O’Hare International Airport (IATA: ORD) is nestled in Chicago, United States, and houses non-stop flights to over 214 international and domestic destinations. The Airport is the hub for United Airlines, which operates out of Terminal 1 as well as Terminal 2 of ORD. United Terminal ORD provides many amenities like cargo facilities, kiosks, ticket counters, ground transportation, an apiary, a hotel, lounges, baggage, and check-in areas.
United Airlines at ORD – Basic Details
For a hassle-free flying experience at United Airlines ORD Terminal, refer to the basic details –
|O’Hare International Airport – ORD
|10000 W Balmoral Ave, Chicago, IL, 60666, US
|Airport Contact Number
|Phone Number of United Airlines at ORD Terminal
|United Airlines Arrival & Departure Terminal ORD
|Terminal 1 and 2 both
|United Airlines Ticket Counter Location in ORD
|United Airlines Ticket Counter Hours at ORD
|Daily 3:15 am to 10:00 pm
What Terminal is United at ORD?
Terminal 1 at O’Hare International Airport serves as a hub for domestic flights of United Airlines & also hosts a United Club. Additionally, Terminal 2 is also used as a United Terminal at ORD Airport.
- Terminal 1 – It houses all domestic and international flights of United Airlines and has 54 gates on two concourses, lettered B & C.
- Terminal 2 – This terminal hosts mainline flights of United Airlines. It has 41 gates on two concourses, lettered E & F.
United Airlines Arrival Terminal ORD
United Airlines flights arrive at Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of O’Hare International Airport.
United Airlines Departure Terminal ORD
All United Airlines flights depart from Terminal 1 of the ORD.
ORD Terminal Map United
The map above of United Airlines Terminals 1 & 2 at ORD Airport shows various locations including ticket counters, lost and found areas, concourses, parking areas, shopping and dining areas, runways, and other amenities.
How to book a flight at United Terminal at O’Hare International Airport?
Did not book your flight through a Mobile App or a website? If so, you can initiate the booking process of your United Airlines flight at the ticket counter located at Terminal 1 of the ORD Airport –
- Head toward the reservation desks.
- Inform the staff about the destination.
- Staff will help you with the available flight options.
- Select your flight and make the payment.
- Get your baggage tag from the counter.
How early should one arrive at United Airlines ORD Terminal for easy check-in?
There are specific time limits set by United Airlines for the flyers to check in at the ORD Airport. The Airlines have the right to deny service to the flyers if they do not adhere to the check-in time limits.
For easy check-in for all international and domestic United flights at O’Hare International Airport, flyers need to consider the below arrival timings-
- Check-in arrival times for domestic flights:
- Without checked bags – 30 minutes before scheduled departure
- With checked bags – 45 minutes before scheduled departure
- Check-in arrival time for International flights:
- At least 60 minutes before the departure.
NOTE: For the exact proposed arrival time at ORD Airport, flyers need to check with the United Airlines Office in Chicago, Illinois.
How to check in for United Airlines at ORD Terminal?
United Terminal at ORD makes check-in easy and convenient for flyers with hassle-free check-in options available at the airport-
- Head to the kiosk at Terminal 1.
- Follow easy instructions and print the boarding pass.
- Check your bags and attach the baggage tag.
Flyers can head to the full-service check-in counters at United Airlines Terminal 1 and get comprehensive support and help from the staff pertaining to their check-in. The staff will initiate the check-in process as per the details provided by the travelers.
Skip the line with the bag drop
- Check the bag via the app or online.
- In the shortcut area of the bag drop, drop your bag.
- Get the bag tagged by the agent.
United Airlines Baggage Allowance at ORD
Below is the key information that flyers need to know to get their carry bags and checked bags at United Airlines Terminal ORD Airport –
One carry-on bag and one personal item are permitted for free on most international and domestic flights of United Airlines. Here are set guidelines that flyers need to follow when traveling on United Airlines flights at ORD Airport –
- The carry bag must fit in the bin overhead. It must be (9x14x22) inches including wheels and handle.
- Personal items (purses, laptop bags, and more) must fit under the seat in front of the flyer. They must be (9x10x17) inches.
Travelers of Basic Economy can bring one personal item. They cannot bring a carry-on bag unless they flying to South America, across the Pacific or Atlantic. Primary card members or Star Alliance Gold Members can bring one free carry-on bag.
All those bags that do not comply with the baggage size limit set by the Airlines, need to get their bags gate-checked for free. These bags can be picked up when the flyers leave the plane.
Are pets allowed to travel through the ORD United Terminal?
Traveling with pets is always fun-filled. However, it is important for the flyers to follow some guidelines and rules to make their travel experience with their furry companion memorable.
Below are the guidelines to be followed by all travelers at United Terminal at ORD –
- Small cats and dogs are allowed if there is space available.
- Each traveler can carry a maximum of two pets by purchasing two seats on their flight.
- There is no weight limit for the pets but it is important they fit comfortably in their carrier.
- The Airline permits the flyers to carry one pet carrier on their flight.
- When traveling with their pet, you will have to pay a $125 fee each way.
What are the shop and dining options at United ORD Terminal?
United Terminal at ORD Airport offers a plethora of shopping and dining options that include:
|What it offers
|Terminal 1, 2
|Books and Magazines
|Terminal 1, 2
|Tobacco, Fashion accessories, cosmetics, fragrances and liquor
|Hudson News & Gifts
|Terminal 1, 2
|7:45 am to 7:00 pm
|6:00 am to 8:00 pm
|4:00 am to 10:00 pm
|Chicago Style Hot Dogs
|8:00 am to 8:00 pm
What are the transportation options at United Airlines ORD Terminal?
The Airport Transit System (ATS) runs between and connects Terminals 1 to 3 and Terminal 5. It also connects the flyers to the new Multi-Modal Facility for the car rental area, Metra, Pace buses, parking area F, and Kiss ‘n’ Fly.
The transfer bus at Terminal C helps domestic flyers get between all four terminals for connecting flights. This service is only for all those flyers who do not have to collect their luggage in between the connections.
What are the parking options at ORD Terminal for United travelers?
ORD Airport United Terminal offers multiple parking options. The below table gives information about the parking options available for flyers at the O’Hare International Airport –
|Parking Charges (per 24 Hours)
|Economy Parking (Lot F)
|Bessie Coleman Drive
|Economy Parking (Lot G and H)
|Bessie Coleman Drive (right next to Lot F)
|Main Garage Hourly
|Level 1- Next to Domestic Terminals
|Level 2- Main GarageLots B & C – Adjacent to Garage
|Main Garage next to Terminal 1, 2 and 3
|Level 4 of Main Garage
|$10.00 per space per day
What are the other amenities United Airlines O’Hare International Terminal offers?
ORD United Terminal offers multiple amenities that include –
- Spa Center – Chair, leg, foot, hand, fully body Swedish, and deep tissue massage.
- Family lounge- Dedicated space for kids to play with toys, airport-themed video games, and more.
- Hilton Health Club – Embrace fitness amenities like a steam room, sauna, lap pool, and more.
- Yoga Room – Relax, unwind, and meditate with yoga mats.
How can we help?
ContactForSupport is a go-to platform for flyers to get all the help, guidance, and support pertaining to the United Airlines ORD Airport. Travelers can get information about the terminal, and airline and embrace a convenient travel experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Terminal 1 houses all the domestic flights of United Airlines at O’Hare International Airport.
United Airlines flies to/from Terminals 1 and 2 at ORD Airport.
Delta operates from Terminal 5 of ORD Airport and United Airlines operates from Terminals 1 and 2 of the O’Hare International Airport.
Yes, the United Airlines Premier Access lane through Security is in Terminal 2 of the ORD Airport.
Yes, there is an ATM at each terminal of ORD Airport, including the United terminal.
No, there is no check-in at Terminal 2 for United Airlines. Check-in can be done at Terminal 1 of ORD Airport.
United Airlines flies out of either Terminal 1 or 2 from O’Hare International Airport.
United Airlines flies in at Terminals 1 and 2 of ORD Airport. All International arrivals of United Airlines come in at Terminal 5 of ORD.
United Airlines uses Terminal 1 for its departures from O’Hare International Airport.