Newark Liberty International Airport serves as a major hub for United Airlines. It facilitates a substantial network of daily flights to nearly 100 destinations across the United States. To operate its flights, terminals A, B, and C are utilized. Also, the check-in facility at United Terminal Newark is offered at Levels 2 and 3 of Terminals A and C. Specifically, Terminal C handles both domestic and international flights whereas Terminal B is primarily designated for international arrivals of United Airlines at Newark Terminal.
A Quick Overview of United Terminal Newark
Understanding the basic details of Newark Airport United Terminal is important to freely go through the travel procedures. Currently, three terminals of this airport are utilized by United Airlines, each performing different procedures to fulfill the travel requirements. Let’s have the basic details of these terminals concerning United Airlines:
|United Terminal Newark
|Terminal A, B, and C
|Terminal A and C
|Terminal A and C
|Daily, 03:30 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
|Baggage Claim Area
|Terminal A and C
|Level 2 & Level 3, Terminal A & C
|United Airlines Phone Number at Newark Airport
|United Lounge in Newark
|United Club (Near Gates C 130-138 at Terminal C and Gate A 28 at Terminal A)United Polaris (Terminal C)
|Parking Area for United Flyers
|Terminal A, B, and C
What Terminal is United at Newark Airport?
United Airlines primarily operates from Terminals B and C at Newark International Airport (EWR). It may also use Terminal A for some instances. All EWR United Terminals are present at the ground level. Terminal A comprises 33 gates and 4 levels:
- Departures level
- Mezzanine level, where offices are located.
- Arrivals level
- Ground Floor, where baggage claim is located
United Arrival Terminal Newark
United Airlines makes use of Terminal C and B for its arrivals at Newark Airport. Specifically, Terminal C is utilized for both domestic and international arrivals. Whereas, Terminal B is dedicated only to international arrivals at EWR Airport.
United Airlines Departures Terminal Newark
Terminals C and A both are used for United Airlines departures from EWR Airport. For departing flyers, the check-in counters for United Airlines are located at Levels 2 & 3 of Terminal C and Level 3 of Terminal A.
Please note that the United Airlines arrivals and departures terminal at EWR may change for some reason.
EWR United Terminal Map
Travelers visiting Newark Liberty International Airport for the first time must look at the terminal map to ensure a smooth process from check-in to take-off. There are three terminals (i.e. A, B & C) at the Newark Liberty International Airport, from where United Airlines typically operates.
How early to arrive at EWR Airport United Terminal?
One must arrive at the United Airlines Newark terminal at least 2-3 hours before the majority of flights. Arriving early is recommended to have extra time in hand to complete the check-in, luggage check-in, and security screening timely. The timings are subject to differ for domestic and international destinations.
What are the check-in times for United Airlines at EWR Terminal?
Travelers always adhere to the check-in times to avoid missing a flight. The check-in process might take some time at the United Terminal in Newark, depending on the number of flyers. Flyers can check in 24 hours before their flight through the airline’s website or mobile apps. The check-in counters close 45 minutes before the departure for domestic flyers and 60 minutes before the departure for international flights.
Check-in for United Airlines at Newark Airport
United Airlines flyers can check in via different methods at Newark Airport. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Online methods like the United Airlines website and mobile application can be used to check in.
- The United check-in counters at EWR Airport open between 03:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- United Self-check-in kiosks are located at Level 2, Terminal C.
- The international check-in for United flights takes place at Level 3, Terminal C.
- A curbside check-in facility is also provided at Level 2, Terminal C.
Baggage Allowance of United Airlines at EWR Terminal
The baggage allowance depends on United Airlines. It may differ based on the destination, type of itinerary- domestic or international, fare class type, and the additional services you opt for. As per the airline’s standard baggage guidelines, travelers can carry one personal item within the dimensions of 17 x 10 x 9 inches (43 x 25 x 22 cm). They are also allowed to carry one carry-on bag having a size of 22 x 14 x 9 inches (56 x 35 x 22 cm). Additionally, the maximum size for checked luggage is 30 in x 20 in x 12 inches and it should not weigh more than 23 kg (50 pounds).
Flyers can connect with the officials of the United Airlines office in Newark, NJ for baggage-related queries.
Are pets allowed at Newark Airport United Airlines Terminal?
Newark Airport United Airlines Terminals is a pet-friendly area offering pet relief areas for the convenience of flyers and their pets. However, travelers must take care of the pet protocols to avoid issues at United Terminal Newark Airport.
Pet relief areas are present at the following locations at the EWR airport:
- Terminal A: Near curbside, Outside security
- Terminal B: Near Gates B58, B40, and B67, Departure Level
- Terminal C: Near Gates C131, Mezzanine Level
Does the United Airlines Terminal at Newark provide parking services?
