbs)|
|Business Class||2 pieces of checked baggage 1 piece of carry-on baggage||Checked bag must be within 32 kg (70 lbs) and carry-on bag weighing up to 8 kg (17 lbs)|
NOTE: Excess baggage fees may apply if you exceed the Lufthansa checked baggage allowances.
How to book flight reservations at JFK Luftansa Terminal?
To book Lufthansa flight reservations at the airport, you can approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk at JFK terminal 1, which is usually located in the Lufthansa departure terminal at JFK. Here are the general steps to book Lufthansa flights at the airport –
- Approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk.
- Inform the Lufthansa agent of your travel details, including your departure and arrival airports, dates of travel, and number of passengers.
- The agent will search for available flights based on your travel details and preferences.
- They may provide you with several flight options and fares to choose from.
- Select your flight and provide your personal and payment information to complete the booking.
- You’ll need to provide your name, contact details, and payment method, such as a credit card or cash.
- Once you’ve completed the booking process, the agent will provide you with a confirmation receipt or itinerary with your flight details and booking reference number.
NOTE: Last-minute flight booking or booking flight at the airport may subject to availability and dynamic pricing.
How to cancel Lufthansa Airlines ticket at John F. Kennedy Airport?
To request Lufthansa ticket cancellation at the John F. Kennedy International Airport, you can approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk, which is usually located in the Lufthansa departure terminal at JFK. Follow these steps –
- Approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk.
- Inform the Lufthansa agent that you would like to cancel your ticket.
- You’ll need to provide your booking reference number and personal identification, such as your passport or ID card.
- The agent will check the eligibility for cancellation and any associated fees or refunds.
- If you are eligible for a refund or partial refund, the agent will process the refund and provide you with the confirmation receipt.
- The refund may take several days to process depending on the payment method and banking institution.
- If you have any additional questions or concerns about the cancellation, you can ask the agent for assistance or clarification.
How to claim for Lost & Found at JFK Lufthansa Terminal?
John F. Kennedy International Airport provides Lost & Found services to assist passengers in locating their lost items. Here’s how you can use this service:
- If you have lost an item at the airport, immediately report it to the nearest airport staff member or go to the Airport Lost & Found office, which is usually located in the terminal building.
- You can also report the lost items by filling out the form here.
- Provide a detailed description of the lost item.
- The Lost & Found staff will register the lost item in their database and try to locate it by conducting a search in the lost property inventory.
- If the lost item is found, the staff will contact you to arrange for collection or shipping.
Lufthansa Airlines Arrivals At John F. Kennedy International Airport
If you’re arriving on a Lufthansa flight, You can follow this link for all the scheduled arrivals for John F. Kennedy International Airport. Upon arrival, passengers will need to:
- Once you land at John F. Kennedy International Airport, follow the signs to the Arrivals area.
- If you’re an international passenger, you’ll need to go through Immigration and Customs.
- Follow the signs to the Immigration and Customs area and have your passport and any necessary documents ready.
- After clearing Immigration and Customs, you’ll enter the public Arrivals area.
- Look for the baggage carousels to collect your checked luggage.
If you need assistance or have any questions, there are airport staff members and information desks available throughout the terminal.
Lufthansa Airlines Departures From John F. Kennedy International Airport
If you’re departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) on a Lufthansa flight, You can follow this link for all the scheduled departures for John F. Kennedy International Airport. Upon arrival, passengers will need to:
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Arriving before will allow you for check-in, security screening, and other procedures.
- Follow the signs to the Lufthansa check-in counters located in the Departures area.
- At check-in, present your travel documents and any baggage you need to check.
- After checking in, proceed to the security screening area.
- Once you’ve cleared security, proceed to the gate assigned for your flight.
Boarding usually begins around 45 minutes before departure time.
What parking options are available at Lufthansa Terminal JFK?
Here is a table summarizing the parking options available at Lufthansa Terminal 1 of John F. Kennedy International Airport:
|Green Lot||– 1/2 hour: $4|
– Each additional 1/2 hr or part thereof: $4
– 24 hours maximum: $36
|Long Term Parking||– First 24 hours: $29|
– Over 24 hours, each 12 hours period/part thereof: $14.50
It’s always a good idea to check the official John F. Kennedy International Airport website for the most up-to-date information on parking options and rates.
What car rentals are available at Lufthansa Airlines John F. Kennedy Terminal?
Below is the overview of the car rental vendors available at Lufthansa Terminal at JFK:
|Car Rental Company||Contact Information|
|Budget||+61 1300 362 848|
|Europcar||+61 3 9241 6800|
|Hertz||+61 3 8312 9590|
|Enterprise||+61 3 9330 2314|
|Alamo||+61 3 9330 2314|
It’s always a good idea to check the official John F. Kennedy International Airport website or contact the car rental company directly for the most up-to-date information.
Hotels Near JFK Lufthansa Terminal
Here’s a table summarizing hotels near Lufthansa Terminal at JFK –
|TWA Hotel||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, outdoor pool||8.9/10 (Booking.com)|
|Hilton New York JFK Airport Hotel||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, outdoor pool||8.5/10 (Booking.com)|
|Crowne Plaza JFK Airport||Restaurant, bar, shuttle service||7.2/10 (Booking.com)|
|Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, outdoor pool||8.1/10 (Booking.com)|
Lufthansa Lounges At JFK Airport
Here is the list of lounges available at Lufthansa Terminal JFK-
|VIP Lounge||Terminal 1|
|Admirals Club||Terminal 1|
|Air France Lounge||Terminal 1|
Other Amenities and Facilities at Terminal 1 of JFK
Below is the overview of all the amenities and facilities available at JFK Terminal 1:
|Currency exchange||Terminal 1|
|Medical services||Terminal 1|
|Prayer room||Terminal 1|
|Smoking area||External Area|
|Mobile Phone Charging Stations||Arriving Hall|
NOTE: This table is for informational purposes only and the availability of certain amenities and facilities may be subject to change.
How ContactForSupport Can Help?
ContactForSupport is a platform that helps users connect with customer support representatives and is an online directory for various products and services. While we do not specifically provide assistance for Lufthansa Terminal at JFK Airport, we can still offer assistance in the following ways:
- If you have any general questions or concerns regarding travel or flights.
- If you are having trouble reaching the customer service team for Lufthansa Airlines at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lufthansa Airlines uses Terminal 1 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).
The arrival terminal for Lufthansa Airlines at John F. Kennedy International Airport is Terminal 1.
The departure terminal for Lufthansa Airlines at John F. Kennedy International Airport is Terminal 1.
Passengers flying with Lufthansa Airlines from John F. Kennedy International Airport must proceed to Terminal 1 and check-in at the dedicated Lufthansa Airlines counter.
The baggage allowance for Lufthansa Airlines flights from John F. Kennedy International Airport varies depending on the fare class and route, and should be checked with the airline.
Yes, Lufthansa Airlines offers lounge access at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Lufthansa Airlines accept cash and credit/debit cards as forms of payment at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
The cost of parking at Lufthansa Terminal of John F. Kennedy International Airport varies depending on the parking lot and duration of stay.
There are several car rental agencies located at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt.