Welcome to Emirates Airlines MEL Terminal! As one of the world’s largest airlines, Emirates offers flights to destinations all over the globe, and MEL is one of their key hubs in the Australia.
Whether you’re flying in First Class, Business Class, or Economy Class, Emirates Airlines is dedicated to providing a world-class travel experience from start to finish. So sit back, relax, and get ready for an unforgettable journey with Emirates Airlines at MEL Terminal.
The airline operates out of Terminal 2 at MEL, which offers state-of-the-art facilities and a range of amenities for travelers.
Guide for Emirates Airlines MEL Airport
The following services are available to travelers at the Melbourne International Airport at the time of travel:
|Airport Location||Melbourne Airport VIC 3045, Australia|
|Terminal||Emirates Airlines operates at Terminal 2|
|Ticket counter hours for Emirates Airlines||Daily 8.30 am – 10.30 pm|
|When to arrive at the airport to board Emirates||If traveling with a checked bag, international travel counter assistance, you must arrive 3 hours before the scheduled departure. For travel without bags, arrive 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure.|
|Pre-check||Pre-check service is open between 08.30 am – 11.00 am and 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm|
Reservation (Ticketing) Counter at Emirates MEL Terminal
The ticketing counter at Emirates MEL Terminal is a vital part of the facility and provides an essential service to travelers. Located near the entrance to the terminal, the ticketing counter is the first stop for travelers looking to book flights or check in for existing reservations.
The counter provides a range of services, including
- the ability to purchase tickets,
- check in for flights, and
- make changes to existing reservations.
The counter also provides travel assistance services such as baggage assistance, travel advisories, and information on Airport services and facilities.
Additionally, the counter is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing Passengers with a convenient and reliable ticketing solution.
Counter for Flight management
The Emirates MEL Airport terminal becomes important if you choose to fly from one city or country to another to manage your trips. The airline operator provides the option to modify reservations through this terminal. They could take the shape of adjustments to the date, time, schedule, venue, class type, and other factors. The terminal’s counters will be useful in getting information about your worries.
Lost and Found Service
MEL Airport provides a lost and found service for items lost within the airport terminals, parking lots, AirTrain, and other airport facilities. You can report a lost item by contacting the Port Authority Police Lost and Found Unit at 718-244-4225 or by filling out an online form on the MEL Airport website. To claim a lost item, you must provide a detailed description of the item and proof of ownership.
Seat Upgradation Option at the MEL Airport
The Emirates Airlines Terminal at Melbourne Airport in Melbourne City provides a wide variety of seating options for travelers. Travelers can upgrade their seats to a higher class at the terminal by paying a nominal fee. In addition –
- The terminal offers a variety of seating classes, such as economy, business and first class.
- Passengers looking for a more luxurious experience can upgrade to Emirates’ first class seating.
The process of seat upgradation at the Emirates MEL Terminal is simple and straightforward. After checking in:
- Passengers can view the available seating options and select the desired seat type.
- Pay the upgrade fee using a credit card and the upgraded seat will be available for their use.
- Please be aware that seat upgrades are subject to availability and the fee may vary depending on the seat type and class.
- The fee for economy class seat upgrades is typically much lower than that of business and first class.
- Additionally, seat upgrades are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The terminal also offers a variety of seating options for passengers who wish to upgrade their seats, such as economy, business and first class. Passengers should take into account the availability and fees associated with seat upgrades before making their selection.
Car Rental Services & Parking Areas at the MEL Terminal
There are several car rental services available at MEL Terminal, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. These rental services have parking areas located in the Federal Circle Station, which can be reached by taking the AirTrain.
Additionally, there are also parking areas available for personal vehicles at the terminal, such as the Parking P1, Parking P2, Parking P3 parking areas.
Emirates Check-in Desk at Terminal 2
The Emirates MEL Terminal 2 check-in desk is the main hub for all Emirates passengers traveling to and from the Australia. Located in the heart of MEL International Airport in Melbourne City, the Emirates check-in desk offers travelers a convenient and secure way to check-in for their flight. Emirates staff are on hand to provide assistance and answer any questions passengers may have.
The Emirates check-in desk provides a variety of services including
- Baggage check-in,
- Seat selection
- Add baggage tags
- Print their boarding pass.
- Self-service bag drop
The Emirates MEL Terminal 2 check-in desk is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Passengers are advised to arrive at least two hours before their flight departure time to ensure they have enough time to check-in and clear security. Emirates staff are available to help passengers with anything from checking-in to boarding the plane.
Curbside Check-in – MEL Airport offers curbside check-in services for Emirates, allowing passengers to drop off their checked baggage and receive their boarding pass at the curb outside the terminal.
