Being one of the major gateways to this remarkable city, the Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal plays an important role in connecting travelers to their desired destinations. All of this comes with comfort, on-time punctuality, safety, and a touch of Australian hospitality.
In this article, we delve into the details of the services offered at the Virgin Australia Terminal Whitsunday Coast Airport. Thus helping passengers in exploring all key aspects, services, and amenities that cater to the needs of both domestic and international passengers. Whether you’re traveling within Australia or outside, this guide aims to provide valuable insights and useful information that helps passengers navigate this international Terminal with ease.
General Information about Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal
Here is the overview of all the necessary information any passenger would be needed while traveling to/from Virgin Australia Terminal Whitsunday Coast Airport-
|Airport||Whitsunday Coast Airport|
|Airport Address||Lascelles Ave, Gunyarra QLD 4800, Australia|
|Virgin Australia Arrivals Terminal||Main Terminal|
|Virgin Australia Departures Terminal||Main Terminal|
|Airport Contact Number||+61-7-4945-0480|
What Terminal is Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport?
Virgin Australia operates from the Main Terminal of Whitsunday Coast Airport (PPP). Main Terminal is used for Virgin Australia arriving & departing flights from PPP Airport. However, in some cases, this terminal may change. We must recommend you follow the below links for respective arrivals & departures terminals for Virgin Australia flights at PPP Airport-
- For Virgin Australia Arrivals at PPP – visit here
- For Virgin Australia Departures from PPP – visit here
Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal Map
Find the map for Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport above. The map given above highlights the location of the PPP Airport Main Terminal, which is where Virgin Australia typically operates from Whitsunday Coast Airport.
Virgin Australia Terminal Whitsunday Coast Airport: A Comprehensive Guide
Here are the following services that passengers can avail of at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal –
How to request check-in at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal?
Passengers who are flying internationally with Virgin Australia need to complete the check-in at the Virgin Australia departures Terminal in Whitsunday Coast Airport. They must arrive 3 hours ahead of the flight departure. Follow these steps to complete the check-in at the PPP Airport –
- Upon entering the Whitsunday Coast Airport look for the signs for the Virgin Australia check-in counter.
- Identify the appropriate queue based on your ticket class and ask the flight representative to complete the check-in.
- Provide the documents, including your identity and booking details to the Virgin Australia representative.
- You can also request seat selection, meals, and other services that you would like to add.
- After completing the check-in process, the staff will provide you with a boarding pass.
Proceed to the security area to board your flight.
Below is the overview of the check-in time for domestic and international travelers
|Types of passengers||Online Check-in|
|Domestic Passengers||Permitted. Up to 60 minutes before the scheduled departure|
|International Passengers||are Not Permitted|
How do cancel a flight at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport?
To cancel a flight with Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the check-in counter of the Main Terminal and explain to the flight representative clearly your intention to cancel the flight.
- Provide your booking details that will help the airline staff to retrieve the reservation.
- Clearly review the Virgin Australia cancelation policy with respect to the fare rules associated with your ticket.
- Take note of the cancellation fee and refund eligibility applicable to your booking.
- Pay the required fee and ask the flight representative to initiate the cancellation process.
- Ensure that you receive confirmation of the cancellation, including any refund details or future travel credits.
It’s essential to have a clear understanding of the outcome of the cancellation and any subsequent actions you may need to take.
How do claim delayed, damaged, or lost baggage at Virgin Australia Terminal at Whitsunday Coast Airport?
Below mentioned are the guidelines for submitting lost or damaged baggage at the Whitsunday Coast Airport Virgin Australia Terminal –
|Domestic Travel||Loss or destruction to part of an item of checked baggage||The claim should be made within 72 hours after the originally scheduled arrival.|
|Loss or destruction to the whole of the checked baggage||The Claim should be made within 21 days from the date you should have received the from the airline’s|
|Damage, loss or destruction of carry-on baggage||The claim should be made within 7 days from the date you have arrived at the Whitsunday Coast Airport|
|International Travel||Damage to or loss or destruction of checked baggage (or part thereof)||The Claim should be made within seven 7 days of when you should have received the checked baggage from us|
|Delay of checked baggage||The Claim should be made within 21 days of when you received the Checked Baggage from the airlines|
How to add extra baggage allowance at Virgin Australia Terminal Whitsunday Coast Airport?
To purchase additional baggage allowance for Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport, follow these steps:
- Make your way to Main Terminal at Whitsunday Coast Airport.
- Inform the staff at the check-in or baggage desk that you would like to purchase additional baggage allowance.
- They will guide you through the entire process based on the cabin class and the destination.
- You would be informed of the cost associated with the extra baggage allowance.
- Make the payment with cash, credit card, or debit card.
- You would be provided a baggage tag for your additional luggage allowance.
It is important to note that passengers who are traveling with checked luggage or need to purchase an additional luggage allowance at the airport, must arrive at least 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
How to book a flight reservation at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal?
There are different benefits of booking Virgin Australia flight at the Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal –
- Last-minute flight deals.
- Availability to the comfort or Business Class if you’re not traveling during a peak season.
- Customized travel experience based on your special needs.
If you’re doing a last-minute flight booking, the departure time must be at least 3 hours ahead.
To book a flight reservation with Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal, you can follow these steps.
- Visit the Virgin Australia check-in or ticketing counter.
- Approach the staff and inform them that you would like to book a flight.
- Provide the desired travel dates, destination, number of passengers, and any other relevant information.
- Based on your travel preference, the airline will check the availability.
