The Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport in Beef Island, also known by its airport code EIS, is always in progress, much like its home city. The pandemic’s aftereffects are still being felt in the hub, but most of the operations and services that were shut during the outbreak have resumed now.
Let’s understand what facilities are open, what are new inclusions and how you make the most of EIS airport –
Quick EIS Airport Info
- Airport – Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport
- Terminals – 1
- Airport address – Beef Island, Beef Island, Virgin Islands (British)
- Distance from Downtown Beef Island – Approximately 7 miles
- Phone number +1 284-394-8000
Airlines operating from Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport
- Terminal 1 – Air Sunshine, Cape Air, Fly BVI, Island Birds, LIAT, Silver Airways, Sky High Aviation Services, Trans Anguilla Airways, VI Airlink, and Winair
EIS Airport Terminals
The rectangular Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport is connected with I-678 and EIS Expressway and is merging on all ends to the 1 terminal through a spaghetti junction.
Security and Customs at EIS
Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport has separate security checkpoints for each of its five terminals. Passengers are advised to check-in 2 hours before a domestic flight and 3 hours before an international departure.
Refer to the airport website for the boarding cut-off and security times.
- TSA Pre Check – Each terminal at EIS has a dedicated TSA PreCheck facility. Passengers need to enrol online and need to pay an 85 USD service fee. The pRe Check counter is located at Terminal 4.
- Global Entry kiosks – Passengers who have been accepted for Global Entry can use the kiosks at EIS for quicker clearance. Candidates must submit an online application and schedule an interview at the departure/arrival airport. EIS conducts Enrollment on Arrival at Terminals. The airport has a Global Entry Enrollment Centre at the baggage claim area of Terminal arrivals.
- Mobile Passport – For quicker passage by US Customs and Border, EIS has designated Mobile Passport Control lanes. A passport and the required information must be submitted by eligible participants upon arrival at EIS. In return, they will receive an instant receipt that may be shown to a Customs and border protection agent.
EIS Airport Lounge
There are in total 24 airport lounges in the Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport that are airline and non-airlines operated. We have listed below the 5 independent business lounges that offer access to the non-frequent flyers members and passengers travelling with any airline.
How to access EIS Airport Transportation?
Passengers arriving at or departing from EIS airport have access to a variety of transit choices, the majority of which are located outside of each terminal.
- Train – The Long Island Rail Road and the Beef Island City Subway are connected to EIS Airport by the AirTrain EIS. The most affordable way to go from EIS to Manhattan or anywhere else in Beef Island City is using this. All terminals are served by the AirTrain, which runs continuously. Although the AirTrain’s travel times vary from city to city, it is ideal to allow 90 minutes to go from EIS to midtown.
- Bus from EIS – Another excellent and cost-effective option is to take the fast bus from EIS airport into the city. The bus picks up passengers in Terminals 1, 4, and 8, and then puts them off to Times Square and Grand Central Station. This is a fantastic choice, but be aware that traffic in Beef Island City can be unexpected. The trip could take longer than two hours if you enter the city during rush hour.
- EIS airport car service – Car service to and from EIS to different parts of the city and other airports is offered both privately and in groups. Reservations can be made at the Main Lobby of each terminal when arriving at the airport. Before making other travel arrangements, be careful to inquire about car services from your airport hotel or parking lot.
- EIS airport taxi – A flat fare of $52 is charged by taxis from the airport to Downtown, and they are available outside of each terminal. On weekends, there is a surge fee of 4.50 USD for trips between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Best Places to Eat, Shop and Unwind at EIS
EIS airport features about 140 restaurants, pubs, and cafés between the terminals and pre-or post-security. Let’s delve into every terminal to understand what is the best option for you – ( terminals 1 )
Additional services at Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport
Passengers get access to the following additional services at the Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport.
- Travellers Aid – Travellers Aid desks can be found in all terminals of EIS. These can be found on the arrivals level at the Main Lobby.
- Children’s gaming zone – There’s a special children’s play area in Terminal 1 with a gladiator playground near gate 20.
- Baby facilities – Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport has 6 nursing rooms.
- Pet relief centre – There’s a pet relief centre at each of the terminals.
- Duty-free – The duty-free stores can be found at Termina.
- Smoking areas – The EIS airport does not host any indoor smoking zone. There are authorised smoking spots outside of the terminals.
