The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Anchorage, also known by its airport code ANC, is always in progress, much like its home city. The pandemic’s aftereffects are still being felt in the hub, but most of the operations and services that were shut during the outbreak have resumed now.
Let’s understand what facilities are open, what are new inclusions and how you make the most of ANC airport –
Quick ANC Airport Info
- Airport – Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Terminals – two [Terminal North & South]
- Airport address – Anchorage, Alaska, United States,
- Distance from Downtown Anchorage – Approximately 5.4 miles
- Website – https://ancairport.com/
- Phone number +1 907-266-2526
- Passengers served on a daily basis – Approximately 5.7 million
Airlines operating from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Terminal South – Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Condor, Delta Air Lines, Eurowings Discover, Grant Aviation, Ravn Alaska, Reeve Air Alaska, Ryan Air, Sun Country Airlines, and Yakutia Airlines conduct their operation from Terminal South.
- Terminal North – Air Bridge Cargo, Air China Cargo, Alaska Central Express, Amazon Air, Asiana Cargo, Atlas Air, Cargolux, Cathay Pacific Cargo, China Airlines Cargo, China Cargo Airlines, DHL Aviation, Ethiopian Airlines Cargo, Etihad Cargo, EVA Air Cargo, Everts Air Cargo, FedEx Express, FedEx Feeder, Kalitta Air, Korean Air Cargo, Nippon Cargo Airlines, Northern Air Cargo, Polar Air Cargo, Qantas Freight, Singapore Airlines Cargo, Sky Lease Cargo and Suparna Airlines
ANC Airport Terminals
The rectangular Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is connected with N1-N8 and ANC Expressway and is merging on all ends to the two terminals through a spaghetti junction.
- Terminal South – The International Terminal with gates N1-N8.
- Terminal North – The Domestic Terminal, which counts three Concourses: Concourse A, Concourse B and Concourse C.
Security and Customs at ANC
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport has separate security checkpoints for each of its five terminals. Passengers are advised to check-in 2 hours before a domestic flight and 3 hours before an international departure.
Refer to the airport website for the boarding cut-off and security times.
TSA Pre Check – Each terminal at ANC has a dedicated TSA PreCheck facility. Passengers need to enrol online and need to pay an 85 USD service fee. The pRe Check counter is located at Terminal
Global Entry kiosks – Passengers who have been accepted for Global Entry can use the kiosks at ANC for quicker clearance. Candidates must submit an online application and schedule an interview at the departure/arrival airport.
Mobile Passport – For quicker passage by US Customs and Border, ANC has designated Mobile Passport Control lanes. A passport and the required information must be submitted by eligible participants upon arrival at ANC. In return, they will receive an instant receipt that may be shown to a Customs and border protection agent.
ANC Airport Lounge
There are in total 24 airport lounges in the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport that are airline and non-airlines operated. We have listed below the 5 independent business lounges that offer access to the non-frequent flyers members and passengers travelling with any airline.
How to access ANC Airport Transportation?
Passengers arriving at or departing from ANC airport have access to a variety of transit choices, the majority of which are located outside of each terminal.
- Bus from ANC – Another excellent and cost-effective option is to take the fast bus from ANC airport into the city. The bus picks up passengers in Terminals and then puts them off at Times Square and Grand Central Station. This is a fantastic choice, but be aware that traffic in Anchorage City can be unexpected. The trip could take longer than two hours if you enter the city during rush hour.
- ANC airport car service – Car service to and from ANC to different parts of the city and other airports is offered both privately and in groups. Reservations can be made at the Main Lobby of each terminal when arriving at the airport. Before making other travel arrangements, be careful to inquire about car services from your airport hotel or parking lot.
- ANC airport taxi – A flat fare of $52 is charged by taxis from the airport to Downtown, and they are available outside of each terminal. On weekdays, there is a surge fee of 4.50 USD for trips between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Best Places to Eat, Shop and Unwind at ANC
ANC airport features about 140 restaurants, pubs, and cafés between the terminals and pre-or post-security. Let’s delve into every terminal to understand what is the best option for you –
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Condor, Delta Air Lines, Eurowings Discover, Grant Aviation, Ravn Alaska, Reeve Air Alaska, Ryan Air, Sun Country Airlines, and Yakutia Airlines conduct their operation from Terminal South. With names like Swarovski and Chanel available, it’s not surprising that the duty-free shopping in this terminal is excellent.
If you can get in, the airline lounges provide business or first-class travellers a luxury area to unwind. In addition, there is a Prime class lounge available to Priority Pass holders that provides complimentary food and beverages as well as a calm setting away from the bustle.
The dining is mostly QSR here, and the options include –
- The Local
- Martini Bar
The terminal consists of a few fast-food restaurants, a Mcdonalds, and 24*7 convenience stores.
