Delta’s Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the brand-new and busiest terminal in the United States. It is a new home to Delta Air Lines’ main hub in Los Angeles and handles over 90% of its flights at LAX. It is a modern, efficient terminal, and renders various services to make your travel experience as smooth as possible. Delta Terminal LAX flies to over 60 destinations directly.
What you need to know about LAX Delta Terminal – Basic Information
Have a look over the given information about Delta LAX Terminal which will give you rapid insights about it as the address, websites, and which terminal is delta at LAX:
|Los Angeles International Airport
|LAX Airport Address
|1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
|Delta Arrivals LAX Terminal
|LAX Delta Departures Terminal
|Airport Contact Number
What Terminal is Delta at LAX?
The terminal for Delta at LAX is Terminal 3. The terminal is located on the north side of the airport and is connected to the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) by a pedestrian bridge. Delta Terminal at LAX was opened in 1961 as Trans World Airlines (TWA) Terminal & renamed in 2016 after Delta Air Lines acquired TWA.
Find the directions to Delta Terminal 3 here through the given map-
Delta Arrivals Terminal at LAX
Generally, Delta flights use Terminal 3 or Terminal TB (i.e. Tom Bradley International Terminal) at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). There are several flights with the name Delta Air Lines that are actually codeshare flights run by other Airlines such as Virgin Atlantic Airlines at Los Angeles International Airport & more, typically operating from Terminal 2.
Delta Departures Terminal at LAX
For Delta departures from LAX Airport, it uses Terminal 3. Some codeshare flights also operate here on Terminal 2 or Terminal TB.
In some cases, the terminals may change. So, to get the most recent information, you must visit here.
What is the gate location of Delta Terminal LAX?
Delta Airlines in LAX Terminal has 11 gates. The gates are located in the following areas:
- Concourse A: Gates 31B, 32, 33A, 33B.
- Concourse B: Gates 34, 35, 35P, 36
- Concourse C: Gates 37A, 37B, 38
One can know his/her gate number by only looking at your boarding pass or can ask any Delta Representative at the check-in counter or at the gate area at Delta Airlines LAX Terminal.
At what time should one arrive at Delta Airlines LAX?
The recommended time by the Delta Airlines Office in Los Angeles to arrive at the Delta Airlines at LAX airport depends on the type of flight you are taking and your boarding group. Here is a table that summarises the Delta arrival Terminal Lax times:
|Type of Flight
|Recommended Arrival Time
|Delta Domestic Terminal LAX Flight
|2 hours prior to the departure
|Delta International Terminal LAX Flight
|3 hours before the scheduled time of Delta LAX Departure Terminal
This will give you enough time to check in, go through security, and clear customs. If you are checking bags, you may need to allow extra time for this.
What are the Baggage Allowances at LAX Delta Terminal?
Delta Air Lines’ baggage allowances at Terminal LAX vary depending on the passenger’s fare class, destination, and type of travel. Here are the general rules:
|Free Baggage Check
|50 pounds (approx 23kg)
|For the first bag: $30 USD For the second bag: $40 USD
|50 pounds (approx 23kg)
|70 pounds (approx 32kg)
|70 pounds (approx 32kg)
How to check in for Delta LAX Terminal?
You can check in for Delta Terminal at LAX via the mobile app, using the website, or be present at the check-in counter there. Check out the steps below:
You can check in online at least 24 hours before your flight at Delta Airlines terminal LAX. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Delta Air Lines check-in page and enter your flight information.
- You will be able to print your boarding pass and check your bags online.
Delta’s authorized website is the source of this screenshot.
Through the Mobile App
You can also check in through the Delta Air Lines mobile app named “Fly Delta”. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices. Following are the steps to check in via the app for Delta Airlines at LAX Terminal:
- To check in through the app, download & open the app and enter your flight information.
- After fulfilling the procedure, you can get your boarding pass printed & baggage checked.
At the Airport’s Counter
The procedure to check in at the counter is given below:
- Go to the Airline’s check-in counter at least 2 hours before your flight.
- Show your ID and boarding pass to the agent.
- If you are checking bags, the agent will weigh your bags and give you a baggage tag.
- If you have any special requests, such as a seat assignment, let the agent know.
- The agent will print your boarding pass and give it to you.
Which parking options are available at Delta Terminal LAX?
