EasyJet, one of the low-cost airlines of Europe, operates flights from Glasgow Airport Terminal to several destinations across Europe. For passengers looking for an affordable way to explore Europe, EasyJet Glasgow Airport Terminal is the most convenient option. In this article, we will take a closer look at what passengers can expect when flying with EasyJet from Glasgow Airport terminal, including check-in procedures, baggage allowance, and other important details to make your travel convenient and hassle-free.
About EasyJet Airlines
EasyJet is a prominent British airline that has established itself as a popular choice for budget-conscious travelers looking for a reliable and convenient way to reach their destinations. Founded in 1995, EasyJet has grown to become one of the largest airlines in Europe, with a fleet of over 300 aircraft that operate more than 900 routes to over 30 countries worldwide. The airline prides itself on its commitment to providing its passengers with a high level of service at affordable prices, making it a popular choice for both leisure and business travelers. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, EasyJet is committed to ensuring that its passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable journey every time they fly.
About Glasgow Airport
Glasgow Airport is an international airport located in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland, approximately 8 miles (13 km) west of Glasgow city center. It is the second-busiest airport in Scotland, handling over 8.8 million passengers in 2019. The airport has one terminal building, which is divided into three main areas: domestic, international, and arrivals. The terminal offers a range of facilities and services, including shops, restaurants, cafes, bars, lounges, currency exchange, ATMs, and car rental services.
General Information About EasyJet Airlines Glasgow Airport
Here is the overview of the Glasgow Airport –
|Airport Address||Glasgow, Paisley PA3 2ST, United Kingdom|
|Arrivals Terminal||Terminal 1|
|Departures Terminal||Terminal 1|
Glasgow Airport Map
Have a look to the Glasgow Airport map –
EasyJet Glasgow Airport : An Ultimate Guide
EasyJet is a low-cost airline that operates flights to and from Glasgow Airport (GLA), which is located in the United Kingdom. Glasgow Airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe, and for travelers looking to fly with EasyJet, navigating the airport can seem overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created the ultimate guide to EasyJet at Glasgow Airport. Whether you’re a first time traveler or a seasoned pro, this guide will provide you all the information you need to have a hassle-free experience at the airport. From check-in and boarding to navigating the airport and finding your gate, everything is covered below.
EasyJet passengers can check in online or at the airport. Online check-in opens 30 days before departure and closes two hours before departure. At the airport, you can use the self-service kiosks or check in with a staff member at the check-in desk. To check-in at the airport –
- Head to the EasyJet check-in desks at the airport and present your travel documents, including your passport and booking confirmation.
- Collect your boarding pass and proceed to the baggage drop off area.
- If you have checked luggage, you can drop it off at the bag drop area after you have checked
- in.Follow the signs to the bag drop area and present your luggage and boarding pass to the EasyJet staff.
- After you have checked-in and dropped off your luggage, you can proceed to the security checkpoint.
- Make sure you have all necessary documents, such as your boarding pass and passport, ready for inspection.
EasyJet has strict baggage allowances, so make sure you understand the rules before you pack. Each passenger is allowed one cabin bag, which must fit in the overhead compartment and weigh no more than 8 kg. You can also bring a small personal item, like a purse or laptop bag. If you need to check a bag, you’ll need to pay a fee.
To submit your checked baggage at the airport for EasyJet Airlines, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you know your baggage allowance for your EasyJet flight. You can find this information on your booking confirmation or by visiting the EasyJet website.
- Arrive at the airport with plenty of time before your flight.
- Check the departure screens for your flight information and follow the signs to the EasyJet check-in area.
- Present your booking confirmation and travel documents, such as your passport, at the EasyJet check-in counter.
- You will need to declare any checked baggage and pay any fees if applicable.
- The EasyJet staff will weigh your bags and attach luggage tags with your flight information.
- Once you have checked-in your baggage, follow the signs to the bag drop area.
- Show your boarding pass and passport to the EasyJet staff and leave your bags with them.
- You should receive a receipt or confirmation that your bags have been checked-in.
- After you have checked-in your bags, proceed to the security checkpoint.
- Make sure you have all necessary documents, such as your boarding pass and passport, ready for inspection.
- Once you have passed through security, proceed to your gate for boarding.
- You will need to present your boarding pass and passport to the gate staff before you board your EasyJet flight.
