Lufthansa Airlines is a German airline and one of the largest airlines in Europe, known for its excellent service, modern fleet, and innovative in-flight amenities. Lufthansa operates from several airports worldwide, including Berlin Brandenburg Airport Terminal (BER), a major airport in Germany.
The Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport Terminal (BER) offers passengers a comfortable and convenient travel experience. In this article, we will take a closer look at the features and amenities of the Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport Terminal (BER), exploring what makes it one of the most sought-after airports for travelers flying to and from.
Introduction to Lufthansa Airlines
Lufthansa Airlines is a leading German airline with a long and proud history of providing world-class service to its passengers. With a reputation for reliability, efficiency, and outstanding customer service, Lufthansa is one of the largest airlines in Europe and a member of the Star Alliance, a global network of airlines. Founded in 1953, Lufthansa has grown into a major player in the aviation industry, offering flights to over 200 destinations across the globe.
Introduction to Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Berlin Brandenburg Airport, also known as BER, is the main airport serving the German capital city of Berlin. It is located in Schönefeld, about 18 km southeast of the city center, and is one of the newest and most modern airports in Europe. The airport officially opened in October 2020, after several years of delays and setbacks. It replaced the former Berlin Tegel Airport, which closed on November 8, 2020. BER has the capacity to serve up to 40 million passengers per year and is expected to become an important hub for international travel in Europe.
General Information About Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport
If you’re planning to fly with Lufthansa Airlines into or out of Berlin Brandenburg Airport, it’s helpful to have some general information about what to expect from your travel experience. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-time flyer, this guide will help you navigate Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport with ease and confidence.
|Airport||Berlin Brandenburg Airport|
|Airport Address||Melli-Beese-Ring 1, 12529 Schönefeld, Germany|
|Departures Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Arrivals Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Contact Number||+61 3 9297 1600|
Berlin Brandenburg Airport Map
Navigating through an airport can be overwhelming, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the layout or if it’s your first time visiting. That’s why having a map of Berlin Brandenburg Airport can be a useful tool to help you plan and navigate your journey.
With this map, you’ll be able to easily locate your departure gate or arrival gate, find the nearest restroom, or locate the restaurant or store you want to visit.
Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport: An Ultimate Guide
Flying can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but with the right information and preparation, you can make your journey through Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport a smooth and hassle-free one.
Here we will provide you with an ultimate guide to flying with Lufthansa Airlines Berlin Brandenburg Airport.
If you prefer to check-in in-person at the airport, head to the Lufthansa Airlines check-in counter located in the terminal.
Check-in counters are open several hours before your scheduled departure time, and Lufthansa Airlines recommends arriving at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight.
Here are the general steps to complete the check-in process for Lufthansa Airlines at the airport:
- Locate the Lufthansa Airlines check-in counter in the terminal.
- Join the queue and wait for your turn to approach the check-in counter.
- Present your passport or travel documents and your ticket or booking confirmation to the check-in agent.
- The agent will verify your identity and booking information.
- Check any baggage you’re traveling with.
- Lufthansa Airlines may have specific baggage allowances and restrictions, so make sure to check these before arriving at the airport.
- The check-in agent will provide you with a boarding pass, which shows your flight details and seat assignment.
- If you have any special requests or needs, such as dietary restrictions or mobility assistance, make sure to inform the check-in agent.
- After completing the check-in process, you’ll need to pass through security and immigration checkpoints before reaching your departure gate.
It’s always a good idea to arrive at the airport early to allow enough time to complete the check-in process.
For Lufthansa Airlines flights departing from Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the following baggage allowances generally apply:
|Class of Service||Baggage Allowance||Weight Limit|
|Economy Class||1 piece of checked baggage and 1 piece of carry-on baggage||Checked bag must be within 23 kg (50 lbs) and carry-on bag weighing up to 8 kg (17 lbs)|
|Business Class||2 pieces of checked baggage 1 piece of carry-on baggage||Checked bag must be within 32 kg (70 lbs) and carry-on bag weighing up to 8 kg (17 lbs)|
Note that excess baggage fees may apply if you exceed the Lufthansa checked baggage allowances.
To book Lufthansa flight reservations at the airport, you can approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk, which is usually located in the departure terminal. Here are the general steps to book Lufthansa flights at the airport –
- Approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk.
- Inform the Lufthansa agent of your travel details, including your departure and arrival airports, dates of travel, and number of passengers.
- The agent will search for available flights based on your travel details and preferences.
- They may provide you with several flight options and fares to choose from.
- Select your flight and provide your personal and payment information to complete the booking.
- You’ll need to provide your name, contact details, and payment method, such as a credit card or cash.
- Once you’ve completed the booking process, the agent will provide you with a confirmation receipt or itinerary with your flight details and booking reference number.
Please note that the last-minute flight booking or booking flight at the airport may subject to availability and dynamic pricing.
To request Lufthansa ticket cancellation at the Berlin Brandenburg Airport, you can approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk, which is usually located in the departure terminal. Follow these steps –
- Approach the Lufthansa Airlines ticket counter or desk.
- Inform the Lufthansa agent that you would like to cancel your ticket.
- You’ll need to provide your booking reference number and personal identification, such as your passport or ID card.
- The agent will check the eligibility for cancellation and any associated fees or refunds.
- If you are eligible for a refund or partial refund, the agent will process the refund and provide you with the confirmation receipt.
- The refund may take several days to process depending on the payment method and banking institution.