The parking options are available at the Delta Terminal in LAX as per your convenience and the amount of money you can afford to spend. So, have an overview below:
|3-5 mins to terminal
|Official LAX Parking
|First Hour – $9
Every extra 30 mins – $7
Max everyday rate – $60
Pre-book from only $24/day
|15 mins to terminal
|Lowest LAX Parking Rates
EV Charging available
|First Hour – $8
Every Extra 30 mins – $7
Max Everyday Rate – $35
Pre-book from only $14/day
|1-2 mins to terminal
|Professional and friendly service
|Daily Rate – $75
Pre-book from $20/day
|Van Nuys Flyaway
|60+ mins to terminal
|Cheap Airport Parking
|FlyAway Bus – $9.75
Hourly Rate – $2
Max Everyday Rate – $5
|2-3 mins to terminal
|Premium EV Charging location
|First Hour – $11
Every extra 30 mins – $9
Max Everyday Rate – $70
|3-5 mins to terminal
|Available to all garages except P7
|Service Fee – $2
Usage – $0.45/kWH
Is there a lounge at Delta Terminal Lax?
Yes, there are two lounges present at the terminal: Delta Sky Club and Delta Sky360. A brief description of both lounges is given below-
1. Delta Sky Club: It is a premium lounge including a bar, a dining area, and a quiet room. The food and drinks selection is varied & engrosses various options. It is located in Concourse A, near Gate 31B.
Some of the other main services provided by it are:
- Comfortable seating
- Charging Stations
- Business Center
2. DeltaSky 360: It is a small lounge that bestows the passengers a more casual experience. It is located in Concourse C, near Gate 37A. The food and drink options are limited here.
Some of the important services provided by it:
- Charging Stations
- Business center
- Fine area to sit
NOTE: Access to the Delta Sky Club and Delta Sky360 is available to Delta SkyMiles Platinum, Gold, and Reserve members, as well as Delta One and Delta Premium Select Passengers. Other passengers can also access it by purchasing a day pass.
Are Pets allowed on Delta Terminal LAX flights?
Pets are allowed in Delta Terminal LAX flights, but only in the cabin. They must to fit comfortably in a carrier under the seat before yours. Pets must be at least 10 weeks old for domestic travel, 16 weeks old if traveling to the USA from elsewhere, and 15 weeks old for European Union travel.
Here are the specific rules for bringing pets on Delta flights:
- Pets must be in a carrier that is soft-sided and no larger than 19 inches long, 13 inches wide, and 9 inches high.
- You must purchase a pet ticket for your pet.
- You must check in with your pet at least 2 hours before your flight.
- If you are traveling with a service animal, you do not need to purchase a pet ticket.
- Pets must be quiet and well-behaved at all times.
- Pets are not allowed to eat or drink during the flight.
- Pets must be kept in their carriers at all times, except when going through security or at a pet relief station.
The ticket cost of having a pet on the flight:
|Checked pet fee
|US/Canada/Puerto Rico/US Virgin Islands
If you have any questions about bringing pets on Delta flights, you can contact Delta Customer Service at +1-800-221-1212.
What is the Lost and Found policy of LAX Delta Terminal?
Delta Airlines has a Lost and Found program at LAX Airport. Hence if you’ve lost or left something at the airport, you can claim the item. Here are the details of it:
What items are covered under it
The policy covers all those items that are lost at the airport, including checked baggage, carry-on baggage, and personal belongings.
How to file the claim
If you lose any item under the coverage area, you can file the claim either online, by phone call, or in person at Delta Airlines’ Lost and Found office at LAX.
What to include in your claim
You need to include the following information while filing the claim:
- Your name, mail ID, and phone number.
- The date and time you lost the item.
- Description of the item.
- The identifying mark or symbol on the item (if any).
The concerned department will hold lost items for 30 days. If nobody claims the item, the items will be donated to charity.
NOTE: It’s not guaranteed that the item will be found for sure & if your item is found, you will be responsible for paying a handling fee which may typically be up to $25.
Is cash accepted at Delta Terminal LAX?
Most domestic Delta Airport locations do not accept cash under the system of “cashless stations”. Customers, who don’t have an acceptable medium of payment, can buy a prepaid Visa gift credit payment card from any of the third-party vendors by paying a certain fee.
Does Delta reimburse canceled flights at LAX Airport?
Refunds depend upon the class you’ve opted to travel to and the time of canceling the tickets. As Basic Economy tickets, which are once purchased, can’t be changed and are non-refundable.
But in the case of Main Cabin, Comfort+ & Delta One class, the tickets purchased are refundable up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time for a full refund. After 24 hours, the passengers may be eligible for a partial refund depending on the variable terms and conditions.
Which car rentals are available at LAX Delta Terminal?