The United Airlines EWR Terminal offers parking services for flyers. Such options include short-term, economy parking, and daily parking facilities. Out of these options, short-term parking is available at United Terminals A, B, and C. Travelers can choose among the parking options that suit their duration of stay at the airport and other requirements. The short-term rates at Parking A start at $5.25 for half an hour and a maximum of $65 for 24 hours. Whereas, at Parking B and C the minimum charge for up to half an hour duration is $10.50 which goes up to $70 for one day.
PRO TIP: Flyers can make pre-bookings to enjoy discounted rates as low as $44 for 24-hour durations.
Shop and Dining options at the United Airlines EWR Terminal
United Terminal at EWR offers a wide range of shopping and dining options within the terminals including- A, B, and C. Flyers can find liquor shops, bars, restaurants, supplies stores, and food courts. Some of the famous shopping and dining options at United Terminal EWR Airport include:
- Artist PopShop is located in the central plaza of Terminal A offering gifts and fashion accessories.
- CIBO Express Gourmet (Baby Kosher) is available at Gates C120-139, Terminal C.
- All You Need, located at B1 Connector Terminal B offers travel essentials.
- BOLD Newark at the central plaza (Terminal A) for fashion and accessories.
- Carlito’s BBQ Taqueria is located near Gate 15, Terminal A.
- Belgian Beer Café is available at the B2 connector, Terminal B.
- Bluestone Lane for coffee and tea is located at South Pier near Gate 5 & 6 at Terminal A.
- Abruzzo Italian Steakhouse is located at Gates C70-99, Terminal C.
- Caps Beer Garden Oases is a food hall at gates C120-139, Terminal C.
How to travel between the United EWR Terminals?
As already said above, United Airlines operates via Terminals A, B, and C at EWR Airport. For its travelers’ convenience, the airport offers various transportation options to move between United Terminals EWR. The AirTrain, accessible at Terminals A, B, and C, is a complimentary and convenient means of inter-terminal transportation, with varying travel times to specific terminals due to security checks. Terminal A requires up to 20 minutes, Terminal B takes 11 minutes, and Terminal C is reachable in 7 minutes.
Additionally, United Airlines provides a complimentary shuttle bus service connecting Terminals A and C and a one-way shuttle between Terminal A (Gates B60 to B68) and Terminal B (Gates B60 to B68). The shuttle bus stations are strategically located at gates A28, B67, and C70, further enhancing accessibility for United Airlines flyers.
Services and Amenities at the United Terminal in Newark NJ
United Terminal at EWR has a wide array of facilities and amenities since it provides a lot of things to do on a boring layover at Newark Airport. The availability of services may vary from one terminal to another.
Here are some common services and amenities present at United Terminals at EWR.
- Charging Stations: To ensure flyers’ convenience, several charging stations are provided throughout Terminals A, B, and C. With this flyers can stay connected during their journey.
- Currency Exchange: For international flyers, currency exchange services are provided at Terminal B. There are two counters located at B3 Satellite and Near B Air Train at Terminal B.
- Interfaith Chapel: Flyers can visit the Interfaith Chapel between Gates C70-99 and C101 -115 at Terminal C to worship.
- Mamava Lactation Pod: For feeding mothers, Lacations Pods are built. 3 lactation pods are located at Terminals B1, B2, and B3. Three more Pods are located at C1, C2, and C3 concourse at Terminal C.
- Nursing Suites: At Terminal C, Gates C107 and C123, Nursing rooms are available to provide some privacy and medical relief for United travelers.
- Travelex ATM: To make transactions at EWR, United Flyers can utilize these ATMs located throughout Terminal C. One major location of these ATMs is around Gates C70-99.
All three terminals at Newark Liberty International Airport are utilized by United Airlines. The United Terminals in Newark ensures a convenient and comfortable travel experience by providing modern state-of-the-art amenities, transportation, and facilities. It helps to accommodate the requirements of all the flyers traveling to/from Newark through United Airlines.
How Can We Help?
ContactForSupport, an online phone directory, is a valuable resource for travelers. We offer assistance and guidance regarding airline offices, airports, and other issues that may arise while navigating through United Airlines Terminals at Newark Airport. Connect with us and get quick redressals with our 24/7 customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions
United flights fly from Terminal A, B, and C at EWR.
United primarily uses Terminals B and C for arrivals. Additionally, Terminal A is also used.
No, Terminal B at EWR is generally used for United international arrivals.
The airline uses Terminals A and C for departures at EWR.
Newark Airport United Airlines departure terminal for international destinations is Terminal C.
Yes, car rental desks are available at Station P3 at Terminal A on Floor 1.
The phone number for United Airlines Terminal at EWR is 800-241-6522.
Yes, a range of food outlets are located throughout the United terminal in Newark.