- ATMs – Standalone ATMs are situated in Terminals. Other terminals have foreign currency ATMs. Currency exchange services are available at all terminals.
- Baggage counter – On the departure level of the Terminal, luggage wrapping services are available. In the arrivals area of Terminal, Meegan Services offers cloak room services.
- EIS Airport WiFi access – At Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport, Wi-Fi is available for free in all common spaces. Choose “Free unlimited wifi” and the network “_Free EIS WiFi” to connect. Call +1 284-394-8000 to reach customer service around the clock.
- Lost and Found Counter at EIS Airport – Depending on where you lost your baggage, the EIS airport has a lost and found a desk at the Terminal. You must get in touch with the respective airline’s baggage service if your checked luggage was left in the terminal, at the curb, or aboard an aircraft.
Contact TSA Lost and Found at +1 284-394-8000 if you left something behind at a security checkpoint. The Port Authority Police can be reached at the Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport in Building 269. Call +1 284-394-8000 for assistance with any misplaced things outside of the terminal areas.
EIS Airport Parking
The Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport has 6 parking areas. 5 of them are located outside the terminals and are best suited for a shorter duration. The AirTrain connects the terminals to Long Term Parking Lot 9. Visitors can check the parking availability at the airport website. These 6 parking areas include –
- Short duration parking – The Blue, Green, Red, Orange, and Yellow parking areas are where you can park near the terminal.
Parking lots Green, Orange, and Red cost 4 USD for the first half hour, or 8 USD for the first hour. And, then 4 USD for each consecutive 30 minutes or up to a maximum of 35 USD for every 24 hours.
Blue and Yellow parking charges 5 for the first 30 minutes, or 10 USD for the next 30 minutes with 5 USD for every additional 30 minutes. It costs a maximum of 39 USD every 24 hours.
- Long term parking lot 9 – The main terminal building offers long-term parking. The fee for the first 24 hours is 18 USD, and 6 USD for each subsequent 8 hours.
Car Rentals at Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport
Visit one of the car rental desks at the arrivals level to rent a car at EIS, or call one of them at the given numbers below. Federal Circle Station outside the Main Terminal building is where you’ll find rental cars.
- Alamo – +1-888-233-8749
- Thrifty – +1-800-331-3550
- Avis – +1-800-230-4898
- National – +1-888-826-6890
- Budget – +1-800-527-0700
- Payless – +1-800-729-5377
- Hertz – +1-800-654-3131
- Sixt – +1-888-749-8227
- Dollar – +1-800-800-4000
- Enterprise – +1-800-736-8222
EIS Airport Hotels
With 1 on-site property and additional hotels ranging at 1.4 miles from the terminals, EIS offers a variety of 2- to 4-star lodging options. To assist you in making your decision, we’ve provided each hotel’s address, its star rating, and its proximity to the airport.
Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport is the prominent international airport serving the Beef Island city area. It is conveniently close to hotels and various attractions. EIS is home to 6 active airline terminals that are encircled by a double ring of auxiliary taxiways. The terminals are served by more than 125 airline gates. The airport is connected to Beef Island City and beyond by the fast, light-rail AirTran service.
Due to the accessible AirTrain that connects Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport to each terminal. Also, the rail network is also connected to the subway system and facilitates easy access to and from the airport.
Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
If an aircraft is delayed or there is a lengthy layover, people frequently do sleep in EIS. You have a choice of sleeping on seats, on the ground, or in one of the five sleeping pods in Terminal. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are free to use.
The Beef Island airport offers free WiFi at all terminals and public areas. To connect, you need to select the network ‘Free EIS WiFi’. Also, there is a 24*7 customer support is available by calling customer service.
There are over 120 airlines, domestic and international, that fly and operate out of Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport. Some of the major carriers include Air France, Air India, Delta Airlines, British Airways, Air China, Lufthansa, Emirates, and Etihad airways.
You can view the full list of airlines that operate out of each terminal of the EIS airport, in the article above.
A flat fare of $52 is charged by taxis from the airport to Downtown, and they are available outside of each terminal. On weekends, there is a surge fee of 4.50 USD for trips between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
For passengers who qualify, certain airline lounges offer showers. You can also pay a fee to use the showers at Wingtips and Centurion lounges.