Travel wisely. Use our handy guide to the Etihad Airways services you can expect at the John F Kenedy international, and start your trip hassle-free. All the details of Etihad Airways JFK International terminal including the departure & arrival terminal, baggage drop area, and many more are explained below.
|John F Kenedy International Airport
|Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
|Terminals 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
|Queens, NY 11430
|Distance From Philadelphia
JFK Airport Guide for Etihad Airways
Passengers arriving at the John F Kennedy international airport have access to the following service at the time of travel –
- Airport location – John F. Kennedy International Airport New York, NY 11430
- Etihad Airlines JFK terminal departure & arrival – Terminal 4.
- Ticket counter hours for Etihad – Terminal 4. Daily 4.30 am – 10.30 pm
- When to arrive at the airport to board Etihad Airways – If traveling with a checked bag, or international travel counter assistance, you must arrive 2 hours before the scheduled departure. For travel without bags or needing Etihad assistance, arrive 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Etihad Pre-check – Pre-check service is open between 04.30 am – 11.00 am and 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm.
Baggage Drop Area and Claim Counter
- Drop Area – If you have baggage to check in drop it at the Etihad baggage counter located at Terminal 1. The counter opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure but not before 05.30 am. The Airline accepts checked baggage 30 minutes before departure. The Airline accepts debit/credit cards at the John F Kennedy international airport.
- Claim Baggage– Etihad has been allotted carousel 5 at terminal 4. Passengers can claim baggage 40 minutes after arrival. Checked baggage will be accepted during ticket counter hours only – and no more than 4 hours before the scheduled departure.
Etihad Airways Check-In
- Etihad Airways check-in cut-off – A valid boarding pass must be issued and all baggage would be received by Etihad prior to the check-in and boarding cut-off times at JFK airport.
- Ticket counter check-in – Customer care representatives of Etihad Airways at JFK airport Etihad Airways terminal are always available to help you get started with the check-in if you are traveling with a paper ticket. Or, in case you need a little additional assistance on the day of departure.
- Kiosk check-in – Check in yourself using the Etihad check-in kiosk located at the John F Kennedy international airport terminal.
- Payment at the airport – Etihad does not accept cash payments at JFK airport. Please check with the Etihad Airways staff at the airport to find out if options are available to convert cash to debit/credit cards.
Etihad Airways JFK Terminal Boarding Details
- Security – You must enter airport security at least 45 minutes before the Etihad flight departs.
- Boarding – You must be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the flight departs. If Etihad has your contact details, you will be contacted when it is about to close. The airline would not delay the aircraft’s departure to cater to the late passengers.
- Pre-boarding – If you want to take advantage of the pre-boarding for Etihad, passengers need to arrive at the gate early. Pre-boarding is available to –
- Families with infants and small children
- Passengers flying with disability or mobility assistance
- Priority boarding – Etihad’s priority boarding service is available to –
- Passengers traveling in First, and Business Class are offered by Airline.
- Unaccompanied minors.
Please note – You can use the priority lane to board anytime if you arrive after your priority group has been called.
Immigration at Etihad Airways JFK International Airport
You can utilize an Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosk to expedite immigration if you are flying into JFK airport Terminal [number] for Etihad Airways. This facility is available to US or Canadian passport holders, a passenger traveling with a B1/B2 tourist visa, or traveling under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program.
You can use the APC kiosk to scan your passport, snap a picture, and respond to a series of customs-related questions rather than filling out a paper customs form. To complete your entry documents for the USA, kindly present your receipt and passport to a US Customs and Border Patrol agent.
Find out everything you need to know about the Etihad Airlines connections/stopover, including travel to and from JFK international airport.
If you need additional help with travel. For instance, getting through the airport, boarding the Etihad, or rewatching through travel connections. In this case, please let the Airline know 48 hours before the scheduled departure via the ‘Manage Booking’ section or by calling.
Getting to the Etihad Airways JFK International Terminal –
- Train – Both the Long Island Rail Road and the JFK AirTrain provide a rail network into Manhattan. All terminals at John F Kennedy are AirTrain stations. The trip takes about 35 minutes from JFK airport to Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Taxis – Each JFK airport terminal’s arrivals section has a taxi stand outside. Depending on traffic, it takes between 40 and 90 minutes to reach the downtown area.
- Bus from JFK International Airport – Bus departs every 10 minutes to and from the Main Terminal area. The bus departs and arrives at the Express bus stop at each terminal. The journey time is around 75 minutes.
Services offered by Etihad at the John F Kennedy International Airport
Following services offered by the Etihad at Terminal 2 of the Newyork’s JFK airport –
- ATM Kiosk
- Free WiFi access at the Etihad Terminal area
- Cargo services
- Etihad business lounge
- Kids area
- Infant’s nursing center
- Family restrooms
- Power points at the gate and the terminal area
- Security pre-check
Etihad Airways JFK International Airport Location Map
Etihad Airways JFK International Airport : Tour
Etihad Airways JFK Terminal – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
We’ve included some frequently asked questions & their answers about Etihad JFK Terminal below. Have a look for more clarity about the airport as well as the terminal-
Etihad uses Terminal 4 at John F Kennedy international airport. You can access all Etihad Airways services from this terminal such as complimentary WiFi, free access to the lounge for premium class and frequent flyer members, priority boarding, and more.
To figure out the Etihad Airline Terminal at JFK, check out the flight confirmation email. You can also access the details of the same through the Etihad Manage Booking section or by calling Etihad customer service.