LaGuardia Airport is the third busiest airport in the New York Metropolitan area. It is served by a variety of airlines. JetBlue Airlines is one of the prominent among them. JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia, a low-cost airline, is located on the north side of the airport, and it is the largest terminal at LGA.
General Information about LaGuardia JetBlue Terminal
If you want a brief description of the LaGuardia Airport JetBlue Terminal, have a look at the table below which provides a synopsis about:
|Airport Address||Queens, NY 11371, United States|
|JetBlue Arrivals Terminal LaGuardia||Terminal B|
|JetBlue Departures Terminal LaGuardia||Terminal B|
|Terminal Gate Location||Level 2 & 3|
|Airport Contact Number||+1 718-533-3400|
What Terminal is Jetblue at Laguardia Airport?
JetBlue operates at Terminal B of LaGuardia Airport.
LaGuardia Airport JetBlue Terminal operates its arrival operations at gates B1-B59 and B61-B69. In case the arrival terminal may change, you can check the latest information here.
JetBlue flights depart from gates B1-B59 and B61-B69. If, under any circumstance, the departure terminal changes, you can check here.
The terminal is divided into four levels:
- Level 1: It leads you to access the check-in counters, security checkpoints, and baggage claim areas.
- Level 2: This level is home to the gates for most JetBlue flights.
- Level 3: This is used for some JetBlue flights and the JetBlue Club.
- Level 4: This level has JetBlue offices and the JetBlue Mosaic Lounge.
JetBlue LaGuardia Terminal Map
Find the directions of Jetblue Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport through the map given above and ease your journey through LaGuardia Airport.
At what time one need to arrive at the JetBlue LaGuardia Airport?
The recommended arrival time at JetBlue LaGuardia Airport is 2 hours prior to departure. However, it’s important to factor in the time of day and the day of the week when you’re planning your arrival time. If you’re flying on a busy travel day, such as a Friday or Sunday, or during busy travel times, such as the morning or evening, you must reach the airport early.
As at that time, you have to wait for your turn in a long queue, therefore reaching early assists you with conveniently accomplishing all the required procedures.
You can also check the status of your flight on the JetBlue website to see if there are any delays or cancellations.
How to check-in for JetBlue LaGuardia Airport?
Check-in can be done online, at the ticket counters, or by using the kiosks at the LaGuardia JetBlue Terminal. Here, the steps required to do check-in in every way are described:
You can check in online or through the JetBlue app up to 24 hours before your flight. This is the most convenient & the best way if you’re flying for the first time and to avoid trembling at the airport –
Here are the steps to check in through the website:
- Go to the JetBlue check-in page of Jetblue’s official website. You can also access the check-in page by clicking on the “Check In” tab at the top of the website.
- Enter your confirmation code and last name. Your confirmation code is a unique number that you find in your email confirmation or on your boarding pass. Your last name is also required to check-in.
- If you have multiple flights on your reservation, you’ll need to select the flight that you want to check in for.
- Make sure that the travel information on your reservation is correct. If you need to make any changes, you can do so at this point.
- If you’re checking in early, you may be able to select your seat. If not, you’ll be assigned a seat at the gate.
- Once you’ve reviewed your travel information and selected your seat, you can print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device. You can also save your boarding pass to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
Through the JetBlue Mobile App
Here is the procedure to check in through Mobile App:
- Download the JetBlue app & sign in it.
- Enter the confirmation code and last name.
- Select flight.
- Review travel info and make changes.
- Select a seat (if available).
- Print boarding pass or save to wallet.
At the ticket counter
If you need to check bags or have any special requests, you can check in at the ticket counter at the airport.
Given below is the process to check-in by being in person:
- Find the JetBlue ticket counter at the airport. The ticket counters are usually located in the main terminal of the airport.
- Bring your confirmation code and government-issued ID. You are also required to bring your passport or other government-issued ID if you’re traveling internationally.
- Wait in line and approach the ticket counter when it’s your turn.
- Tell the agent your name and confirmation code. The agent will check your reservation and ask for your government-issued ID.
- If you also want the baggage checked, the agent will do it and provide you with a tag.
- After that, you will be issued a boarding pass.
- If you have any questions, ask the agent.
At the airport kiosk
If you don’t have a mobile device, you can check in at a kiosk at the airport. Just bring your confirmation code and passport or other government-issued ID.