Additional services at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
Passengers get access to the following additional services at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
- Travellers Aid – Travellers Aid desks can be found in all terminals of ANC. These can be found on the arrivals level at the Main Lobby.
- Children’s gaming zone – There’s a special children’s play area in Terminal 5 with a gladiator playground near gate 20. There is another play area in Terminal 8 close to the Business lounge.
- Baby facilities – Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport has 6 nursing rooms.
- Pet relief centre – There’s a pet relief centre at each of the terminals.
- Duty-free – The duty-free stores can be found at Terminal North & South.
- Smoking areas – The ANC airport does not host any indoor smoking zone. There are authorised smoking spots outside of the terminals.
- ATMs – Standalone ATMs are situated in Terminals. Other terminals have foreign currency ATMs. Currency exchange services are available at all terminals.
- Baggage counter – On the departure level of the Terminal, luggage wrapping services are available. In the arrivals area of Terminal 8, Meegan Services offers cloak room services.
- ANC Airport WiFi access – At Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, Wi-Fi is available for free in all common spaces. Choose “Free unlimited wifi” and the network “_Free ANC WiFi” to connect. Call +1 907-266-2526 to reach customer service around the clock.
- Lost and Found Counter at ANC Airport – Depending on where you lost your baggage, the ANC airport has a lost and found desk at Terminal 4. You must get in touch with the respective airline’s baggage service if your checked luggage was left in the terminal, at the curb, or aboard an aircraft.
Contact TSA Lost and Found at +1 907-266-2526 if you left something behind at a security checkpoint. The Port Authority Police can be reached at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport in Building 269. Call +1 907-266-2526 for assistance with any misplaced things outside of the terminal areas.
ANC Airport Parking
The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport has 6 parking areas. 5 of them are located outside the terminals and are best suited for a shorter duration. The AirTrain connects the terminals to Long Term Parking Lot 9. Visitors can check the parking availability at the airport website. These 6 parking areas include –
- Short duration parking – The Blue, Green, Red, Orange, and Yellow parking areas are where you can park near the terminal.
- Long-term parking lot 9 – The main terminal building offers long-term parking. The fee for the first 24 hours is 18 USD, and 6 USD for each subsequent 8 hours.
Car Rentals at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
Visit one of the car rental desks at the arrivals level to rent a car at ANC, or call one of them at the given numbers below. Federal Circle Station outside the Main Terminal building is where you’ll find rental cars.
- Alamo – +1-888-233-8749
- Thrifty – +1-800-331-3550
- Avis – +1-800-230-4898
- National – +1-888-826-6890
- Budget – +1-800-527-0700
- Payless – +1-800-729-5377
- Hertz – +1-800-654-3131
- Sixt – +1-888-749-8227
- Dollar – +1-800-800-4000
- Enterprise – +1-800-736-8222
ANC Airport Hotels
With 1 on-site property and additional hotels ranging at 1.4 miles from the terminals, ANC offers a variety of 2- to 4-star lodging options. To assist you in making your decision, we’ve provided each hotel’s address, its star rating, and its proximity to the airport.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is the prominent international airport serving the Anchorage city area. It is conveniently close to hotels and various attractions. ANC is home to 6 active airline terminals that are encircled by a double ring of auxiliary taxiways. The terminals are served by more than 125 airline gates. The airport is connected to Anchorage City and beyond by the fast, light-rail AirTran service.
Due to the accessible AirTrain that connects Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport to each terminal. Also, the rail network is also connected to the NYC subway system and facilitates easy access to and from the airport.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport – Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
If an aircraft is delayed or there is a lengthy layover, people frequently do sleep in ANC. You have a choice of sleeping on seats, on the ground, or in one of the five sleeping pods in Terminal. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are free to use.
The Anchorage airport offers free WiFi at all terminals and public areas. To connect, you need to select the network ‘Free ANC WiFi’. Also, there is a 24*7 customer support is available by calling customer service.
There are over 120 airlines, domestic and international, that fly and operate out of Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Some of the major carriers include Air France, Air India, Delta Airlines, British Airways, Air China, Lufthansa, Emirates, and Etihad airways.
You can view the full list of airlines that operate out of each terminal of the ANC airport, in the article above.
ANC has an active AirTran station that connects to all 6 terminals. The train transports passengers to Howard Beach and Manhattan, where you can connect to the NYC subway for onward travel.
A flat fare of $52 is charged by taxis from the airport to Downtown, and they are available outside of each terminal. On weekdays, there is a surge fee of 4.50 USD for trips between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
For passengers who qualify, certain airline lounges offer showers. You can also pay a fee to use the showers at Wingtips and Centurion lounges.