Eurowings is a German low-cost airline that operates from its main hub at Frankfurt Airport Terminal (FRA). The airline offers a wide range of domestic and international flights to various destinations across Europe and beyond. Frankfurt Airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe. Eurowings’ presence there is a testament to its commitment to providing affordable and reliable air travel.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Eurowings’ operations at Frankfurt Airport Terminal, including information on the airport’s facilities, check-in procedures, boarding process, and more. Whether you are a seasoned traveler or a first-time flyer, this guide will help you navigate through the airport with ease and make the most out of your travel experience.
Introduction to Eurowings Airlines
Eurowings is a German low-cost airline based in Düsseldorf and a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group. Founded in 1996, the airline began operations as a regional carrier but has since expanded its network to become one of Europe’s leading low-cost carriers. Eurowings operates flights to more than 150 destinations in over 40 countries across Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, and North America, and its fleet consists of modern Airbus A320 and A330 aircraft.
Eurowings offers three different fare classes to its passengers: BASIC, SMART, and BIZ. The BASIC fare includes only a seat and a small carry-on bag, while the SMART fare adds a checked bag, seat selection, and priority boarding. The BIZ fare offers the most comfort, including access to airport lounges, priority boarding, and extra legroom seats. Not just that, passengers get 2 checked bags up to 32 kg each for free, and 2 large cabin bags of 8 kg each.
Introduction to Frankfurt Airport
Frankfurt Airport (FRA) is a major international airport located in Frankfurt, Germany. It is one of the busiest airports in Europe and the world, handling more than 70 million passengers annually. The airport is located about 12 kilometres southwest of the city center and has two main terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
Frankfurt Airport has a wide range of facilities and services for travelers, including shops, restaurants, lounges, duty-free stores, banks, currency exchange, and car rental companies. The airport also has a variety of transportation options for getting to and from the airport, including trains, buses, taxis, and rental cars.
General Information About Eurowings Airlines Frankfurt Airport
Below is the overview of the Eurowings Airlines Frankfurt Terminal
|Airport||Frankfurt International Airport|
|Airport Address||60547 Frankfurt, Germany|
|Arrivals and Departure Terminal||Terminal 1, Hall C|
Frankfurt Airport Map
Here’s an overview of the Frankfurt Airport map:
Frankfurt Airport is one of the largest and busiest airports in Europe, located in Frankfurt, Germany. The airport covers an area of over 2,000 hectares and has two main terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, each with multiple concourses.
Eurowings Frankfurt Airport : An Ultimate Guide
Eurowings is a German low-cost airline that operates from Frankfurt Airport, one of the busiest airports in Europe. Here’s an ultimate guide to help you navigate Eurowings operations at Frankfurt Airport:
Eurowings offers several check-in options to its passengers, including online check-in, mobile check-in, and self-service kiosks. The counter opens 2 hours in advance of departure and closes 40 minutes before that time.
Here’s how you can complete the check-in with Eurowings at the Frankfurt airport terminal –
- Make sure that you have your travel documents (passport, visa, etc.) and your Eurowings booking reference number with you.
- Head to the Eurowings check-in counters located in Terminal 1, Hall C.
- Once you reach the check-in counter, present your travel documents and booking reference number to the Eurowings staff.
- The staff will then verify your details, check your baggage (if any), and issue your boarding pass.
- After completing the check-in process, you can proceed to the security screening and then to your departure gate.
Generally, it is advisable to arrive at least 2 hours before your flight’s departure time.
Eurowings has a standard baggage allowance of one carry-on bag and one personal item per passenger. The carry-on bag must not exceed the dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm and the personal item must be small enough to fit under the seat in front of you. Checked baggage allowances vary depending on the fare class and route.
Here’s how you can add the baggage for Eurowings at the Frankfurt international airport –
- Eurowings has self-service kiosks located throughout Frankfurt International Airport. You can use these kiosks to check in for your flight, select seats, and purchase baggage.
- If you prefer to speak with a representative, you can visit the Eurowings service counter at Frankfurt International Airport. A customer service agent will be able to assist you with adding or purchasing baggage.
Passengers can book the last-minute flight reservation at the Eurowings check-in counter. All you need to do is –
- Head to the Eurowings check-in counter, and ask the ticketing agent to book the flight.
- Provide details like number of passengers and the cabin class you want to travel in.
- Subject to availability, the Eurowings flight representative will offer your preferred flight from the list of available flights.
- You can also choose additional services you might require, such as extra baggage or travel insurance.
