At Austrian Airlines WAW Airport, the airline strives to provide you with a seamless and comfortable travel experience. As the national airline of Austria, the airline takes pride in offering our passengers world-class service, state-of-the-art aircraft, and a commitment to excellence that is unmatched in the industry.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, the team of dedicated professionals is here to ensure that your journey with the airline is a smooth and enjoyable one. From the moment you arrive at WAW Airport, you can expect personalised service and attention to detail that will make you feel right at home.
Overview of the Austrian Airlines WAW Terminal
Austrian Airlines operates out of Terminal A at Warsaw Chopin Airport in Warsaw. This terminal is a modern and spacious facility that offers a range of amenities and services to make your travel experience as comfortable as possible.
When you arrive at Terminal A, you’ll find plenty of options for dining, shopping, and relaxation. There are numerous restaurants and cafes where you can grab a bite to eat or a drink before your flight, as well as duty-free shops where you can purchase gifts and souvenirs.
|Airport Location||Żwirki i Wigury, 00-001 Warsaw, Poland|
|Terminal||Austrian Airlines operates at Terminal A|
|Airline IATA Code||OS|
|Ticket counter hours for Austrian Airlines||24*7 a week|
|Check-in counter||In general, the check-in counter at Warsaw Chopin Airport would depend on the airline you are flying with and your destination|
WAW Airport Map
You can check the WAW Airport website for maps and other helpful information regarding terminals, parking, transportation, and more.
WAW Airport Parking
- Warsaw Chopin Airport Parking has 3,240 spaces in three parking areas (P1, P2, P4, Premium Car Park and Bus Terminal) and 89 additional spaces in the Kiss & Fly Zone.
- Please note that P3 parking is closed to passengers.
- Kiss and Fly : Stopping in front of Warsaw Airport Terminal is permitted for a short duration, only to drop off passengers and bags. Location:
– AB zone: There is a single bay on access road A.
– CDE zone: There are a couple of bays on access road A and two additional bays on access road B. Fares– Up to 7 minutes: Free, – 7 to 15 minutes: PLN , – More than 15 minutes: PLN 1 per minute.
- Premium Car Park : This is the highest standard car park in Warsaw Chopin Airport. It includes 58 guarded parking lots. It has a cost of PLN 30 for each voucher. Fares– 30 minutes: PLN 20
– Up to 60 minutes: PLN 35
– Each additional hour or part thereof: PLN 15
– 1 day: PLN 230
– 2 days: PLN 310
– 3 days: PLN 390
How to get a Boarding Pass at Austrian Airlines WAW Terminal?
To get a boarding pass with Austrian Airlines at WAW Terminal, you can follow these steps:
- You can check-in for your Austrian Airlines flight online, on the Austrian Airlines mobile app, or at the check-in counter at WAW Terminal.
- If you have checked-in online or on the mobile app, you can go directly to the baggage drop-off counter, which is located near the check-in counters.
- If you need to check-in at the airport, go to the Austrian Airlines check-in counter, which is located at Terminal A.
- Present your passport and flight confirmation to the check-in agent, who will print your boarding pass and check your baggage.
- If you have already checked in online or on the mobile app, you can use the self-service kiosks at the airport to print your boarding pass and baggage tags.
- Once you have your boarding pass, proceed to the security checkpoint and then to your gate.
It’s recommended to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time to allow enough time for check-in and security procedures.
Car Rentals at WAW Airport
WAW Airport has several car rental companies located on-site at the airport, including:
All of these car rental companies have counters located in the arrivals area of each terminal, and their rental cars are parked in designated areas in the airport’s parking lots. Some car rental companies also offer shuttle service to and from the airport terminals.
To rent a car at WAW Airport, you can either make a reservation in advance or visit the car rental counter upon arrival at the airport. To ensure that you get the best rates and availability, it is recommended that you make a reservation in advance.
When renting a car, be sure to bring a valid driver’s licence, a credit card in the driver’s name, and any additional documentation or information required by the rental company. You can find more information about car rentals at WAW Airport on the airport’s official website.
Hotels Near WAW Airport
There are several hotels near Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW) that cater to travelers. Here are a few options:
- Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw Airport – This hotel is located one mile from WAW and offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It features a fitness centre, an on-site restaurant, and modern rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Renaissance Warsaw Airport Hotel – This hotel is also located just one mile from WAW and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It offers a fitness centre, on-site restaurant and bar, and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
- Mokotow Passion Apartment – This hotel is located three miles from WAW and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It offers a fitness centre, an on-site restaurant, and comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Airport Hotel Okecie – This hotel is located just three miles from WAW and provides a complimentary shuttle service to the airport. It features a fitness centre, free breakfast, and cosy rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
These are just a few options, and there are many more hotels near WAW to choose from depending on your WAW get and preferences.
Austrian Airlines Arrivals at WAW Airport
Typically, Terminal A is where Austrian Airlines planes land atWarsaw Chopin Airport (WAW). After arrival, travelers must complete the proper paperwork at immigration and customs before leaving the terminal. Terminal may alter in some circumstances. To check your flight’s arrival status, click here.
Passengers can go to the baggage claim area to get their checked luggage, if any, after clearing immigration and customs. After that, customers can leave the terminal and travel to their destination via public transportation, taxi, or ride-sharing.
Austrian Airlines Departures at WAW Airport
Typically, Terminal A is where Austrian Airlines flights from Rinas’s Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW) depart. The Austrian Airlines check-in desks in Terminal A A’s Departures area are where travelers can check in for their departure.
Passengers can head to their departure gate, which is also in Terminal A, after checking in and completing security. To enable time for check-in, security, and any other necessary processes, it’s crucial to get to the airport well before your scheduled departure time. In some cases, the terminal may change. To check your flight’s departure status, click here.
WAW Airport Terminal Map
Services Offered By Austrian Airlines at WAW Airport
However, here are some of the services that Austrian Airlines typically offers to passengers at the WAW terminal –
Check-in – Austrian Airlines operates check-in counters at WAW airport to facilitate the check-in process for passengers. However, we can provide you with general information on the check-in process for Austrian Airlines.
- Self-service check-in kiosks – At the airport, you can use the self-service check-in kiosks to check in for your flight. The kiosks are usually located near the Austrian Airlines check-in counter or desk. To complete the check-in process with Austrian Airlines via self-service check-in kiosk, please follow these steps:
- Locate the self-service check-in kiosk at the airport. The kiosks are usually located in the check-in area of the terminal.
- Touch the screen to start the check-in process.
- Enter your booking reference or e-ticket number. You can find this information on your booking confirmation or e-ticket.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your seat and any other optional services that you may require, such as extra baggage or special meals.
- Once you have completed the check-in process, the kiosk will print your boarding pass. Make sure to check the boarding pass for the correct flight details and seat assignment.
- If you have any checked baggage, you can then proceed to the bag drop-off counter to check in your bags.
- If you have no checked baggage or have already checked them in, proceed directly to the security checkpoint with your boarding pass and any carry-on luggage.
- Have a safe and enjoyable flight with Austrian Airlines!
- Check-in counter or desk – If you prefer to check-in in person, you can visit the Austrian Airlines check-in counter or desk at WAW Terminal. Here, an Austrian Airlines representative will assist you with the check-in process and issue your boarding pass. To complete check-in with Austrian Airlines at the airport, please follow these general steps:
- Locate the Austrian Airlines check-in counters at the airport. These are usually situated in the departure hall or terminal.
- Make sure you have all the required travel documents with you, including your passport or ID card, travel itinerary, and any necessary visas.
- Join the appropriate queue for your class of travel or the type of check-in service you have purchased.
- Once you reach the front of the queue, present your travel documents and any baggage you need to check-in to the airline staff. They will weigh your baggage and check it in if necessary.
- If you have any special requests or requirements, such as wheelchair assistance, dietary needs, or seat preferences, inform the airline staff at this time.
- Receive your boarding pass from the airline staff. This pass will indicate your flight number, departure gate, and boarding time.
- Proceed to the security checkpoint with your boarding pass and travel documents to complete the airport security screening.
- After passing through security, proceed to your departure gate and board your flight at the designated time.
It is important to arrive at the airport with plenty of time to complete check-in, security screening, and other pre-flight procedures. Austrian Airlines recommends arriving at least 2 hours before your scheduled departure time for European flights and 3 hours before for intercontinental flights.
Seat Upgradation – If you have booked a flight with Austrian Airlines and are interested in upgrading your seat at WAW Airport, you should inquire about availability and pricing at the check-in counter or the airline’s customer service desk. In addition –
- The availability of seat upgrades may depend on the type of ticket you purchased, your frequent flyer status, and other factors.
- It’s also worth noting that Austrian Airlines may offer its passengers the opportunity to bid on seat upgrades through its bidding system.