There are several car rental companies present at the Delta Airlines LAX Terminal. Some of the prominent car rentals are:
|Car Rental Company
You can book your car rental through Delta’s website or app & it can make your journey convenient, flexible & often discounted which can be economical to use.
Does Delta Terminal at LAX have hotels nearby?
If you have a long layover at LAX Airport, then there are a variety of hotels to rest near the Delta Terminal in LAX. One can explore the hotels as per their needs or there are various things to do at the LAX Airport which can be interesting & exciting for travelers waiting for their next flight.
Have a look at the hotels, their distance from the airport, their ratings, and the amenities provided by them:
|Amenities & Perks
|Hilton Los Angeles Airport
|Breakfast, Parking, Outdoor Pool, Pet-Friendly, Fitness Centre, Air Conditioning, Hot Tub
|Hollywood Inn Express LAX
|Parking, Free Wi-fi, Breakfast, Child-friendly, Air conditioning, Smoke-free property
|Ramada by Wndham Hawthorne/LA Stadium
|Breakfast, Free Wi-fi, Hot Tub, Bar, Outdoor pool, Free Parking
|Hampton Inn Los Angeles Int’l Airport/Hawthorne
|Free Breakfast, Free Wi-fi, Indoor Pool, Free Parking, Pet-friendly, Airport Shuttle
|Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
|Breakfast, Hot tub, Free Wi-fi, Pet-Friendly, Parking, Fitness Centre
What class options are given by Delta Airlines LAX Terminal?
Delta Airlines offers four main classes on its flights namely:
- Basic Economy: This is the primary class of service and endows lesser facilities to its passengers than others. They can select their seat for an additional fee and even it’s not guaranteed to get a seat together if any companion is there. They also don’t receive any free checked bags or advance seat assignments.
- Main Cabin: This is the standard class and possesses more to provide its travelers. They can select their seats & also receive one free checked bag. Delta’s entertainment system is also accessible to them.
- Comfort+: Being a premium service class, it offers more legroom and amenities. The passengers receive two free checked bags, access to Delta’s premium entertainment system, priority boarding, and the reach to the Delta Sky360 lounge at LAX.
- Delta One: This is the most premium class fully loaded with the best amenities. The passengers can get three free checked bags, access to the premium entertainment system & to the Delta Sky Club lounge at LAX, as well as a lie-flat seat.
Are there any codeshare flights operated by Delta Airlines LAX?
There are several codeshare flights operated by Delta LAX Terminal. The functions are done by other airlines but are marketed as Delta Airlines flights. They are operated at Terminal E.
Given below are some of the codeshare flights:
- Virgin Atlantic
- LATAM Airlines
- Korean Air
- China Airlines
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
What are the perks of flying with Delta Airlines at LAX?
Delta Airlines Terminal LAX is a major airline that offers flights to many destinations around the world. The airline has a large presence at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), and it offers a variety of services and amenities to its passengers.
- Delta Ground Service Center: It is a convenient location to check in for your flight, print boarding passes, and check baggage.
- Restaurants & Shops: There is a multitude of restaurants & shops throughout the terminal, so you can fulfill your basic needs before your flight.
- Consolidated Security Checkpoint: It allows passengers to check in and go through security for all of their flights at once which can save time and makes the process more efficient.
- Other services: There are a number of other services available in Terminal 3, such as currency exchange, ATMs, etc.
All in all, one of the things that makes Delta Terminal LAX stand out is its customer service. The airline’s employees are known for being friendly and helpful, and they are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that their customers have a positive experience. Overall, LAX Delta Terminal is a great option for travelers who are looking for a reliable and comfortable flight.
Who Are We?
ContactForSupport revolutionizes customer support by providing seamless connections between customers and officials, eliminating the agony of enduring lengthy phone calls. Our extensive reach encompasses diverse domains, including airline offices, airlines, airports, home security, and more. With meticulous information management and resource allocation, we guarantee precise and current details. Count on us for uninterrupted services as we remain available round the clock, ensuring a hassle-free experience for our valued clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delta flies out from Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport.
Delta arrivals primarily take place at Terminal 3 at LAX. However, it may also use Tom Bradley International Terminal TB.
Delta flights depart from Terminal 3 at LAX.
There are a variety of planes Delta flying with from Los Angeles as Code 220, Airbus A31X/32X, Airbus A330, Airbus A350, Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Boeing 767, Bombardier CRJ/Challenger, Embraer 19X/17X.
Delta Domestic is at Terminal 3 at LAX.