Instagram Threads is the latest app launched for users who love sharing text updates and indulge in real-time public discussions. The app being integrated with Instagram, automatically assigns a number to your bio. This indicates to your friends/followers that you are using Threads.
If you find the thread badge not impressive or hinders your IG profile aesthetics, you can remove it by understanding how to remove threads from Instagram bio.
How to remove the Threads badge from the Instagram bio?
To remove threads from your bio, Instagram provides a straightforward process. The newly launched app is connected to Instagram and directly links to your profile once you sign up. Hence, follow the given steps to remove it from your bio:
- Open your Instagram app from your mobile.
- Tap on your profile picture located at the bottom right corner to retrieve your profile details.
- Simply click on the Thread number/badge appearing below your profile photo.
- You will receive a pop-up message with two options:
- View threads profile
- Hide badge
- Tap on ‘Hide badge’.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on ‘Remove badge’ on the ‘Are you sure?’ pop-up message.
- This will remove the badge from your bio.
Can you get the Threads badge back again after removing it?
As the Threads badge is a temporary feature to get more people to join the platform, you cannot get the Threads badge/ number back once removed. The purpose of the badge is to make it easier for other people/ followers to access your profile by directly clicking on it and signing up on Threads.
Since Instagram does not allow users to add it back to their profiles, you can still add an external link to your Threads profile. This alternative will let your friends and followers know about your threads.
- Open the Instagram app and head to your profile.
- Click on ‘Edit profile’.
- Tap on ‘Links’ and click on the ‘Add external link’ option.
- Paste your Threads profile link in the URL section and type a title.
- Press done to confirm your selection.
- Your Thread app link is active in your profile.
You can directly contact Instagram through their contact details if you need further support.
More on Instagram Threads
Emerging as a competitor to X (formerly Twitter), Threads made a breakthrough on launch with more than 30 million sign-ups in the initial 24 hours. It is a blend of building connections and positive conversations. Although you can remove the Threads app link quickly with the steps mentioned on how to remove Threads from Instagram bio, those who wish to get the badge back must stay in check with Instagram’s latest updates and features.
Who Are We?
With a vast database and thousands of company listings, ContactForSupport is one of the best resources to get 24/7 guidance and genuine company details. You can count on us whether you need assistance on how to remove threads from Instagram bio or other profile-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
To remove the threads link from your bio, click on ‘Edit profile’ and remove the link from your bio before saving the changes.
No, it holds no negative impact on your bio or profile.
The thread number/badge is removed automatically once you remove threads from your bio.