- Once you have selected your desired flight, provide the staff with the passenger information. Provide the full names, ages, and contact details.
- Please note that the name you provide must match the passport or government-issued photo ID.
- Make a payment for the flight reservation at the counter.
After the payment is done, the airline’s staff will provide your PNR number and the booking confirmation will be sent to your registered email address.
How to request a flight change at Whitsunday Coast Airport Virgin Australia Terminal?
Passengers flying with Virgin Australia can request to reschedule the flight up to 3 hours ahead of departure. Follow these steps to request the changes to the flight booking at Virgin Australia departures Terminal Whitsunday Coast Airport-
- Locate the Virgin Australia check-in desk at the Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal.
- Ask the customer service representative if you would like to request a flight change.
- Provide them with your booking reference number and any relevant details about your existing reservation.
- State the reasons, if this is a change in plans due to personal or bereavement reasons.
- You would be offered the change fee waiver and relevant details about your flight.
- The representative will give the available flight options, along with fees and associated charges for requesting the Virgin Atlantic flight change.
- Before making a choice, consider all the factors such as departing schedule, number of layovers, flight duration, and fare implications.
- Once you select the flight, the customer service representative will proceed with the flight change process.
- Be prepared to pay the required fee.
- After the changes are done, the customer service agent will provide you with the new booking confirmation and the itinerary of the same will be emailed to you.
Additional Services/Amenities Offered At Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport
Virgin Australia offers several additional services and amenities that enhance passengers’ travel experiences. These services include –
- Lounge access – Eligible passengers can access the Virgin Australia Lounge at the Terminal. You can request complimentary or paid (depending on your elite tier status) access at the check-in desk.
- Priority check-in – The service is available for purchase at the check-in counter, allowing you to bypass regular queues and enjoy a faster boarding process.
- Special assistance – The assistance is available for passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility. You can request a wheelchair up to 3 hours before scheduled departure at the Virgin Australia departures Terminal at Whitsunday Coast Airport. The services include wheelchair assistance, priority boarding, Virgin Australia unaccompanied minor travel, escort services, and more.
- Premium access – Passengers holding eligible Velocity Frequent Flyer status can enjoy Premium check-in and boarding service. It includes a dedicated lane that offers exclusive access to check-in, security, and boarding.
- Pet travel – Passengers can request transportation of their pets in a cabin and as service animals at Whitsunday Coast Airport Virgin Australia Main Terminal. The passengers must adhere to the guidelines under Virgin Australia’s pet policy.
The other general services that are available at the Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal include –
|Toilets||Throughout the airport|
|Baby Change Rooms||Throughout the airport|
|Internet||Throughout T1. Self-service kiosks near Hungry Jack’s|
|ATMs||T1 on the Ground level and level 2|
|Assistance||Departure and arrival gates|
What are the parking options available at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal?
At the Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal, passengers have the following parking options available:
|0 – 30 minutes||Free|
|30 minutes – 2 hours||$6.50|
|2 – 8 hours||$13.00|
Note – The aforementioned fares may vary with future updates. Visit the website for more accurate information.
What are the restaurants available at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal?
You can browse the following eat-out options at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Main Terminal –
|Raika’s Restaurant||5-Star rating|
|Zambrero South Hedland||5-Star rating|
|Pilbara Room Restaurant||5-Star rating|
|Dome Cafe||5-Star rating|
What are the transportation options available at the Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal?
Following are the transportation options available at the Whitsunday Coast Airport Virgin Australia Terminal –
- Taxis – Taxis are available outside the Terminal exit.
- Ridesharing Services – Uber and Lyft services are available outside the Terminal building at Whitsunday Coast Airport.
- Public transportation – Metro services are available at the Terminal that connects passengers to the rest of Whitsunday Coast Airport.
What Car Rentals are available at Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal?
Some of the major car rental companies available at Whitsunday Coast Airport Virgin Australia terminal 1 –
|Car Rental Company||Operating Hours|
Please note that the price for car rentals may vary. For more accurate information, visit the airport’s website.
In conclusion, Virgin Australia Whitsunday Coast Airport Terminal offers a range of services, amenities, and parking options to enhance the travel experience for passengers. From convenient check-in procedures to additional baggage allowances and lounge access, Virgin Australia strives to provide seamless and comfortable travel for its passengers.
How ContactForSupport Can Help?
Travelers can access all the assistance and services they require through ContactForSupport. Instead of sitting on hold for a long time, passengers can just call our customer service representatives and expect a quick response. For instance, call us right away if you need assistance finding or reserving any services at the Virgin Australia Terminal at Whitsunday Coast Airport to experience a hassle-free journey.
Whitsunday Coast Airport Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Virgin Australia operates from Main Terminal at Whitsunday Coast Airport.
Virgin Australia arrivals at Whitsunday Coast Airport also take place at Main Terminal.
The departure terminal for Virgin Australia at Whitsunday Coast Airport is Main Terminal.
Arriving at the airport at least 1.5 to 2 hours before your domestic flight departure time is recommended.
Yes, Virgin Australia provides online check-in services for domestic and international flights.
Several car rental companies operate at Whitsunday Coast Airport’s Virgin Australia terminal. These include major providers such as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Thrifty.
Yes, there is a dedicated check-in counter for business class passengers at the Virgin Australia terminal in Whitsunday Coast Airport.
Yes, there is Wi-Fi access available at the Virgin Australia terminal in Whitsunday Coast Airport.
The cost of parking at Whitsunday Coast Airport varies depending on the duration and type of parking chosen.