One of the busiest hubs in the country is John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), where more than 70 airlines offer flights to locations both domestically and abroad.
JFK Airport is one of three major airports that serve the New York City metropolitan region. Alaska Airlines JFK Terminal is one of the busiest terminals that operates 40 daily flights operated by Alaska.
The airport has had a number of expansions and modifications, some of which are currently under process. It was first established in 1948 as New York International Airport and later changed its name following the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. JFK Airport has six terminals: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8.
General Information About Alaska Airlines JFK Terminal
Alaska Airlines operates out of Terminal 1 at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York city. This terminal is a modern and spacious facility that offers a range of amenities and services to make your travel experience as comfortable as possible.
Have a quick look to the general information about Alaska Airlines JFK Terminal given below –
|Airport Name||John F. Kennedy International Airport|
|Arrivals Terminal||Terminal 7|
|Departures Terminal||Terminal 7|
|Airport Address||Queens, NY 11430|
|Airport Time Zone||America/New_York|
JFK Airport Map
Alaska Airlines’ Guide to JFK Airport
The following services are available to travelers arriving at JFK airport at the time of travel:
- Airport Location – John F. Kennedy International Airport, Queens, New York, NY 11830
- Alaska airlines JFK departures terminal departures – John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY 11830
- Terminal for Alaska Airlines – Terminal Number 7
- Airport Code – JFK
- Hours of Operation – Daily from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- When you arrive at the airport to board Alaska Airlines – For international travel counter assistance, you must come two hours prior to the departure time if you are going with a checked bag. Arrive 1.5 hours prior to departure if you are traveling without bags or if you require Alaska Airlines counter assistance.
- Pre-check-In Service – Pre-check service is available between 8:00 am and 11:00 am and between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm.
Checking in with Alaska Airlines
Here are the timelines mentioned when you check in with Alaska Airlines at the airport.
- Closure for checking in at JFK Airport: A valid boarding card must be provided, and all checked bags must be delivered to Alaska Airlines before check-in and boarding.
- Check-in at the Airport Counter: If you are traveling with a paper ticket, customer service representatives from Alaska Airlines are always on hand at the JFK airport Alaska Airlines terminal to assist you with the check-in process.
- Self-check-in: There are Alaska Airlines check-in kiosks at terminal 7 of the John F. Kennedy international airport.
- Payment at the Airport: At JFK airport, Alaska Airlines does not take cash payments. Please ask the Alaska Airlines staff at the airport if there are any options for converting cash to debit or credit cards.
Baggage Drop Zone and Claim Counter
Alaska Airlines JFK Terminal has a dedicated baggage drop area and claim counter for Alaska passengers.
- Drop Area – If you have luggage to check in, leave it at the Terminal 7 baggage station. The counter opens three hours prior to departure but not before 05.30 am. The airline accepts checked bags 30 minutes before departure for flights within the United States. The John F. Kennedy international airport accepts debit and credit cards from the airline.
- Baggage Claim – Terminal 7’s carousel 5 has been assigned to Alaska Airlines. Eighty minutes after arrival, travelers can retrieve their luggage. Checked luggage will be accepted only during ticket counter hours and no earlier than 8 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Details on Boarding at Alaska Airlines JFK Terminal
Here is some important information that any passenger must know before boarding the Alaska flight
- Security – You must pass through airport security at least 85 minutes before the departure of the Alaska Airlines flight.
- Boarding – You have 30 minutes before departure to arrive at the gate. If the airline has your contact information, you will be notified when the flight is due to depart. The airline will not delay the plane’s departure to accommodate the late passengers.
- Pre-boarding – Passengers must get to the gate early if they wish to use Alaska Airlines’ pre-boarding service. Pre-boarding is offered to:
- Families with young children and infants
- Passengers requiring assistance with mobility or with a disability
- Priority boarding – Service provided at the Alaska Airlines JFK terminal
- Passengers flying in First and Business Class.
- Unaccompanied minors
- Frequent flier passengers
Please take note that if you come after your priority group has been called, you may use the priority lane to board at any time.
Alaska Airlines JFK International Airport Immigration Counter
If you are arriving on Alaska Airlines at JFK Airport Terminal 7, you can use an Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosk to speed up immigration. In addition
- This service is offered to holders of a US or Canadian passport.
- Passengers traveling with a B1/B2 tourist visa, or passengers traveling under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Instead of filling out a traditional customs form, you can use the APC kiosk. Here you can scan your passport, take a picture, and respond to a series of questions.
- Please produce your receipt and passport to a US Customs and Border Patrol agent to complete your entrance documents for the United States.
Learn everything you need to know about connections and stopovers offered by Alaska Airlines, including how to get to and from JFK.
If you require special assistance with your travel. For instance, completing the airport process, boarding Alaska Airlines, or boarding connecting flights. If this is the case, please contact the airline by phone or through the “Manage Booking” section 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
How to Reach the JFK Terminal for Alaska Airlines?
Train – There is a rail network in Manhattan provided by both the Long Island Rail Road and the JFK AirTrain. At John F. Kennedy, there are AirTrain stations in every terminal. The journey from JFK airport to Penn Station in Manhattan takes roughly 35 minutes.
Taxis – A taxi stand is located outside of each terminal’s arrivals area at JFK airport. The commute to downtown takes between 80 and 90 minutes, depending on traffic.
JFK International Airport Bus – Every ten minutes, a bus leaves and returns from the Main Terminal area. The bus passes through each terminal and arrives at the Express bus stop. The travel time is around 85 minutes.
Alaska Airlines Arrivals At JFK Airport
Alaska Airlines uses Terminal 7 for arrivals at John F. Kennedy International Airport. In some cases this terminal may change, you can check the terminal with your airline here.
Alaska Airlines Departures From JFK Airport
Alaska Airlines uses Terminal 7 for departures from John F. Kennedy International Airport. In some cases this terminal may change, you can check the terminal with your airline here.
Services Offered by Alaska Airlines at John F. Kennedy International Airport
The following services are provided at Alaska Airlines JFK Terminal in New York’s Terminal 7:
- ATM stall
- Free WiFi.
- Shipping services
- The business center of Alaska Airlines
- Kids’ Recreational area
- Infant feeding area Bathrooms for families
- Power outlets are located at the terminal and the gate.
- Security check-up
Car Rentals at Alaska Terminal JFK Airport
There are several car rental services available at JFK Alaska Terminal, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Thrifty. These rental services have parking areas located in the Federal Circle Station, which can be reached by taking the AirTrain.
Parking Areas at Alaska Terminal JFK Airport
Additionally, there are also parking areas available for personal vehicles at JFK Alaska terminal, such as Blue lot, Yellow lot, Orange lot, Red lot.
Best Hotels Near John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Hampton Inn NY-JFK – 2.6 km away
- Comfort Inn JFK Airport – 2.9 km away
- Hilton New York JFK Airport – 2.6 km away
- Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK – 2.8 km away
- Quality Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd – 2.7 km away
Since the airline provides seamless travel from point A to point B, those who appreciate Alaska are familiar with their level of customer service at the Alaska JFK International Airport Terminal. When it comes to customer satisfaction, there are a variety of factors that consistently place Alaska in the hot seat. There are few ticketing alternatives, but there aren’t many extra fees, and the onboard amenities are really good. Additionally, it looks that flying Alaska Airlines is often regarded as always being preferred.
ContactForSupport is here to help you clear all your doubts about the Alaska Airlines JFK International Airport. We help our customers with online phone directory services which may include about Airlines, Airports, Travel, Home Security, etc. You can call us anytime and we will get back to you within 24 hours of US time.
John F. Kennedy International Airport – Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Alaska Airlines uses Terminal 7 at John F Kennedy International airport. You can access all Alaska Airlines services from this terminal such as complimentary WiFi, free access to the lounge for premium class and frequent flyer members, priority boarding, and more.
To figure out the terminal for Alaska Airlines, check out the flight confirmation email. You can also access the same details through the Alaska Airlines Manage Booking section or by calling Alaska Airlines customer service.
John F. Kennedy International Airport’s Terminal 7 is home to Alaska Airlines. From this terminal, you may use all Alaska Airlines services, including free WiFi, priority boarding, free admission to the lounge for frequent flyers and premium class passengers, and more.
Look at the flight confirmation email to determine the Alaska Airlines terminal that commences the departure of your flight. The same information is also available by phoning Alaska Airlines customer care or visiting the Manage Booking section of the airline’s website.