Here are the steps to check-in at the airport kiosk:
- Find the JetBlue check-in kiosk at the airport. The kiosks are usually located in the main terminal of the airport.
- Bring your confirmation code and government-issued ID.
- Swipe your credit card or passport at the kiosk. The kiosk will scan your card or passport and ask for your confirmation code.
- Go through your travel information and make any changes if necessary.
- Select your seat, if available.
- Print your boarding pass or save it to your mobile device.
What are the baggage allowances at JetBlue LaGuardia Airport?
The baggage allowances of the JetBlue Terminal at LaGuardia Airport vary from class to class of flights. You can also check & confirm with Jetblue Office in New York, USA for your baggage allowance in advance. Given below is the related information with which you can come to know about all the concerned norms.
The cost within U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America is given below in the table:
|Fare Type||First Bag (in USD)||Second Bag (in USD)||3+ Bags (in USD)|
|Mint||Free (up to 70 lbs)||Free (upto 70 lbs)||150|
|The JetBlue Plus Card Member||Free||45||150|
Size-Dimensions of the Baggage
|Type||Size (in inches)|
|Personal Baggage||17 x 13 x 8|
|Standard Baggage||22 x 14 x 9|
|Carry-on Items||No weight restrictions|
Some additional tips to note:
- The dimensions of your bag must be within the overall dimensions, including any wheels, handles, or pockets.
- The weight of your bag must be within the weight limit for your fare type.
- If your bag is too large or too heavy, you may be charged an additional fee.
What are the lost and found protocols of JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
JetBlue’s Lost & Found policy for its terminal at LaGuardia Airport is as follows:
- Items Found: If you find an item at the airport, you can return it to the concerned office which is located in the Central Terminal Building, near Gate B1.
- Items Lost: If you have lost an item, you can report it online or by calling JetBlue’s Customer Service line.
- Holding Period: Items are held only for 30 days before being donated or discarded.
NOTE: The lost and found office is not responsible for items that are lost in the security checkpoint or on the tarmac.
Are pets allowed at JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
Yes, pets are allowed at LaGuardia JetBlue Terminal, but there are some restrictions. Only service animals and emotional support animals are allowed to travel in the cabin of a JetBlue flight. Other pets must travel in the cargo hold.
If you are traveling with a service animal or emotional support animal, you need to present documentation from a licensed mental health professional or veterinarian stating that the animal is necessary for your well-being. You will have to fill out a pet travel form on the JetBlue website.
Pets that travel in the cargo hold must be in a hard-sided carrier that meets the size and weight requirements of the airline. The carrier must be able to fit under the seat in front of you. You will also need to purchase a pet travel fee.
For more information on traveling with pets on JetBlue, visit the JetBlue website here.
Some additional things to keep in mind:
- Pets are not allowed in the security checkpoint area. You will need to check your pet in at the Pet Relief Area before going through security.
- There is a pet relief area located in LaGuardia JetBlue Terminal, Concourse B-C. This area has a grassy area for pets to relieve themselves, as well as water and waste disposal stations.
What is the refund policy of JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
LaGuardia JetBlue Terminal flights vary depending on the type of fare you purchased. Here is a summary of the refund policies for the most common types of fares:
- Refundable fares: These fares are fully refundable up to 24 hours after purchase. After 24 hours, you may be eligible for a refund, but you may be subject to a cancellation fee.
- Non-refundable fares: These are not refundable fares, but you can change your flight for a fee.
- Basic Blue fares: These fares are neither refundable nor changed.
If your flight is canceled or significantly delayed, you may be eligible for a refund or a travel credit. The specific terms of your refund or travel credit will depend on the reason for the cancellation or delay.
You can request a refund for your JetBlue flight online, by phone, or at the airport.
- To request a refund online, you will need to log in to your JetBlue account and go to the “Manage Trips” page.
- To request a refund by phone, you can call JetBlue customer service at 1-800-JET-BLUE (538-2583).
- To request a refund at the airport, you will need to go to the JetBlue ticket counter.
Here are some points to keep in mind about JetBlue’s refund policy:
- You can only request a refund for a flight that has not yet departed.
- You must provide your original purchase confirmation number when requesting a refund.
- JetBlue may take up to 10 business days to process your refund request.
Are there any codeshare flights operated by JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia Airport?