It’s always a good idea to check the EasyJet website or contact their customer service for any specific requirements or restrictions for checked baggage.
EasyJet uses a boarding system based on assigned groups, which are printed on your boarding pass. Boarding typically starts 30 minutes before departure, so make sure you arrive at the gate with plenty of time to spare.
EasyJet is a budget airline, so don’t expect luxury amenities on board. However, you can purchase food and drinks during the flight, and there is a selection of in-flight entertainment available on some flights.
EasyJet Arrivals at Glasgow Airport
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal 1 for arrivals at Glasgow Airport. In some cases this terminal can change, you can check the terminal with your airline here.
Passengers can go to the baggage claim area to get their checked luggage, if any, after clearing immigration and customs. After that, customers can leave the terminal and travel to their destination via public transportation, taxi, or ride-sharing.
EasyJet Departures from Glasgow Airport
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal 1 for Departures at Glasgow Airport. In some cases this terminal can change, you can check the terminal with your airline here.
Passengers can head to their departure gate, which is also in Terminal 1, after checking in and completing security. To enable time for check-in, security, and any other necessary processes, it’s crucial to get to the airport well before your scheduled departure time.
Glasgow Airport Parking
Glasgow Airport offers several parking options for travelers, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as a covered parking garage.
- The short-term parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, and is suitable for stays of up to four hours. The parking rates are hourly, and there is a maximum daily rate.
- The long-term parking area is located a short distance from the terminal, and is suitable for longer stays. The parking rates are charged per day, and there is a maximum rate for extended stays.
- In addition to these options, there is also a covered parking garage located near the terminal. This option is ideal for travelers who want to park their car in a secure and protected environment. The parking garage is open 24 hours a day and offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
- Overall, Glasgow Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of different travelers. Passengers are advised to book their parking in advance, especially during peak travel times, to ensure availability and to take advantage of any available discounts
Car Rental Glasgow Airport
If you are looking to rent a car at Glasgow Airport, there are several car rental companies available at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and Budget, among others.
To rent a car, you can either book online in advance or visit one of the car rental counters located in the arrival halls of the Terminal 1 of the airport.
When renting a car, you will need to provide a valid driver’s license, a credit card for payment and a passport or identity card as proof of identification. Additionally, some car rental companies may require you to be at least 21 years old to rent a car and have held your driver’s license for a minimum amount of time.
Hotels Near Glasgow Airport
There are several hotels near Glasgow Airport. Here are a few options:
- Holiday Inn Express– This hotel is located directly at Terminal 1 and offers direct access to the airport’s train station. It features soundproofed rooms, a fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
- Holiday Inn – This hotel is connected to Terminal 1 via a pedestrian bridge and offers soundproof rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant with views of the airport’s runways.
- Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport– This trendy hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from Terminal 1 and offers modern rooms, a 24-hour bar, and a fitness center.
- Glynhill Hotel – This hotel is located just a few minutes’ drive from the airport and offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport. It features modern rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant serving international cuisine.
- Jess View– This budget-friendly hotel is located just a 5-minute drive from the airport and offers basic rooms with private bathrooms, a 24-hour front desk, and a bar.
To request a cancellation of an EasyJet flight at Glasgow Airport, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the EasyJet check-in desk or customer service desk at the airport terminal.
- You can ask for directions from any airport staff member if you’re not sure where to find it.
- When you reach the desk, present your booking details, including your flight number, booking reference number, and personal identification documents like your passport or ID card.
- Let the EasyJet staff member know that you want to cancel your flight.
- They will then check your booking details and inform you of any cancellation fees or refunds you are entitled to.
- Once you agree to any cancellation fees, the staff will assist you in completing the cancellation process. They will also issue any refunds or vouchers, if applicable.
To book a flight with EasyJet Airlines at the airport, you can follow these steps –
- Find an EasyJet Airlines ticket counter at the airport. This can usually be found in the terminal where the airline operates or in the check-in area.
- Approach the ticket counter and provide your travel details, such as your destination, travel dates, and number of passengers.
- The EasyJet Airlines representative will check the availability of flights and provide you with options based on your preferences.
- Once you have chosen your desired flight, the representative will ask for your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and contact information.
- The representative will then process your booking and issue a ticket for your flight. You may be required to pay for the ticket at the time of booking, or you may be given the option to pay at a later time.