- Make your payment using a valid credit or debit card, and confirm your booking.
- The airline’s executive will help you complete the check-in and issue the boarding pass.
To request a ticket cancellation for Eurowings at the Frankfurt International Airport, you can follow these steps:
- Reach out to Eurowings customer service located at Terminal 1.
- Let the customer service representative know that you would like to cancel your ticket and the reason for the cancellation.
- Eurowings may require additional information, such as your contact information and payment details, to process the cancellation.
- Once Eurowings has processed your cancellation request, confirm the cancellation and ask for any further information, such as the refund process and timeline.
Lost & Found Services
Frankfurt International Airport offers a Lost & Found service for items lost or found within the airport premises. If you have lost an item at the airport, you can use the following steps to try and retrieve it:
- Visit the Frankfurt Airport Lost & Found website
- Fill out an online form to report your lost item.
- Be sure to provide as much detail as possible, including the date and time you lost the item, a description of the item, and your contact information.
If you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can call the Lost & Found office at +49 (0)69 690 – 32600. The lines are open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You can also visit in person, which is located in Terminal 1, Concourse A, Level 0. The office is open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Eurowings Arrivals At Frankfurt Airport
You can easily find the latest arrival information for Eurowings flights at Frankfurt Airport by visiting the airport’s official website. Alternatively, you can follow this link for all the scheduled arrivals for Eurowings.
Passengers can go to the baggage claim area to get their checked luggage, if any, after clearing immigration and customs. After that, customers can leave the terminal and travel to their destination via public transportation, taxi, or ride-sharing.
Eurowings Departures From Frankfurt Airport
Eurowing uses Terminal 1 for departure. Follow this link for all scheduled departures for Eurowings.
Passengers can head to their departure gate, which is also in Terminal 1, after checking in and completing security. To enable time for check-in, security, and any other necessary processes, it’s crucial to get to the airport well before your scheduled departure time.
Frankfurt Airport Parking
Whether you are flying for business or pleasure, require short-term parking, or need to catch a train, Frankfurt Airport has a wide range of parking alternatives to suit your needs. The terminal parking lots provide more than 14,000 parking spaces. You won’t have to spend a lot of time looking for parking, and since the terminals are close together, you can easily and quickly get to the arrivals and departure halls.
To reserve a cheap parking space in advance close to the terminal, use the online booking platform. Direct transportation to Terminals 1 and 2 is provided by a free shuttle bus from the Holiday Parking parking lot at the southern end of the airport.
Some of the parking options include –
- Holiday parking – A special parking area for tourists starting at 29 Euros per week. It is important to reserve your spot online as soon as possible to take advantage of the early booking discount as well as the ability to reserve your preferred parking place right at the departure terminal.
- Business parking – For corporate travelers and organizations, Frankfurt Airport additionally provides special rates. Terminal 1 is home to Business Parking, which has extra-wide parking spaces in the multi-story parking garage. It comes with its own entrance and direct access to check-in. This is ideal for frequent fliers who are pressed for time.
- Other parking spaces – The P36 bus parking lot at Terminal 1 is recommended for heavy vehicles, trailers, and buses. At Terminals 1 and 2, there are parking spots for travelers with restricted mobility, disabled parking spaces with direct access to check-in. When you enter the airport grounds at Frankfurt Airport, the parking guidance system notifies you of the availability.
How to book parking – When you reserve a parking space, you ensure that one is available for you at the time of your arrival. Just choose the required parking space and the booking window to reserve a spot at the terminal of your choice. Moreover, if you make your reservations in advance, you will receive favourable discounts.
Early bird and weekend rates – You can save up to 60% on parking costs by using the early bird online rate which is available for 55 euros for 7 days. If you’re traveling over the weekend, the weekend rate is ideal for you: you can park for two days here for just 29 Euros.
Car Rental Frankfurt Airport
The busiest airport in Germany is Frankfurt International Airport (FRA), which serves as a hub for numerous destinations throughout Europe and beyond. Frankfurt Airport hosts all major rental firms.
Both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of the Frankfurt Airport are home to Alamo, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise rent-a-car, Hertz, Buchbinder, and Thrifty.
Hotels Near Frankfurt Airport
Some of them include –
- Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center – This hotel is located directly at the airport and is connected to Terminal 1 via a pedestrian bridge. It offers modern rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
- Hilton Frankfurt Airport – This hotel is also located at the airport and is connected to Terminal 1 via a pedestrian bridge. It offers contemporary rooms, a fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
- Moxy Frankfurt Airport – This hotel is located about 1.5 kilometers from the airport and offers stylish rooms, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar.