- This system allows passengers to bid on available upgrades, and the highest bidder may be awarded the upgrade.
Baggage Counter – Austrian Airlines provides baggage services at Terminal A, including baggage check-in, lost and found, and baggage storage.
- Once you are in Terminal A, follow the signs to the Austrian Airlines check-in area.
- The baggage counter will be located there, and you can check your bags and obtain your boarding pass.
However, it’s always a good idea to check with Austrian Airlines or WAW Airport’s official website for the most up-to-date information on the baggage counter location and any potential changes.
WAW Airport Lounges -Austrian Airlines operates a lounge (Lufthansa senator lounge) at WAW Terminal A for its premium passengers, including Business Class passengers, Miles & More status holders, and Star Alliance Gold members.
- The Austrian Airlines lounge is located after security, near Gate 3. The lounge is open daily from 08:30 am until 8:30 pm.
- The lounge features comfortable seating, complimentary Wi-Fi, a selection of snacks and beverages, and shower facilities.
- Guests can also enjoy a variety of hot and cold food options, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- In addition to these amenities, the Austrian Airlines lounge also provides guests with access to newspapers, magazines, and television programming.
- Passengers can also take advantage of the lounge’s business centre, which includes computers, printers, and other office equipment.
Immigration – The immigration counter at Austrian Airlines WAW Terminal is staffed by officers from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency. The immigration process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the number of passengers and the complexity of each case.
Security Pre-Check – Before entering the security checkpoint at Austrian Airlines WAW Terminal, passengers are required to present a valid government-issued ID, such as a driver’s licence or passport, and their boarding pass.
Ticket Cancellation – You can reach out to the airline’s customer service department to inquire about the cancellation and any available options. With Austrian airlines, passengers may cancel their flight booking up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. To cancel your flight ticket with Austrian Airlines at the airport, you should follow these steps:
- Locate the Austrian Airlines counter at the airport. You can ask for directions from the information desk or airport staff.
- Approach the counter and provide your flight details and personal identification, such as your passport or ID card.
- Inform the airline representative that you want to cancel your flight ticket.
- The representative will ask for the reason for the cancellation and may provide you with options, such as rescheduling your flight or getting a refund.
- If you choose to get a refund, the representative will guide you through the refund process and provide you with the necessary forms to fill out.
- Once the refund process is complete, the airline will cancel your ticket, and you will receive a confirmation email or message.
It is important to note that cancellation fees may apply, and the amount will depend on the type of ticket you purchased and the airline’s policy.
Austrian Airlines WAW Terminal provides a top notch travel experience for passengers traveling to and from Rinas. With its modern facilities, comfortable seating, and exceptional customer service, passengers are sure to enjoy a stress-free journey. The airline’s commitment to safety and on-time performance also ensures that passengers arrive at their destination on schedule.
Furthermore, the airline’s partnership with Star Alliance allows passengers to access a vast network of routes and benefits, making it a preferred choice for frequent flyers. Overall, Austrian Airlines WAW Terminal is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality travel experience.
Travel can be stressful and confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the process. ContactForSupport can offer support and guidance to passengers, helping them navigate the travel experience and address any concerns or questions that arise.
Warsaw Chopin Airport : Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Austrian Airlines uses Terminal A at Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW).
The terminal for WAW International arrivals depends on the airline and origin of the flight. You can check your airline’s website or contact them directly to find out which terminal your flight will arrive at.
Austrian Airlines departs from Terminal A at WAW airport. Terminal A is located on the north side of the airport and serves several international airlines. It’s recommended to confirm your departure terminal with the airline or check your flight itinerary before arriving at the airport.
The parking rates at WAW airport vary depending on the lot and duration of parking. It’s best to check the official WAW airport website for the most up-to-date pricing information.
WAW airport has several car rental companies, including Alamo Rent a Car, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Sixt
There is at least one currency exchange desk located in the terminal building of Warsaw Chopin Airport in Austria. The exchange desk provides services for exchanging foreign currencies to Euros and vice versa.
Yes, WAW airport has several on-site hotels located within the airport complex. These hotels are convenient for passengers who have long layovers or early morning flights.
You can cancel your Austrian Airlines flight tickets at WAW Airport either online, by telephone or in-person at the Austrian Airlines ticket counter or customer service desk. Be sure to review your ticket’s terms and conditions before canceling, and don’t hesitate to contact the airline directly with any questions or concerns.