- After your booking is complete, the representative will provide you with your flight details, including your flight number, departure time, and gate number.
- Finally, make sure to confirm your baggage allowance and any other important information related to your flight, such as check-in time and boarding procedures.
Other Additional Facilities at Glasgow Airport
Glasgow Airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe, serving millions of passengers every year. In addition to its excellent transportation links and extensive retail and dining options, Glasgow Airport offers a range of additional facilities to enhance the passenger experience. Some of these facilities include:
Passengers who require medical assistance or advice can visit the Airport Clinic during its opening hours. The clinic is open every day from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Outside of these hours, passengers can contact the airport’s first aid service, which is available 24/7.
Glasgow Airport provides prayer rooms for passengers who wish to pray or meditate in a quiet and peaceful environment. There are several prayer rooms available at the airport, which are located throughout the terminal building and can be accessed by all passengers regardless of their religion or belief..
Glasgow Airport provides dedicated baby rooms for parents traveling with young children. These rooms are designed to offer a comfortable and private space for parents to tend to their babies’ needs, including feeding, diaper changing, and resting.
Glasgow Airport offers a VIP lounge, which provides a comfortable and relaxing environment for passengers to wait for their flights. The lounge is open to all passengers, regardless of airline or class of travel, and can be accessed by purchasing a pass or through membership in a lounge program. The VIP lounge at Glasgow Airport offers a range of amenities, including comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, refreshments, and light snacks. There are also newspapers and magazines available for guests to read, as well as a TV with international channels.
Kids’ Play Areas
Glasgow Airport offers a designated children’s play area, which is located in the public area of Terminal 1, near the food court. The play area is designed for children between the ages of 2 and 6 years old and features various play equipment, including a climbing structure, slides, and interactive games.
The smoking lounges at Glasgow Airport are equipped with ventilation systems to ensure that smoke does not affect other areas of the airport. These lounges are located in both the departures and arrivals areas of the airport, and are accessible to all passengers who wish to use them. However, it’s worth noting that smoking in public areas of the airport is strictly prohibited, and violators may face fines or other penalties.
Glasgow Airport offers free Wi-Fi access to all passengers throughout the terminal building. The Wi-Fi network is available 24/7 and is easy to connect to. Once you are in the airport, simply look for the “Glasgow Airport” Wi-Fi network on your device and select it. You will then be prompted to enter your email address and accept the terms and conditions of use before being granted access to the internet.
These are just some of the additional facilities available at Glasgow Airport to enhance the passenger experience.
In conclusion, EasyJet’s move to Glasgow Airport Terminal 1 has brought about a number of improvements for passengers. The new terminal boasts modern facilities, a spacious check-in area, and an efficient security process, making the overall travel experience smoother and more comfortable. Additionally, the new location allows for easier access to public transportation, providing greater convenience for those traveling to and from the airport.
ContactForSupport helps you resolve all your travel related concerns and queries about the EasyJet Glasgow Airport Terminal. We assist passengers with online phone directory service for all the airlines, airports, travel agencies, home security and more. For all assistance, our lines are open 24*7 a week, 365 days a year.
Glasgow Airport Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
EasyJet Airlines operates from Terminal 1 at Glasgow Airport.
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal 1 for arrivals at Glasgow Airport (GLA). However, it’s always best to double-check your flight’s arrival terminal using the airport’s website or by contacting the airline directly, as terminal assignments can sometimes change.
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal 1 for departures from Glasgow Airport (GLA). However, it’s always best to double-check your flight’s Departure terminal using the airport’s website or by contacting the airline directly, as terminal assignments can sometimes change.
The time it takes to clear immigration at Glasgow Airport variés, but it typically takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
It’s recommended to check the airport’s official website or contact them directly for the latest parking rates.
Please visit the airport’s official website or contact them directly for updated information on lounge pricing.
There are multiple car rental companies located at Glasgow Airport (GLA), including Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and Budget.
You can contact Glasgow Airport customer service through their website or by phone.
You can contact Glasgow Airport lost and found baggage through their online form on their website.
Yes, Glasgow Airport has ATM machines available for use.
EasyJet Airlines flight tickets can be canceled at Glasgow Airport by contacting the airline’s customer service or using their online platform.
The time it takes to check in at Glasgow Airport varies depending on the airline and time of day.