Launched in 2021, YouTube shorts became popular among users instantly because of diverse content in popular niches like tech, comedy, infotainment, dance, etc. Many users may want to know how to download YouTube shorts to watch later, as the platform does not offer an in-built feature yet.
While the users can opt for third-party apps to download the videos and share them with their friends and family, they must also understand some safety tips while downloading from external sources.
How to download a short from YouTube on phone?
Although there is no in-built feature to download YouTube shorts, there still lies a method for how to download short videos from YouTube without third-party apps.
- Open the YouTube application on your mobile.
- Open the desired short video and click the share button to copy the link.
- Now, paste the link on your browser like Google Chrome or Safari.
- Now, change the term “shorts” in the link address to the term “video”.
- The shorts will be played in video format.
- Click on the download icon.
- A pop-up with general video quality preferences and quality preferences under YouTube Premium will show up.
- Select the desired resolution and click on download to begin the process.
Therefore, you can find the video in your download section to watch it later.
How to download shorts from YouTube on PC?
Follow these easy steps given below to download shorts from YouTube on PC:
- Open the YouTube app in your browser and head to the shorts section.
- Open the desired shorts video.
- Change the term “shorts” in the link address to the term “video”.
- The shorts video will be showcased in a video format.
- Click on the download icon and choose the desired video quality preferences.
- The video will be available in the YouTube download section to watch later.
How to download YouTube shorts on Android?
Thanks to the flexibility of Android devices, users can try various third-party apps to download YouTube short videos. Here are the steps you can follow to understand how to download a short from YouTube:
- Install any trustworthy and high-rated app from the Google Play Store like 4K Video Downloader for Android app or shortsnoob.com.
- Head to the YouTube app and open the short video you wish to download.
- Tap on the share icon and select the ‘Copy link’ option.
- Open your downloader app.
- Click on the settings icon to select the preferable quality preferences and format of the video.
- Paste the link in the given space & download the video.
The download will automatically start and be completed in a few minutes.
How to download a YouTube short on iPhone?
To enjoy YouTube shorts offline on your iOS devices like iPhones and iPads, take a look at the following method on how to download YouTube shorts for free on iPhone:
- Open the YouTube app on your Apple device.
- Open the desired short video click on the ‘share button’ and click on copy the link.
- Open ‘ytshorts.savetube.me’ on a new webpage.
- Paste the link, select the quality preference of the video, and tap on the ‘Get video’ button.
- Click on ‘Download’ near the pop-up window.
- Tap on the download button again.
- The video will be automatically saved on your device.
Hence, your favorite YouTube short will be downloaded on your iPhone & you can enjoy watching it whenever you wish to.
How to download a YouTube short on PC?
Here are the steps you can follow to understand how to download a YouTube short on PC easily:
- Launch 4K Video Downloader+ on Windows or macOS.
- Open the short video and click the share button to copy the link.
- Press the paste link button in the downloader.
- Select a desired format, quality, and output folder.
- Click download and the video will be saved to the selected folder.
What are some tips for downloading YouTube Shorts safely?
Without an embedded feature for downloading shorts on YouTube, it is vital to protect your device and personal information. Take the following tips into account while downloading YouTube shorts:
- Use a reputable and trustworthy YouTube downloader website or app.
- Do not click on any suspicious pop-up ads or links while using third-party resources.
- Ensure using strong antivirus software and protect your device from malware/viruses.
- Check user reviews and app ratings to grasp insights into the reliability and authenticity.
- Do not download the videos protected by the creators and understand the copyright laws.
- Never enter personal information on the download page.
The quick and efficient ways shared above simplify how to download a short video from YouTube. While the mentioned ways are easy and free, some of them may breach community guidelines and copyright laws. Hence, respect the creators’ hard work and do not use these ways to violate YouTube creators’ rights and the platform’s rules.
Who Are We?
ContactForSupport is an online phone directory that prioritizes offering 24/7 assurance and verified company information. Whether you are stuck on how to download YouTube shorts or YouTube’s latest features or need to connect with the YouTube support center, we are available with up-to-date information and solutions.
Must go through: Youtube TV
Frequently Asked Questions
You can save a YouTube short video in your gallery by downloading it through third-party apps like “YouTube Short Downloader”.
Use apps/ websites like ‘Savetube’ to download the videos on your mobile phone.
You need third-party apps to download shorts from YouTube as it does not have an in-built feature.
Users must use third-party apps and websites as YouTube has yet to offer an in-built feature.
Online platforms like shortsnoob, savetube, etc. allow users to download shorts without a watermark.