- Park Inn by Radisson Frankfurt Airport – This hotel is located about 3 kilometers from the airport and offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
- NH Frankfurt Airport West – This hotel is located about 5 kilometers from the airport and offers modern rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
- Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport – This hotel is located about 7 kilometers from the airport and offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
There are also several other hotels located in the surrounding area, which may offer more affordable options.
How to get to Frankfurt Airport?
There are several ways to get to Frankfurt Airport depending on your location and mode of transportation. Here are some options:
- By train – Frankfurt Airport has its own train station, which is located directly beneath Terminal 1. The station is served by regional and long-distance trains, as well as several high-speed trains. If you are coming from Frankfurt city center, you can take the S-Bahn lines S8 or S9, which run every 15 minutes and take about 10-15 minutes to reach the airport.
- By car – Frankfurt Airport is located about 12 kilometers southwest of Frankfurt city center and is easily accessible by car. The national highways A3, A67, and A5 will take you directly to Frankfurt Airport. To get to Terminals 1 and 2, follow the “Flughafen” signs and then the accompanying directions.
- By taxi – Taxis are available at the airport and can be hailed from the designated taxi ranks outside the terminals. A taxi ride from Frankfurt city center to the airport takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- By bus – There are several bus services that operate to and from Frankfurt Airport. The bus stations are located in front of Terminal 1 on the arrivals level and in front of Terminal 2 on Level 2.
- By SkyLine – Terminals 1 and 2 are connected by SkyLine. The stops are in Terminal 1, Hall B, and Terminal 2, between Areas D and E. SkyLine departs every 2 to 3 minutes from the Frankfurt international airport.
Shopping at Frankfurt International Airport
Shopping at Frankfurt International Airport is an enjoyable experience with a wide range of stores offering a variety of products. Here are some of the things you can expect when shopping at Frankfurt International Airport:
- Duty-free shopping – You can purchase goods such as alcohol, tobacco, and perfume at a reduced price.
- Luxury brands – You can purchase goods such as alcohol, tobacco, and perfume at a reduced price.
- Technology – Frankfurt airport has a number of outlets selling mobile phones, cameras, and other smart gadgets at discounted fares.
Click here to check all the brands available at the Frankfurt international airport.
Eat & drink at Frankfurt International Airport
Frankfurt International Airport offers a wide range of dining options to suit all tastes and budgets. Here are some of the options available:
- Caffe’ Kimbo at Terminal 1, Area A
- Anton & Anni at Terminal 1, Area Z
- Bistrot at Terminal 1, Area B
- KFC Kentucky Fried Chicken at Terminal 1, Area A
- Meyer Deli Coffee Kitchen at Terminal 1, Area A and B, Transit
- McDonald’s at Terminal 1, Area A
- Hausmann’s Bar (To Go) by Tim Mälzer at Terminal 1, Area A Transit
- Kamps Bakery at Terminal 1, Area B, Public
There are also several bars and pubs located throughout the airport, as well as a variety of shops and snack bars where you can grab a quick bite on the go. Click here to visit your favorite outlet.
Other services/amenities at the Frankfurt International Airport
Frankfurt International Airport, also known as Frankfurt Airport, offers a wide range of services and amenities for passengers to make their travel experience more comfortable and convenient. Here are some of the services and amenities you can find at Frankfurt Airport:
- Wi-Fi – The airport offers free Wi-Fi throughout its terminals. Passengers can connect to the Wi-Fi by selecting the hotspot”Airport-Frankfurt ” in their device’s Wi-Fi settings. Choose between Wi-Fi Free and Wi-Fi Free+.
- Medical services – Building 226 houses FRA’s Medical Center, which includes the Emergency Center and the vaccination department. Public access is available at the facility, which is right adjacent to Terminal 1’s Concourse A, Arrivals.
- Banking and ATMs– You can find Deutsche Bank in Terminal 1, Area B. It is headquartered in the airport City Mall. Another one is Reisebank which has six airport branches in Terminal 1 and 2. There are ATMs available at multiple locations at FRA –
- ATMs from Frankfurter Sparkasse can be found in Terminal 1’s public areas, Halls A and B.
- Areas A, B, and C in Terminal 1 and areas D and E at Terminal 2 each have a large number of ATMs from Deutsche Bank.
- ATMs from Reisebank are found at Areas A and Z in Terminal 1 and D and E in Terminal 2.
