Travel wisely. Use our handy guide to the Delta Airlines JFK Terminal services you can expect at John F Kenedy international, and start your trip hassle-free.
JFK Airport Guide for Delta Airlines
Passengers arriving at the John F Kennedy international airport have access to the following service at the time of travel –
- Airport location – John F. Kennedy International Airport New York, NY 11830
- Terminal for Delta Airlines – Terminals 2 or 4
- John F Kennedy International Airport Code – JFK
- Ticket counter hours for Delta Airlines – Terminal 2 or 4. Daily 8.30 am – 10.30 pm
- When to arrive at the airport to board Delta Airlines – If traveling with a checked bag, international travel counter assistance, you must arrive 2 hours before the scheduled departure. For travel without bags or needing Delta Airlines counter assistance, arrive 1.5 hours before the scheduled departure.
- JFK Delta Check-in – Pre-check service is open between 08.30 am – 11.00 am and 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm.
Baggage Drop Area and Claim Counter
- Drop Area – If you have baggage to check in drop it at the Delta Airlines baggage counter located at Terminals 2 or 4. The counter opens 3 hours before the scheduled departure but not before 05.30 am. The Airline accepts checked baggage 30 minutes before departure. The Airline accepts debit/credit cards at the John F Kennedy international airport.
- Claim Baggage- Delta Airlines has been allotted carousel 5 at Terminals 2 & 4. Passengers can claim baggage 80 minutes after arrival. Checked baggage will be accepted during ticket counter hours only – and no more than 8 hours before the scheduled departure.
Delta Airlines Check-In
- Delta Airlines check-in cut-off – A valid boarding pass must be issued and all baggage would be received by Delta Airlines prior to the check-in and boarding cut-off times at JFK airport.
- Ticket counter check-in – Customer care representatives of Delta Airlines at JFK airport Delta Airlines terminal are always available to help you get started with the check-in if you are traveling with a paper ticket. Or, in case you need a little additional assistance on the day of departure.
- Kiosk check-in – Check in yourself using the Delta Airlines check-in kiosk located at the John F Kennedy international airport terminal.
- Payment at the airport – Delta Airlines does not accept cash payments at JFK airport. Please check with the Delta Airlines staff at the airport to find out if options are available to convert cash to debit/credit cards.
Delta Airlines JFK Terminal Boarding Details
- Security – You must enter airport security at least 85 minutes before the Delta Airlines flight departs.
- Boarding – You must be at the gate no later than 30 minutes before the flight departs. If Delta Airlines has your contact details, you will be contacted when it is about to close. The airline would not delay the aircraft’s departure to cater to the late passengers.
- Pre-boarding – If you want to take advantage of the pre-boarding for Delta Airlines, passengers must arrive at the gate early. Pre-boarding is available to –
- Families with infants and small children
- Passengers flying with disability or mobility assistance
- Priority boarding – Delta Airlines’ priority boarding service is available to –
- Passengers traveling in First, and Business Class are offered by Airline.
- Unaccompanied minors.
Please note – You can use the priority lane to board anytime if you arrive after your priority group has been called.
Immigration at Delta Airlines JFK International Airport
You can utilize an Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosk to expedite immigration if you are flying into JFK airport Terminal 2 & 4 for Delta Airlines. This facility is available to US or Canadian passport holders, a passenger traveling with a B1/B2 tourist visa, or traveling under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program.
You can use the APC kiosk to scan your passport, snap a picture, and respond to a series of customs-related questions rather than filling out a paper customs form. To complete your entry documents for the USA, kindly present your receipt and passport to a US Customs and Border Patrol agent.
Find out everything you need to know about the Delta Airlines connections/stopover, including travel to and from JFK international airport.
If you need additional help with travel. For instance, getting through the airport, boarding Delta Airlines, or rewatching through travel connections. In this case, please let the Airline know 88 hours before the scheduled departure via the ‘Manage Booking’ section or by calling.
Getting to the Delta Airlines JFK International Terminal –
- Train – Both the Long Island Rail Road and the JFK AirTrain provide a rail network into Manhattan. All terminals at John F Kennedy are AirTrain stations. The trip takes about 35 minutes from JFK airport to Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Taxis – Each JFK airport terminal’s arrivals section has a taxi stand outside. Depending on traffic, it takes between 80 and 90 minutes to reach the downtown area.
- Bus from JFK International Airport – Bus departs every 10 minutes to and from the Main Terminal area. Bus passes and arrives at the Express bus stop at each terminal. The journey time is around 85 minutes.
Services offered by Delta Airlines at the John F Kennedy International Airport
Following services offered by Delta Airlines at Terminal 2 & 4 of the Newyork’s JFK airport –
- ATM Kiosk
- Free WiFi access at the Delta Airlines Terminal area
- Cargo services
- Delta Airlines business lounge
- Kids area
- Infant’s nursing center
- Family restrooms
- Power points at the gate and the terminal area
- Security pre-check
Delta Airlines John F. Kennedy International Airport : Location Map
People who praise Delta Airlines know exactly their level of customer service at the John F. Kennedy International Airport Terminal, as the airline offers seamless travel from point 1 to point B. The airline offers beyond a basic experience, but there are unwelcoming costs if you forgot to print the boarding pass.
All things considered, there are a lot of reasons that continuously put Delta Airline’s in the hot seat when it comes to consumer satisfaction. Ticketing options are limited but there are minimal additional surcharges and in-flight facilities are royally decent. Furthermore, the prevailing consensus of flying Delta Airline’s appears to be: always preferable.
If you’re searching for a particularly low fare, don’t expect uber-luxury amenities but standard ones. Now is the time to book a Delta Airlines flight!
If you purchase a flight at the Delta Airlines John F. Kennedy International Airport terminal you may end up paying a little extra!
Delta Airlines JFK Airport Terminal 4 : Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Delta Airlines uses Terminals 2 & 4 at John F Kennedy international airport. You can access all Delta Airlines services from this terminal such as complimentary WiFi, free access to the lounge for premium class and frequent flyer members, priority boarding, and more.
To figure out the terminal for Delta Airlines, check out the flight confirmation email. You can also access the same details through the Delta Airlines Manage Booking section or by calling Delta Airlines customer service.
The Delta Airlines departure/arrival terminals for international and domestic destinations are 2 or 4 at JFK Airport. Numerous stores offering excellent services to customers may be found at this terminal.
Delta JFK Airport Arrivals Terminal 2 serves Delta Airlines flights. Passengers can board their plane from C60 to the C70 gate.