How To Get Emirates Airlines Boarding Pass at the MEL Terminal?
To get an Emirates Airlines boarding pass at MEL Terminal, you can follow these steps:
- Check-in online or at the Emirates check-in counters located at the terminal.
- If you have checked-in online, you can use the self-service kiosks to print your boarding pass.
- If you have checked-in at the Emirates counter, the agent will provide you with your boarding pass.
- Proceed to the security checkpoint with your boarding pass and valid identification.
It is recommended that you arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight departure time to allow sufficient time for check-in and security clearance.
Emirates Airlines Baggage Counter at the MEL Terminal
Emirates Airlines has a baggage counter at Terminal 2 of MEL Airport. The counter opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure but not before 5.30am and accepts checked baggage 30 minutes before departure.
Emirates Airlines Ticket Cancellation Policy at MEL Airport
The rules for requesting flight cancellation for Emirates Airlines at the MEL airport may vary depending on the specific fare class and ticket terms and conditions. However, here are some general guidelines to consider:
- Timeframe: Emirates Airlines generally allows passengers to cancel their ticket up to 24 hours before departure. However, if you are at the MEL airport, it is best to cancel the ticket 3 hours before departure.
- Cancellation Fees: Emirates Airlines may charge a cancellation fee for canceling your ticket. The amount of the fee depends on the fare class and the specific ticket terms and conditions.
- Document Requirements: You may need to provide certain documents such as your passport, visa, and ticket confirmation when canceling your Emirates Airlines flight at the airport.
It is recommended to check the fare rules and contact Emirates customer service for specific details on the cancellation policy and process for a particular ticket.
Hotels near the MEL Airport
There are several hotels located near Emirates Terminal at MEL Airport, including:
- PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – 0.1 km away
- Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport, an IHG Hotel – 0.4 km away
- ibis Budget – Melbourne Airport – 0.6 km away
- Ciloms Airport Lodge – 2.6 km away
- 3 BR Family House close to Melbourne Airport – 2.9 km away
Melbourne Airport Terminal 2 : Map
You can find the map of MEL Airport here. The map shows the layout of the airport terminals, parking lots, and other airport facilities. In addition, you can also find interactive maps and directories as well which help you navigate and find specific locations such as gates, restaurants and shops.
Services Offered by Emirates Airlines at the Melbourne Airport
Emirates Airlines offered the following services at Melbourne International Airport:
- Lounge access: Emirates Airlines has a lounge at MEL airport for its premium passengers.
- Free Wi-Fi: Emirates offers complimentary wiFi access at Terminal 2 for all the premium class passengers.
- ATM Kiosk: There are multiple ATM kiosks located at MEL Airport in Melbourne City, both before and after security checkpoints, which can be accessed by passengers and visitors.
- Restrooms: MEL Airport Terminal has restrooms located throughout the terminal, both before and after security checkpoints. TSigns and maps throughout the airport can help you locate the nearest restroom.
- Smoking Areas: MEL Airport is a smoke-free airport, and smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the terminal buildings, including designated smoking areas. However, there are designated smoking areas outside the terminals. These smoking areas are located outside the terminal buildings, usually near the departure or arrival areas.
- Security pre-check: MEL Airport conducts security pre-checks to ensure the safety and security of passengers and staff. These checks include screening of passengers and their luggage using advanced technology, as well as physical inspections of items that may pose a potential threat. Passengers may also be subject to additional questioning or random screenings.
Since the airline provides seamless travel from point A to point B, those who appreciate Emirates are familiar with their level of customer service at the Emirates MEL International Airport Terminal. When it comes to customer satisfaction, there are a variety of factors that consistently place Emirates in the hot seat. There are few ticketing alternatives, but there aren’t many extra fees, and the onboard amenities are really good. Additionally, it looks that flying Emirates Airline is often regarded as always being preferred.
ContactForSupport is here to help you clear all your doubts about the Emirates Airlines MEL International Airport. We help our customers with online phone directory services which may include about Airlines, Airports, Travel, Home Security, etc. You can call us anytime and we will get back to you within 24 hours of US time.
Emirates at Melbourne Airport Terminal 2 : Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Emirates at Melbourne Airport operates out of Terminal 2.
Emirates arrives at Terminal 2 at MEL Airport.
Emirates departs from Terminal 2 at Melbourne International Airport.
Passengers can cancel flights online, over the phone as well as at the Emirates MEL Terminal 2 up to 3 hours before departure.
No, smoking is not allowed in any part of the terminal buildings at MEL Airport, including Terminal 2 where Emirates operates.