Cathay Dragon, also known as Dragon Air is the Hong Kong-based international regional airline operating from its primary hub of Hong Kong international airport. It is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Hong Kong’s national carrier Cathay Pacific Airlines. The airlines have a fleet of 48 aircraft, consisting of A320s, A321a, and A330s. The airlines operate its scheduled passenger network to 47 destinations in 14 countries. Out of that Cathay Dragon serves 22 destinations in mainland China. Being a One World Alliance member, the airline has a codeshare agreement with airlines across the globe including Air Canada, Finnair, and Qantas.
Cathay Dragon Reservation
Flying with Cathay Dragon offers an easy, one-stop-shop for reservations, manage bookings, check-in, and much more. Let’s understand in details about it :
- Manage your booking – Everything you need to set up for a trip is available by navigating to the ‘Manage Booking’ section that helps you select or change your seat, request special meals and services. In addition, one can simply take a charge of their reservation by simply canceling or changing the reservation.
- Check-in Online – Passengers can check-in online or via a mobile app for either your Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon reservations. It is easy to navigate and with just a few clicks one can have their check-in done as well as get their boarding pass printed.
- See flight status – Keep up to date with your travel alerts and receive useful reminders about your flight schedule via text, email, or a phone call. Do not bother about making pesky calls to the airline which could be time-consuming rather click on the ‘Flight Status’ link. You can check the latest status for flights departing in the past four days, and the next six days. Just enter your flight number along with the departure date and click on the ‘Check Status’ button to stay updated with your travel schedule.
Cathay Dragon Ticket Booking
Cathay Dragon Flight Classes
- First Class – In Cathay Dragon First Class, you’ll enjoy world-class standards of experience, including a spacious cabin, a flat-bed seat, enhanced entertainment, and personalized services. Some of the perks include :
- Faster security check-in
- Priority boarding
- Exclusive lounge access
- World-class dining experience
- An in-flight superior experience
- Business Class – Cathay Dragon Business Class offers a superior inflight experience where you can work, relax, and enjoy international standards of quality services. Soekm of the perks include :
- Dedicated Business Class counters for check-in
- Exclusive lounge access
- A comfortable personal space to work and relax
- Fine food and an award-winning selection of wines
- Economy Class – Cathay Dragon Economy Class comes with a wider seat with a ‘gooseneck’ headrest with enough legroom. Passengers can rest in great comfort and enjoy international standards of quality services such as :
- No rush at Cathay Dragon Check-in counters
- Comfort and convenience available with wider legroom seat
- Complimentary WiFi and in-flight entertainment up to 300 hours
- Complimentary meals service on all domestic and international flight networks
Cathay Dragon Baggage Policy
- Cabin Baggage – On international and domestic flights, the Economy Class travelers are allowed to carry one carry-on bag up to 7 kg, the Business Class allows 10 kg, and the First Class allows 15 kg. The maximum dimension of the carry-on bag must not exceed 56 x 36 x 23 cm.
- Check-in Baggage – The airlines allows two checked bags for free, irrespective of the class of service booked. Any additional baggage would cost 150 USD with Cathay Dragon. In Economy Class, the weight of each checked bag should not be more than 30 kg. In Business and First Class, the weight of the checked baggage must not exceed 40 kg and 50 kg respectively.
Cathay Dragon Airlines Contact Number
Don’t feel comfortable booking your Cathay Dragon reservation online? We believe it should not be an obstacle, as our Travel Ninjas would be happy to help you with all the travel assistance you required. Reach out to us at our 24*7 Cathay Dragon reservation help-desk. Our travel experts not only help you find the cheap flight ticket but also help you in making the changes or cancellation to an existing reservation.
Cathay Dragon Airlines – Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to know about the Cathay Dragon cancellation policy?
Cathay Dragon charged 300 USD as a cancel fee for all the international reservations. The airline would not issue a refund rather a travel credit of the same ticket amount which needs to be redeemed by the passenger within a year from the date of cancellation. If the passenger is booking a new reservation with a travel credit and the fare of the new reservation is on the higher side, the passenger needs to pay the fare difference. If the new fare is lower than the travel credit, that the remaining difference would be forfeited by the airline.
How many tickets can I book online at the Cathay Dragon website?
Cathay Dragon allows a maximum of nine passengers under a single booking reference and transaction.
How can I purchase a seat for an infant?
Cathay Dragon allows infants who are 14 days old until their second birthday, at the time of the travel, for free if they are traveling in the parent’s/guardian’s lap. If any passengers need to buy a car-kit or toddler seat for their baby under 2 years old, they need to pay a fee which is 10% of the adult’s base fare. Passengers also need to show the infant’s birth certificate as an age-proof at the time of check-in.
How do I pay for the Cathay Dragon booking purchased online?
Cathay Dragon accepts the credit and debit card from VISA, MasterCard, Diners Club, and JCB. In addition, passengers can also pay using UPI payment methods such as PayPal, AliPay, WeChat, and PayU.
Can I book a Cathay Dragon flight for another passenger?
You can pay for another passenger on a condition that the debit or credit card must be authenticated by ‘Verified by Visa’ or MasterCard. If not, the cardholder need to present the physical card for verification at the time of check-in.