Travel wisely. Use our handy guide to the Iberia services you can expect at the John F Kenedy international, and start your trip hassle-free. Here we are going to describe some important rules that passengers have to follow before check-in for Iberia Airlines at JFK International terminal.
JFK Airport Guide for Iberia
Passengers arriving at the John F Kennedy international airport have access to the following service at the time of travel –
- Airport location – John F. Kennedy International Airport New York, NY 11430
- Gate location for Iberia – Terminal 7, Gate 1-4
- Ticket counter hours for Iberia – Terminal 7, Zone C. Daily 4.30 am – 10.30 pm
- When to arrive at the airport to board Iberia – If traveling with a checked bag, international travel or need Iberia counter assistance, you must arrive 2 hours before the scheduled departure. For travel without bags or needing Iberia counter assistance, arrive 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Iberia Pre-check – Pre-check service for Iberia is open between 04.30 am – 11.00 am and 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm.
Baggage at Iberia Airline JFK International Airport
- Baggage Drop Area – If you have baggage to check-in drop it at the Iberia baggage counter located at Terminal 1. The counter opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure but not before 05.30 am. The Iberia accepts checked baggage 30 minutes before departure. The Iberia accepts debit/credit cards at the John F Kennedy international airport.
- Baggage claim – Iberia has been allotted carousel 5 at terminal 7. Passengers can claim baggage 40 minutes after Iberia arrival. Checked baggage will be accepted during ticket counter hours only – and no more than 4 hours before the scheduled departure.
Iberia Airlines Check-In
- Iberia Airlines check-in cut-off – A valid boarding pass must be issued and all baggage would be received by the Iberia prior to the check-in and boarding cut-off times at JFK airport.
- Iberia Ticket counter check-in – Iberia customer care representatives at JFK airport Iberia airlines terminal are always available to help you get started with the check-in if you are traveling with a paper ticket. Or, in case you need a little additional assistance on the day of departure.
- Kiosk check-in – Check-in yourself using the Iberia check-in kiosk located at the John F Kennedy international airport throughout the Iberia system.
- Payment at the airport – The Iberia does not accept cash payment at the JFK airport. Please check with the Iberia staff at the airport to find out if options are available to convert cash to debit/credit cards.
Iberia Airline JFK Terminal Boarding Details
- Security – You must enter airport security at least 45 minutes before the Iberia flight departs.
- Boarding – You must be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the Iberia departs. If Iberia has your contact details, you will be contacted when it is about to close. Iberia would not delay the aircraft’s departure to cater to the late passengers.
- Pre-boarding – If you want to take advantage of the pre-boarding for Iberia, passengers need to arrive at the gate early. Pre-boarding is available to –
- Families with infants and small children
- Passengers flying with disability or mobility assistance
- Priority boarding – Iberia priority boarding service is available to –
- Passengers traveling in First, and Business Class offered by Iberia
- Unaccompanied minors
- Executive Iberia Silver, Gold, and Club members.
- One World or Star Alliance frequent flyers
Please note – You can use the priority lane to board anytime if you arrive after your priority group has been called.
Immigration at Iberia Airline JFK International Airport
You can utilize an Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosk to expedite immigration if you are flying into JFK airport Terminal [number] for Iberia. This facility is available to the US or Canadian passport holders, a passenger traveling with a B1/B2 tourist visa, or traveling under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program.
You can use the APC kiosk to scan your passport, snap a picture, and respond to a series of customs-related questions rather than filling out a paper customs form. To complete your entry documents for the USA, kindly present your receipt and passport to a US Customs and Border Patrol agent.
Find out everything you need to know about the [airlines interlink] connections/stopover, including travel to and from JFK international airport.
If you need additional help with travel. For instance, getting through the airport, boarding the Iberia, or rewatching through travel connections. In this case, please let Iberia know 48 hours before the scheduled departure via the ‘Manage Booking’ section or by calling.
Getting to the Iberia Airline JFK International Terminal –
- Train – Both the Long Island Rail Road and the JFK AirTrain provide a rail network into Manhattan. All terminals at John F Kennedy are AirTrain stations. The trip takes about 35 minutes from JFK airport to Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Taxis – Each JFK airport terminal’s arrivals section has a taxi stand outside. Depending on traffic, it takes between 40 and 90 minutes to reach the downtown area.
- Bus from JFK International Airport – Bus departs every 10 minutes to and from the Main Terminal area. Bus departs and arrives at the Express bus stop at each terminal. The journey time is around 75 minutes.
Services offered by the Iberia at the John F Kennedy International Airport
Following services offered by the Iberia at Terminal 2 of the Newyork’s JFK airport –
- ATM Kiosk
- Free WiFi access at the Iberia Terminal area
- Cargo services
- Iberia business lounge
- Kids area
- Infant’s nursing center
- Family restrooms
- Power points at the gate and the terminal area
- Security pre-check
Iberia Airlines JFK International Airport – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Iberia uses Terminal 7 at John F Kennedy international airport. You can access all Iberia Airline services from this terminal such as complimentary WiFi, free access to the lounge for premium class and frequent flyer members, priority boarding, and more.
To figure out the terminal for Iberia, check out the flight confirmation email. You can also access the details of the same through the Iberia Manage Booking section or by calling Iberia customer service.