- If you have any additional questions or concerns about the cancellation, you can ask the agent for assistance or clarification.
Lost & Found Services
Berlin Brandenburg Airport provides Lost & Found services to assist passengers in locating their lost items. Here’s how you can use this service:
- If you have lost an item at the airport, immediately report it to the nearest airport staff member or go to the airport Lost & Found office, which is usually located in the terminal building.
- You can also report the lost items by filling out the form here.
- Provide a detailed description of the lost item.
- The Lost & Found staff will register the lost item in their database and try to locate it by conducting a search in the lost property inventory.
- If the lost item is found, the staff will contact you to arrange for collection or shipping.
Lufthansa Airlines Arrivals At Berlin Brandenburg Airport
If you’re arriving on a Lufthansa flight, You can follow this link for all the scheduled arrivals for Berlin Brandenburg Airport. Upon arrival, passengers will need to:
- Once you land at Berlin Brandenburg Airport, follow the signs to the Arrivals area.
- If you’re an international passenger, you’ll need to go through Immigration and Customs.
- Follow the signs to the Immigration and Customs area and have your passport and any necessary documents ready.
- After clearing Immigration and Customs, you’ll enter the public Arrivals area.
- Look for the baggage carousels to collect your checked luggage.
If you need assistance or have any questions, there are airport staff members and information desks available throughout the terminal.
Lufthansa Airlines Departures From Berlin Brandenburg Airport
If you’re departing from Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER) on a Lufthansa flight, You can follow this link for all the scheduled departures for Berlin Brandenburg Airport. Upon arrival, passengers will need to:
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Arriving before will allow you for check-in, security screening, and other procedures.
- Follow the signs to the Lufthansa check-in counters located in the Departures area.
- At check-in, present your travel documents and any baggage you need to check.
- After checking in, proceed to the security screening area.
- Once you’ve cleared security, proceed to the gate assigned for your flight.
Boarding usually begins around 45 minutes before departure time.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport Parking
Here is a table summarizing the parking options at Berlin Brandenburg Airport:
|Short Term Parking||From 1.5 $ per day|
|Long Term Parking||From 12 $ per day|
|Valet Car Park||From 79 $ per day|
It’s always a good idea to check the official Berlin Brandenburg Airport website for the most up-to-date information on parking options and rates.
Car Rental Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Below is the overview of the car rental vendors available at Berlin Brandenburg Airport:
|Car Rental Company||Contact Information|
|Budget||+61 1300 362 848|
|Europcar||+61 3 9241 6800|
|Hertz||+61 3 8312 9590|
|Enterprise||+61 3 9330 2314|
|Alamo||+61 3 9330 2314|
It’s always a good idea to check the official Berlin Brandenburg Airport website or contact the car rental company directly for the most up-to-date information.
Hotels Near Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Here’s a table summarizing hotels near Berlin Brandenburg Airport –
|IntercityHotel Berlin Brandenburg Airport||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, outdoor pool||8.9/10 (Booking.com)|
|IntercityHotel Berlin Airport BER||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, outdoor pool||8.5/10 (Booking.com)|
|Steigenberger Airport Hotel Berlin||Restaurant, bar, shuttle service||7.2/10 (Booking.com)|
|Holiday Inn Berlin Airport||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, outdoor pool||8.1/10 (Booking.com)|
|Campanile Berlin Brandenburg Airport||Restaurant, bar, fitness center, indoor pool||8.2/10 (Booking.com)|
Amenities and facilities at Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Below is the overview of all the amenities and facilities available at Berlin Brandenburg Airport:
|Currency exchange||Main Terminal|
|Medical services||Terminal 1|
|Prayer room||Terminal 1|
|Smoking area||External Area|
|Mobile Phone Charging Stations||Arriving Hall|
Please note that this table is for informational purposes only and the availability of certain amenities and facilities may be subject to change.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport Lounges
Here are all the lounges available at Berlin Brandenburg Airport:
|Economy Lounge||Terminal T1|
|Business Lounge||Terminal T1|
|VIP Lounge||Terminal T1|
How ContactForSupport Can Help?
ContactForSupport is a platform that helps users connect with customer support representatives and is an online directory for various products and services. While we do not specifically provide assistance for Berlin Brandenburg Airport or Lufthansa Airlines, we can still offer assistance in the following ways:
- If you have any general questions or concerns regarding travel or flights.
- If you are having trouble reaching the customer service team for Berlin Brandenburg Airport or Lufthansa Airlines.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Lufthansa Airlines uses Terminal 1 at Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER).
The arrival terminal for Lufthansa Airlines at Berlin Brandenburg Airport is Terminal 1.
The departure terminal for Lufthansa Airlines at Berlin Brandenburg Airport is Terminal 1.
Passengers flying with Lufthansa Airlines from Berlin Brandenburg Airport must proceed to Terminal 1 and check-in at the dedicated Lufthansa Airlines counter.
The baggage allowance for Lufthansa Airlines flights from Berlin Brandenburg Airport varies depending on the fare class and route, and should be checked with the airline.
Yes, Lufthansa Airlines offers lounge access at Berlin Brandenburg Airport.
Lufthansa Airlines accepts cash and credit/debit cards as forms of payment at Berlin Brandenburg Airport.
The cost of parking at Berlin Brandenburg Airport varies depending on the parking lot and duration of stay.
There are several car rental agencies located at Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER), including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt.