EasyJet, one of the low-cost airlines of Europe, operates flights from Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Terminal to several destinations across Europe. For passengers looking for an affordable way to explore Europe, EasyJet Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Terminal is the most convenient option. In this article, we will take a closer look at what passengers can expect when flying with EasyJet from Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport terminal, including check-in procedures, baggage allowance, and other important details to make your travel convenient and hassle-free.
About EasyJet Airlines
EasyJet is a prominent British airline that has established itself as a popular choice for budget-conscious travelers looking for a reliable and convenient way to reach their destinations. Founded in 1995, EasyJet has grown to become one of the largest airlines in Europe, with a fleet of over 300 aircraft that operate more than 900 routes to over 30 countries worldwide. The airline prides itself on its commitment to providing its passengers with a high level of service at affordable prices, making it a popular choice for both leisure and business travelers. With a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction, EasyJet is committed to ensuring that its passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable journey every time they fly.
About Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
BOD has three terminal buildings: Terminal A, Terminal B, and the low-cost carrier terminal Billi. The airport offers various services and amenities, including shops, restaurants, car rental services, and parking facilities. It is served by numerous airlines, including Air France, easyJet, Ryanair, Transavia, and Volotea, and offers flights to over 90 destinations in Europe and beyond, including North America and Africa The airport is operated by the Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport Management Company and serves as a hub for Air France and Volotea, with several other airlines also having a significant presence at the airport. BOD has been undergoing a major expansion and renovation project in recent years to accommodate increasing passenger traffic and improve the airport’s infrastructure.
General Information About EasyJet Airlines Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
Here is the overview of the Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport –
|Airport Address||33700 Merignac, France|
|Arrivals Terminal||Terminal B|
|Departures Terminal||Terminal B|
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Map
Have a look to the Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport map –
EasyJet Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport : An Ultimate Guide
EasyJet is a low-cost airline that operates flights to and from Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (BOD), which is located in Merignac. Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe, and for travelers looking to fly with EasyJet, navigating the airport can seem overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created the ultimate guide to EasyJet at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport. Whether you’re a first time traveler or a seasoned pro, this guide will provide you all the information you need to have a hassle-free experience at the airport. From check-in and boarding to navigating the airport and finding your gate, everything is covered below.
EasyJet passengers can check in online or at the airport. Online check-in opens 30 days before departure and closes two hours before departure. At the airport, you can use the self-service kiosks or check in with a staff member at the check-in desk. To check-in at the airport –
- Head to the EasyJet check-in desks at the airport and present your travel documents, including your passport and booking confirmation.
- Collect your boarding pass and proceed to the baggage drop off area.
- If you have checked luggage, you can drop it off at the bag drop area after you have checked in.
- Follow the signs to the bag drop area and present your luggage and boarding pass to the EasyJet staff.
- After you have checked-in and dropped off your luggage, you can proceed to the security checkpoint.
- Make sure you have all necessary documents, such as your boarding pass and passport, ready for inspection.
EasyJet has strict baggage allowances, so make sure you understand the rules before you pack. Each passenger is allowed one cabin bag, which must fit in the overhead compartment and weigh no more than 8 kg. You can also bring a small personal item, like a purse or laptop bag. If you need to check a bag, you’ll need to pay a fee.
To submit your checked baggage at the airport for EasyJet Airlines, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you know your baggage allowance for your EasyJet flight. You can find this information on your booking confirmation or by visiting the EasyJet website.
- Arrive at the airport with plenty of time before your flight.
- Check the departure screens for your flight information and follow the signs to the EasyJet check-in area.
- Present your booking confirmation and travel documents, such as your passport, at the EasyJet check-in counter.
- You will need to declare any checked baggage and pay any fees if applicable.
- The EasyJet staff will weigh your bags and attach luggage tags with your flight information.
- Once you have checked-in your baggage, follow the signs to the bag drop area.
- Show your boarding pass and passport to the EasyJet staff and leave your bags with them.
- You should receive a receipt or confirmation that your bags have been checked-in.
- After you have checked-in your bags, proceed to the security checkpoint.
- Make sure you have all necessary documents, such as your boarding pass and passport, ready for inspection.
- Once you have passed through security, proceed to your gate for boarding.
- You will need to present your boarding pass and passport to the gate staff before you board your EasyJet flight.
It’s always a good idea to check the EasyJet website or contact their customer service for any specific requirements or restrictions for checked baggage.
EasyJet uses a boarding system based on assigned groups, which are printed on your boarding pass. Boarding typically starts 30 minutes before departure, so make sure you arrive at the gate with plenty of time to spare.
EasyJet is a budget airline, so don’t expect luxury amenities on board. However, you can purchase food and drinks during the flight, and there is a selection of in-flight entertainment available on some flights.
EasyJet Arrivals at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal B for arrivals at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport. In some cases this terminal can change, you can check the terminal with your airline here.
Passengers can go to the baggage claim area to get their checked luggage, if any, after clearing immigration and customs. After that, customers can leave the terminal and travel to their destination via public transportation, taxi, or ride-sharing.
EasyJet Departures from Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal B for arrivals at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport. In some cases this terminal can change, you can check the terminal with your airline here. The EasyJet Airlines check-in desks in the Terminal B Departures area are where travelers can check in for their departure.
Passengers can head to their departure gate, which is also in Terminal B, after checking in and completing security. To enable time for check-in, security, and any other necessary processes, it’s crucial to get to the airport well before your scheduled departure time.
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Parking
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers several parking options for travelers, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as a covered parking garage.
- The short-term parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, and is suitable for stays of up to four hours. The parking rates are hourly, and there is a maximum daily rate.
- The long-term parking area is located a short distance from the terminal, and is suitable for longer stays. The parking rates are charged per day, and there is a maximum rate for extended stays.
- In addition to these options, there is also a covered parking garage located near the terminal. This option is ideal for travelers who want to park their car in a secure and protected environment. The parking garage is open 24 hours a day and offers both short-term and long-term parking options.
- Overall, Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of different travelers. Passengers are advised to book their parking in advance, especially during peak travel times, to ensure availability and to take advantage of any available discounts
Car Rental Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
If you are looking to rent a car at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport, there are several car rental companies available at the airport, including Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and Budget, among others.
To rent a car, you can either book online in advance or visit one of the car rental counters located in the arrival halls of the Terminal B of the airport.
When renting a car, you will need to provide a valid driver’s license, a credit card for payment and a passport or identity card as proof of identification. Additionally, some car rental companies may require you to be at least 21 years old to rent a car and have held your driver’s license for a minimum amount of time.
Hotels Near Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
There are several hotels near Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport. Here are a few options:
- ibis budget Biarritz Merignac– This hotel is located directly at Terminal B and offers direct access to the airport’s train station. It features soundproofed rooms, a fitness center, and several restaurants and bars.
- Merignac– This hotel is connected to Terminal B via a pedestrian bridge and offers soundproof rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant with views of the airport’s runways.
- Small oasis with swimming pool – This trendy hotel is located just a 10-minute walk from Terminal B and offers modern rooms, a 24-hour bar, and a fitness center.
- Brindos, Lake & Castle– This hotel is located just a few minutes’ drive from the airport and offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport. It features modern rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant serving international cuisine.
- Residence THE CRUISE – This budget-friendly hotel is located just a 5-minute drive from the airport and offers basic rooms with private bathrooms, a 24-hour front desk, and a bar.
To request a cancellation of an EasyJet flight at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the EasyJet check-in desk or customer service desk at the airport terminal.
- You can ask for directions from any airport staff member if you’re not sure where to find it.
- When you reach the desk, present your booking details, including your flight number, booking reference number, and personal identification documents like your passport or ID card.
- Let the EasyJet staff member know that you want to cancel your flight.
- They will then check your booking details and inform you of any cancellation fees or refunds you are entitled to.
- Once you agree to any cancellation fees, the staff will assist you in completing the cancellation process. They will also issue any refunds or vouchers, if applicable.
To book a flight with EasyJet Airlines at the airport, you can follow these steps –
- Find an EasyJet Airlines ticket counter at the airport. This can usually be found in the terminal where the airline operates or in the check-in area.
- Approach the ticket counter and provide your travel details, such as your destination, travel dates, and number of passengers.
- The EasyJet Airlines representative will check the availability of flights and provide you with options based on your preferences.
- Once you have chosen your desired flight, the representative will ask for your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, and contact information.
- The representative will then process your booking and issue a ticket for your flight. You may be required to pay for the ticket at the time of booking, or you may be given the option to pay at a later time.
- After your booking is complete, the representative will provide you with your flight details, including your flight number, departure time, and gate number.
- Finally, make sure to confirm your baggage allowance and any other important information related to your flight, such as check-in time and boarding procedures.
Other Additional Facilities at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport is one of the busiest airports in Europe, serving millions of passengers every year. In addition to its excellent transportation links and extensive retail and dining options, Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers a range of additional facilities to enhance the passenger experience. Some of these facilities include:
Passengers who require medical assistance or advice can visit the Airport Clinic during its opening hours. The clinic is open every day from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Outside of these hours, passengers can contact the airport’s first aid service, which is available 24/7.
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport provides prayer rooms for passengers who wish to pray or meditate in a quiet and peaceful environment. There are several prayer rooms available at the airport, which are located throughout the terminal building and can be accessed by all passengers regardless of their religion or belief..
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport provides dedicated baby rooms for parents traveling with young children. These rooms are designed to offer a comfortable and private space for parents to tend to their babies’ needs, including feeding, diaper changing, and resting.
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers a VIP lounge, which provides a comfortable and relaxing environment for passengers to wait for their flights. The lounge is open to all passengers, regardless of airline or class of travel, and can be accessed by purchasing a pass or through membership in a lounge program. The VIP lounge at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers a range of amenities, including comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, refreshments, and light snacks. There are also newspapers and magazines available for guests to read, as well as a TV with international channels.
Kids’ Play Areas
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers a designated children’s play area, which is located in the public area of Terminal B, near the food court. The play area is designed for children between the ages of 2 and 6 years old and features various play equipment, including a climbing structure, slides, and interactive games.
The smoking lounges at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport are equipped with ventilation systems to ensure that smoke does not affect other areas of the airport. These lounges are located in both the departures and arrivals areas of the airport, and are accessible to all passengers who wish to use them. However, it’s worth noting that smoking in public areas of the airport is strictly prohibited, and violators may face fines or other penalties.
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport offers free Wi-Fi access to all passengers throughout the terminal building. The Wi-Fi network is available 24/7 and is easy to connect to. Once you are in the airport, simply look for the “Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport” Wi-Fi network on your device and select it. You will then be prompted to enter your email address and accept the terms and conditions of use before being granted access to the internet.
These are just some of the additional facilities available at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport to enhance the passenger experience.
In conclusion, EasyJet’s move to Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Terminal B has brought about a number of improvements for passengers. The new terminal boasts modern facilities, a spacious check-in area, and an efficient security process, making the overall travel experience smoother and more comfortable. Additionally, the new location allows for easier access to public transportation, providing greater convenience for those traveling to and from the airport.
ContactForSupport helps you resolve all your travel related concerns and queries about the EasyJet Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Terminal. We assist passengers with online phone directory service for all the airlines, airports, travel agencies, home security and more. For all assistance, our lines are open 24*7 a week, 365 days a year.
Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
EasyJet Airlines operates out of Terminal B at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (BOD). You may need to check the flight information displays at the airport or contact the airline directly to confirm your flight’s terminal and gate information.
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal B for arrivals at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (BOD). However, it’s always best to double-check your flight’s arrival terminal using the airport’s website or by contacting the airline directly, as terminal assignments can sometimes change.
EasyJet Airlines uses Terminal B for departures from Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (BOD). However, it’s always best to double-check your flight’s Departure terminal using the airport’s website or by contacting the airline directly, as terminal assignments can sometimes change.
The time it takes to clear immigration at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport varies, but it typically takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
The parking rates at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport range from €6 for 1 hour in the P Express car park to €30 for 24 hours in the P4 Longue Durée car park.
The cost of access to the lounge at Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport varies depending on the lounge and the duration of the stay, but prices start at around 28 euros.
There are multiple car rental companies located at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport (BOD), including Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and Budget.
Terminals A and B are connected via a covered walkway, while the low-cost carrier terminal Billi is located separately and is connected to the other terminals by shuttle buses.
You can contact Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport customer service through their website or by phone.
There are several hotels located near Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport, including the Novotel Bordeaux Airport and the ibis budget Bordeaux Aeroport.
There are several restaurants in Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport, including Burger King, Starbucks, La Pausa, and So!Coffee.
You can contact Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport lost and found baggage through their online form on their website.
Yes, Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport has ATM machines available for use.
EasyJet Airlines flight tickets can be canceled at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport by contacting the airline’s customer service or using their online platform.
The time it takes to check in at Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport varies depending on the airline and time of day.