No, there are currently no codeshare flights operated by JetBlue Terminal at LaGuardia Airport. The Northeast Alliance, a partnership between JetBlue and American Airlines that allowed for codeshare flights, was ordered to be dissolved by a federal judge in May 2023. The dissolution of the alliance took effect on July 21, 2023.
Is there a lounge at JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
There is no dedicated JetBlue lounge at LaGuardia Airport. However, there are a few other lounges that JetBlue passengers can access with a valid boarding pass. These include:
The Centurion Lounge
It is located in Terminal B, Concourse B-C. This lounge is open to American Express Platinum cardholders and their guests.
Minute Suites Express
It is available at Terminal B. This lounge offers a private space to relax and work, with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, power outlets, and snacks. Priority Pass members can access it.
NOTE: If you are not a member of any of these programs, you can still access by paying for a day pass.
What parking services are available at the JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
At the JetBlue Terminal at LaGuardia Airport, anyone with a vehicle can access both the on-site & off-site parking. The tables below will provide you with all the necessary info:
|Short-Term Parking||JetBlue Terminal Garage||Starts at $18/day|
|Long-Term Parking||LaGuardia Airport Parking Field||Starts at $10/day|
|Valet Parking||JetBlue Terminal Garage||Starts at $45/day|
|Airpark Airport Parking System||718-898-8400|
|Aloft & Ibis Hotel||718-751-6456|
NOTE: The prices for parking the vehicle may vary during the daytime and in accordance with the years.
Which car rentals are available at JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
You can rent a car conveniently at the LaGuardia airport JetBlue Terminal itself, as all the main car rental companies have their counters there. Have a look at the companies and their contact details given below:
|Car Rental Company||Contact Number|
Which hotels are located near JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
If you feel the need to stay near the JetBlue Terminal at LaGuardia airport, then you can find a number of hotels with respect to your desires & preferences. The table given below summarises the hotels & their amenities:
|Aloft New York LaGuardia Airport||3-Star||790 m||Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Parking, Air Conditioning, Pet-Friendly, Fitness Center, Bar, Restaurant|
|New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott||3-Star||1 km||Breakfast, Wi-Fi, Parking, Air Conditioning, Fitness Center, Bar, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle|
|Hampton Inn New York – LaGuardia Airport||3-Star||1.1 km||Free Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking, Air Conditioning, Pet-Friendly, Airport Shuttle, Room Service, Fitness Center, etc.|
|Avion Inn Near LGA Airport, Ascend Hotel Collection||2-Star||1.6 km||Free Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking, Air Conditioning, Fitness Center, Kitchen in Rooms, Airport Shuttle, Full-Service Laundry|
|SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport||3-Star||2.5 km||Free Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Parking, Air Conditioning, Pet-Friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Airport Shuttle|
|The One Boutique Hotel||3-Star||4.1 km||Free Wi-Fi, Parking, Restaurant, Bar, Smoke-Free Property, Accessible|
What are the main flight classes operated by JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia?
JetBlue offers 4 main flight classes:
- Blue Basic: This is the most basic fare class and offers the fewest benefits. Passengers of this are only allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item. They also do not get to choose their seat and are subject to higher change and cancellation fees.
- Blue: This fare class bestows more advantages than Blue Basic, including the ability to choose your seat and a free checked bag. Passengers in this fare class also get priority boarding and access to JetBlue’s Even More Space seats.
- Blue Extra: Passengers in this fare class get priority boarding, access to JetBlue’s Even More Space seats, and a free checked bag. They also get to earn more TrueBlue points and status-qualifying miles.
- Mint: This is JetBlue’s premium cabin offering. Passengers in this cabin get a lie-flat seat, dedicated check-in, and security lines, and access to JetBlue’s Mint Lounges. They also get to earn more TrueBlue points and status-qualifying miles.
NOTE: The specific fare class that is available for a particular flight will depend on the demand for that flight and the date of travel.
Overall, JetBlue Terminal LaGuardia is the full-service terminal at the airport. The airways provide a multitude of top-notch services to its passengers which creates an ultimate public image in the eyes of its customers.
Who Are We?
Frequently Asked Questions
JetBlue Airlines uses Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport.
JetBlue arrives at Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport.
From Terminal B, JetBlue Airlines depart from LaGuardia Airport.
Yes, JetBlue operates at Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport.
Yes, both JetBlue and American Airlines operate out of Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport.