At Austrian Airlines JFK Airport, the airline strives to provide you with a seamless and comfortable travel experience. As the national airline of Austria, the airline takes pride in offering our passengers world-class service, state-of-the-art aircraft, and a commitment to excellence that is unmatched in the industry.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, the team of dedicated professionals is here to ensure that your journey with the airline is a smooth and enjoyable one. From the moment you arrive at JFK Airport, you can expect personalized service and attention to detail that will make you feel right at home.
Overview of the Austrian Airlines JFK Terminal
Austrian Airlines operates out of Terminal 1 at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. This terminal is a modern and spacious facility that offers a range of amenities and services to make your travel experience as comfortable as possible.
When you arrive at Terminal 1, you’ll find plenty of options for dining, shopping, and relaxation. There are numerous restaurants and cafes where you can grab a bite to eat or a drink before your flight, as well as duty-free shops where you can purchase gifts and souvenirs.
|John F. Kennedy International Airport New York, NY 11830
|Austrian Airlines operates at Terminal 1
|Airline IATA Code
|Ticket counter hours for Austrian Airlines
|24*7 a week
|Located at Aisle G. Check-in deadline is 75 minutes before departure
JFK Airport Map
You can check the JFK Airport website for maps and other helpful information regarding terminals, parking, transportation, and more.
JFK Airport Parking
JFK Airport offers several parking options for travelers, including on-airport parking and off-airport parking.
On-airport parking includes the following options:
- Long-term parking – Located at Lefferts Blvd, this parking lot offers both covered and uncovered parking options for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time.
- Daily parking – Located in several areas of the airport, including the Green garage, red garage, Blue garage, and Orange garage, this parking option offers convenient access to the terminals and is ideal for travelers who need to park for a short period of time.
- Short-term parking – Located in several areas of the airport, including the Green garage, red garage, Blue garage, and Orange garage, this parking option is ideal for travelers who need to park for just a few hours.
Off-airport parking options include several private parking lots and garages located near the airport. These off-airport parking options offer shuttle service to and from the airport terminals and can often be a more affordable option than on-airport parking.
To ensure that you have a parking spot when you arrive at JFK Airport, it is recommended that you make a reservation in advance for both on-airport and off-airport parking options. You can find more information about parking at JFK Airport on the airport’s official website.
How to get a Boarding Pass at Austrian Airlines JFK Terminal?
To get a boarding pass with Austrian Airlines at JFK Terminal, you can follow these steps:
- You can check-in for your Austrian Airlines flight online, on the Austrian Airlines mobile app, or at the check-in counter at JFK Terminal.
- If you have checked-in online or on the mobile app, you can go directly to the baggage drop-off counter, which is located near the check-in counters.
- If you need to check-in at the airport, go to the Austrian Airlines check-in counter, which is located at Terminal 1, Level 3.
- Present your passport and flight confirmation to the check-in agent, who will print your boarding pass and check your baggage.
- If you have already checked in online or on the mobile app, you can use the self-service kiosks at the airport to print your boarding pass and baggage tags.
- Once you have your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint and then to your gate.
It’s recommended to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time for check-in and security procedures.
Car Rentals at JFK Airport
JFK Airport has several car rental companies located on-site at the airport, including:
All of these car rental companies have counters located in the arrivals area of each terminal, and their rental cars are parked in designated areas in the airport’s parking lots. Some car rental companies also offer shuttle service to and from the airport terminals.
To rent a car at JFK Airport, you can either make a reservation in advance or visit the car rental counter upon arrival at the airport. To ensure that you get the best rates and availability, it is recommended that you make a reservation in advance.
When renting a car, be sure to bring a valid driver’s license, a credit card in the driver’s name, and any additional documentation or information required by the rental company. You can find more information about car rentals at JFK Airport on the airport’s official website.
Hotels Near JFK Airport
There are several hotels near John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) that cater to travelers. Here are a few options:
- Hilton JFK Airport – This hotel is located just half a mile from JFK and offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It features a fitness center, an on-site restaurant, and modern rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Crowne Plaza JFK Airport – This hotel is also located just half a mile from JFK and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It offers a fitness center, on-site restaurant and bar, and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
- Radisson JFK Airport – This hotel is located two miles from JFK and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It offers a fitness center, an on-site restaurant, and comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Holiday Inn Express JFK Airport – This hotel is located just a mile from JFK and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It features a fitness center, free breakfast, and cozy rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
- Hampton Inn JFK Airport – This hotel is located three miles from JFK and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It offers a fitness center, free breakfast, and modern rooms with free Wi-Fi.
These are just a few options, and there are many more hotels near JFK to choose from depending on your budget and preferences.
Austrian Airlines Arrivals at JFK Airport
Typically, Terminal 1 is where Austrian Airlines planes land at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York City. After arrival, travelers must complete the proper paperwork at immigration and customs before leaving the terminal. Terminal may alter in some circumstances. To check your flight’s arrival status, click here..
Passengers can go to the baggage claim area to get their checked luggage, if any, after clearing immigration and customs. After that, customers can leave the terminal and travel to their destination via public transportation, taxi, or ride-sharing.
Austrian Airlines Departures at JFK Airport
Typically, Terminal 1 is where Austrian Airlines flights from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) depart. The Austrian Airlines check-in desks in Terminal 4’s Departures area are where travelers can check in for their departure.
Passengers can head to their departure gate, which is also in Terminal 4, after checking in and completing security. To enable time for check-in, security, and any other necessary processes, it’s crucial to get to the airport well before your scheduled departure time. To check your flight’s departure status, click here
JFK Airport Terminal Map
Services Offered By Austrian Airlines at JFK Airport
However, here are some of the services that Austrian Airlines typically offers to passengers at the JFK terminal –
Check-in – Austrian Airlines operates check-in counters at JFK airport to facilitate the check-in process for passengers. However, we can provide you with general information on the check-in process for Austrian Airlines.
- Self-service check-in kiosks – At the airport, you can use the self-service check-in kiosks to check in for your flight. The kiosks are usually located near the Austrian Airlines check-in counter or desk. To complete the check-in process with Austrian Airlines via self-service check-in kiosk, please follow these steps:
- Locate the self-service check-in kiosk at the airport. The kiosks are usually located in the check-in area of the terminal.
- Touch the screen to start the check-in process.
- Enter your booking reference or e-ticket number. You can find this information on your booking confirmation or e-ticket.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your seat and any other optional services that you may require, such as extra baggage or special meals.
- Once you have completed the check-in process, the kiosk will print your boarding pass. Make sure to check the boarding pass for the correct flight details and seat assignment.
- If you have any checked baggage, you can then proceed to the bag drop-off counter to check in your bags.
- If you have no checked baggage or have already checked them in, proceed directly to the security checkpoint with your boarding pass and any carry-on luggage.
- Have a safe and enjoyable flight with Austrian Airlines!
- Check-in counter or desk – If you prefer to check-in in person, you can visit the Austrian Airlines check-in counter or desk at JFK Terminal. Here, an Austrian Airlines representative will assist you with the check-in process and issue your boarding pass. To complete check-in with Austrian Airlines at the airport, please follow these general steps:
- Locate the Austrian Airlines check-in counters at the airport. These are usually situated in the departure hall or terminal.
- Make sure you have all the required travel documents with you, including your passport or ID card, travel itinerary, and any necessary visas.
- Join the appropriate queue for your class of travel or the type of check-in service you have purchased.
- Once you reach the front of the queue, present your travel documents and any baggage you need to check-in to the airline staff. They will weigh your baggage and check it in if necessary.
- If you have any special requests or requirements, such as wheelchair assistance, dietary needs, or seat preferences, inform the airline staff at this time.
- Receive your boarding pass from the airline staff. This pass will indicate your flight number, departure gate, and boarding time.
- Proceed to the security checkpoint with your boarding pass and travel documents to complete the airport security screening.
- After passing through security, proceed to your departure gate and board your flight at the designated time.
It is important to arrive at the airport with plenty of time to complete check-in, security screening, and other pre-flight procedures. Austrian Airlines recommends arriving at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time for European flights and 3 hours before for intercontinental flights.
Seat Upgradation – If you have booked a flight with Austrian Airlines and are interested in upgrading your seat at JFK Airport, you should inquire about availability and pricing at the check-in counter or the airline’s customer service desk. In addition –
- The availability of seat upgrades may depend on the type of ticket you purchased, your frequent flier status, and other factors.
- It’s also worth noting that Austrian Airlines may offer its passengers the opportunity to bid on seat upgrades through its bidding system.
- This system allows passengers to bid on available upgrades, and the highest bidder may be awarded the upgrade.
Baggage Counter – Austrian Airlines provides baggage services at Terminal 1, including baggage check-in, lost and found, and baggage storage.
- Once you are in Terminal 1, follow the signs to the Austrian Airlines check-in area.
- The baggage counter will be located there, and you can check your bags and obtain your boarding pass.
However, it’s always a good idea to check with Austrian Airlines or JFK Airport’s official website for the most up-to-date information on the baggage counter location and any potential changes.
JFK Airport Lounges -Austrian Airlines operates a lounge (Lufthansa senator lounge) at JFK Terminal 1 for its premium passengers, including Business Class passengers, Miles & More status holders, and Star Alliance Gold members.
- The Austrian Airlines lounge is located after security, near Gate 3. The lounge is open daily from 08:30 am until 8:30 pm.
- The lounge features comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi, a selection of snacks and beverages, and shower facilities.
- Guests can also enjoy a variety of hot and cold food options, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- In addition to these amenities, the Austrian Airlines lounge also provides guests with access to newspapers, magazines, and television programming.
- Passengers can also take advantage of the lounge’s business center, which includes computers, printers, and other office equipment.
Immigration – The immigration counter at Austrian Airlines JFK Terminal is staffed by officers from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency. The immigration process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the number of passengers and the complexity of each case.
Security Pre-Check – Before entering the security checkpoint at Austrian Airlines JFK Terminal, passengers are required to present a valid government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, and their boarding pass.
Ticket Cancellation – You can reach out to the airline’s customer service department to inquire about the cancellation and any available options. With Austrian airlines, passengers may cancel their flight booking up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. To cancel your flight ticket with Austrian Airlines at the airport, you should follow these steps:
- Locate the Austrian Airlines counter at the airport. You can ask for directions from the information desk or airport staff.
- Approach the counter and provide your flight details and personal identification, such as your passport or ID card.
- Inform the airline representative that you want to cancel your flight ticket.
- The representative will ask for the reason for the cancellation and may provide you with options, such as rescheduling your flight or getting a refund.
- If you choose to get a refund, the representative will guide you through the refund process and provide you with the necessary forms to fill out.
- Once the refund process is complete, the airline will cancel your ticket, and you will receive a confirmation email or message.
It is important to note that cancellation fees may apply, and the amount will depend on the type of ticket you purchased and the airline’s policy.
Austrian Airlines ORD Terminal provides a top notch travel experience for passengers traveling to and from Rinas. With its modern facilities, comfortable seating, and exceptional customer service, passengers are sure to enjoy a stress-free journey. The airline’s commitment to safety and on-time performance also ensures that passengers arrive at their destination on schedule.
Furthermore, the airline’s partnership with Star Alliance allows passengers to access a vast network of routes and benefits, making it a preferred choice for frequent flyers. Overall, Austrian Airlines ORD Terminal is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality travel experience.
Travel can be stressful and confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the process. ContactForSupport can offer support and guidance to passengers, helping them navigate the travel experience and address any concerns or questions that arise.
John F. Kennedy International Airport : Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Austrian Airlines uses Terminal 1 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).
The terminal for JFK International arrivals depends on the airline and origin of the flight. You can check your airline’s website or contact them directly to find out which terminal your flight will arrive at.
Austrian Airlines departs from Terminal 1 at JFK airport. Terminal 1 is located on the north side of the airport and serves several international airlines. It’s recommended to confirm your departure terminal with the airline or check your flight itinerary before arriving at the airport.
The parking rates at JFK airport vary depending on the lot and duration of parking. It’s best to check the official JFK airport website for the most up-to-date pricing information.
No, smoking is not allowed inside the terminal building of JFK airport, including the Austrian Airlines JFK Terminal. Smoking is only permitted in designated outdoor smoking areas located outside the terminal building.
JFK airport has several car rental companies, including Alamo Rent a Car, Avis Rent a Car, Budget Rent a Car, Dollar Rent a Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Hertz Rent a Car, National Rent a Car, and Sixt Rent a Car. These companies have their rental counters located at the Federal Circle Station, accessible by the AirTrain from all terminals.
There are several international currency exchange desks located in Terminals 1, 5 and 8. In addition, you can find ATM cash machines in Terminals 4, 5 and 7.
JFK airport has several main terminals, each serving different airlines and destinations. The terminal you will use depends on the airline and origin/destination of your flight. You can check your airline’s website or contact them directly to confirm which terminal you need to go to.
Yes, JFK airport has several on-site hotels located within the airport complex. These hotels are convenient for passengers who have long layovers or early morning flights.
JFK airport terminals are connected by the AirTrain, a free 24-hour rail system that runs between all terminals, parking lots, rental car facilities, hotel shuttle areas, and the Jamaica and Howard Beach subway stations. The AirTrain is accessible from all terminals and runs every 2-8 minutes, depending on the time of day.
To cancel Austrian Airlines flight tickets at JFK airport, you can contact Austrian Airlines customer service by phone or visit the Austrian Airlines ticket counter at the airport and provide your reservation details. It’s recommended to check the airline’s cancellation policy and any terms and conditions before cancelling your ticket.