- Money Exchange – You can get your money changed at one of the several Travelex locations at the airport, which are located in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- Luggage storage – The airport offers luggage storage services for passengers who need to store their luggage before or after their flight. These locations include –
|Terminal||Terminal 1||Terminal 1||Terminal 2|
|Location||Area B, Level 1 (Arrival)||Area B – C, Level 2 (Departure)||Area D, Level 2 (Arrival)|
|Opening hours||daily, 24 hours||daily from 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m||daily from 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.|
|Phone||+49 69 690 70786||+49 69 690 73277||+49 69 690 7286|
- Showers – Showers cost 6 euros which includes a towel, shower gel, and access to hair dryer. You can use the showers between the hours of 6am and 11pm They can be found in the following places:
|Terminal 1||Concourse A, Level 2 (near Gate A 50)|
|Terminal 1||Concourse B, Level 2, Shopping Boulevard ( pre-security)|
|Terminal 1||Concourse B, Level 3 (near Kuffler & Bucher)|
|Terminal 1||Concourse Z, Level 3 (near Gate Z 50)|
|Terminal 2||Concourse D, Level 3 (near Gate D 4)|
- Children’s play areas – There are several play areas for children located throughout the airport, including
|Terminal 1 A||Level 2, near Gate A 58|
|Terminal 1 A||Level 3, near Gate Z 24|
|Terminal 1 Z||Level 3, near Gate Z 50|
|Terminal 1 B||Level 2, near Gate B 22|
|Terminal 1 C||Level 2, near Gate C 16|
|Terminal 2 D||Level 3, near Gate D 1|
|Terminal 2 D||Level 2, near Gate 21|
|Terminal 2 D/E||Level 4, at McDonald’s|
|Terminal 2 E||Level 3, near Gate E 4|
These are just some of the services and amenities available at Frankfurt Airport. Passengers can visit the airport’s website or contact the airport for more information on specific services and facilities.
Eurowings is a reputable airline that provides quality services to its passengers. Its Frankfurt Airport Terminal (FRA) offers a comfortable and efficient experience for travelers, with modern facilities and amenities. The friendly and knowledgeable staff are always available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Why Choose Contact4Support?
Contact4Support help you resolve your all travel related concerns and empower you with uninterrupted service at every step of the journey.
- 24/7 Availability – Contact4Support offers round-the-clock support, so you can get help whenever you need it, regardless of the time zone you are in.
- Expertise – Contact4Support has a team of experienced and knowledgeable travel executives.
- Multiple Channels – Contact4Support offers support through multiple channels, including phone, email, chat, and social media.
- Customised Support – You will get individual attention and tailored solutions based on your specific travel needs.
- Quick Resolution – Contact4Support strives to resolve issues quickly and efficiently saving you from long-duration pesky calls.
Frankfurt Airport Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Eurowings Airlines operates from Terminal 1 at Frankfurt Airport.
The arrival terminal for Eurowings Airlines at Frankfurt Airport depends on the origin and destination of the flight and can be found on the airport website or by contacting the airline.
The departure terminal for Eurowings Airlines at Frankfurt Airport is Terminal 1, Hall A.
Eurowings offers both online and in-person check-in options for its flights. Passengers can check-in online through the Eurowings website or mobile app, or they can check-in at the airport at the designated check-in counters.
The Eurowings check-in counters at Frankfurt Airport are located in Terminal 1, Hall A.
The baggage allowance for Eurowings flights from Frankfurt depends on the fare type and destination.
Eurowings does not have its own lounges at Frankfurt Airport, but passengers can purchase access to the lounges in Terminal 1 or the Sky Lounge in Terminal 1.
The boarding process for Eurowings flights at Frankfurt Airport typically begins 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Passengers will be called to board in groups based on their fare type and seating priority.
Upon arrival at Frankfurt Airport, passengers should follow signs to the baggage claim area to collect their luggage. Passengers can then proceed to customs and the airport exit.
Eurowings accepts cash and most major credit cards at Frankfurt airport.
The cost of parking at Frankfurt Airport varies depending on the parking lot and duration of stay, with rates starting at €29 per day for terminal parking.
The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel is located within walking distance of Frankfurt Airport.
There are several car rental agencies located at Frankfurt airport (FRA), including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, and Sixt.
You can contact Frankfurt Airport customer service by phone, email, or through the contact form on their website.
The time it takes to get a baggage claim at Frankfurt Airport varies and can depend on a number of factors, such as the size of the airport, the number of passengers, and the time of day.