Travel wisely. Use our handy guide to the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines services you can expect at the John F Kenedy international, and start your trip hassle-free.
JFK Airport Guide for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Passengers arriving at the John F Kennedy international airport have access to the following service at the time of travel –
- Airport location – John F. Kennedy International Airport New York, NY 11430
- Terminal for KLM – Terminal 4
- Ticket counter hours for KLM – Terminal 4, Zone C. Daily 4.30 am – 10.30 pm
- When to arrive at the airport to board KLM Royal Dutch Airlines – If traveling with a checked bag, international travel counter assistance, you must arrive 2 hours before the scheduled departure. For travel without bags or needing KLM counter assistance, arrive 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure.
- KLM Pre-check – Pre-check service is open between 04.30 am – 11.00 am and 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm.
Baggage Drop Area and Claim Counter
- Drop Area – If you have baggage to check-in drop it at the KLM baggage counter located at Terminal 4. The counter opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure but not before 05.30 am. The Airline accepts checked baggage 30 minutes before departure. The Airline accepts debit/credit cards at the John F Kennedy international airport.
- Claim Baggage– KLM has been allotted carousel 5 at terminal 7. Passengers can claim baggage 40 minutes after arrival. Checked baggage will be accepted during ticket counter hours only – and no more than 4 hours before the scheduled departure.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Check-In
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines check-in cut-off – A valid boarding pass must be issued and all baggage would be received by the KLM prior to the check-in and boarding cut-off times at JFK airport.
- Ticket counter check-in – Customer care representatives of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines at JFK airport terminal are always available to help you get started with the check-in if you are traveling with a paper ticket. Or, in case you need a little additional assistance on the day of departure.
- Kiosk check-in – Check-in yourself using the KLM check-in kiosk located at the John F Kennedy international airport terminal.
- Payment at the airport – The KLM does not accept cash payment at the JFK airport. Please check with the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines staff at the airport to find out if options are available to convert cash to debit/credit cards.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines JFK Terminal Boarding Details
- Security – You must enter airport security at least 45 minutes before the KLM flight departs.
- Boarding – You must be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the flight departs. If KLM has your contact details, you will be contacted when it is about to close. The airline would not delay the aircraft’s departure to cater to the late passengers.
- Pre-boarding – If you want to take advantage of the pre-boarding for KLM, passengers need to arrive at the gate early. Pre-boarding is available to –
- Families with infants and small children
- Passengers flying with disability or mobility assistance
- Priority boarding – KLM priority boarding service is available to –
- Passengers traveling in First, and Business Class are offered by Airline.
- Unaccompanied minors
Please note – You can use the priority lane to board anytime if you arrive after your priority group has been called.
Immigration at KLM Royal Dutch Airlines JFK International Airport
You can utilize an Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosk to expedite immigration if you are flying into JFK airport Terminal [number] for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines. This facility is available to the US or Canadian passport holders, a passenger traveling with a B1/B2 tourist visa, or traveling under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program.
You can use the APC kiosk to scan your passport, snap a picture, and respond to a series of customs-related questions rather than filling out a paper customs form. To complete your entry documents for the USA, kindly present your receipt and passport to a US Customs and Border Patrol agent.
Find out everything you need to know about the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines connections/stopover, including travel to and from JFK international airport.
If you need additional help with travel. For instance, getting through the airport, boarding the KLM, or rewatching through travel connections. In this case, please let the Airline know 48 hours before the scheduled departure via the ‘Manage Booking’ section or by calling.
Getting to the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines JFK International Terminal –
- Train – Both the Long Island Rail Road and the JFK Air provide a rail network into Manhattan. All terminals at John F Kennedy are Train stations. It takes about 35 minutes from JFK airport to Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Taxis – Each JFK airport terminal’s arrivals section has a taxi stand outside. Depending on traffic, it takes between 40 and 90 minutes to reach the downtown area.
- Bus from JFK International Airport – Bus departs every 10 minutes to and from the Main Terminal area. Bus departs and arrives at the Express bus stop at each terminal. The journey time is around 75 minutes.
Services offered by the KLM at the John F Kennedy International Airport
Following services offered by the KLM at Terminal 4 of the Newyork’s JFK airport –
- ATM Kiosk
- Free WiFi access at the KLM Terminal area
- Cargo services
- KLM business lounge
- Kids area
- Infant’s nursing center
- Family restrooms
- Power points at the gate and the terminal area
- Security pre-check
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines JFK International Airport – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
KLM uses the Terminal 4 at John F Kennedy international airport. You can access all KLM Royal Dutch Airlines services from this terminal such as complimentary WiFi, free access to the lounge for premium class and frequent flyer members, priority boarding, and more.
To figure out the terminal for KLM, check out the flight confirmation email. You can also access the details of the same through the KLM Manage Booking section or by calling KLM customer service.