Facebook is a free social networking website where users can share a photograph, share a link to some interesting content, chat online, watch video, comment on post and even stream live video.
The Facebook website was launched in February 2004 as a school based social network by Mark Zuckerberg along with his Harvard college friends Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The creators at the beginning limited the membership to only Harvard college students. Only students with Harvard college email address connected to the college network could join Facebook. Later expanding it to Boston area and then to Ivy Leagues school and Stanford University. By 2006, anyone who claims to be 13 years or above can join and register to Facebook overtaking MySpace as the most popular social networking website in the world with its 12 million active users.
Facebook offers a vast array of features to its user and some of the key features are:
- It allow the user to upload pictures and create photo albums that can be shared with your family and friends with privacy filter or you can all everyone to see the pictures.
- Facebook Connect allows other websites to connect with Facebook and making it a universal login service such as connecting to online games using your Facebook account or logging into other social media site like instagram etc.
- It allows the user to public features where you can create groups/ page/ events and pages so that people with common interest can find each other and interact.
- It allows you to maintain a friend list where you can control who can view your profile through the privacy settings.
- It offers online chat interaction with friends and to post comments on your friends wall page.
- Live video streaming is available in Facebook.
Facebook offers a list of privacy options too to its users. A user can make all his communication with his friends visible to anyone online or he can make it visible to anyone but block some specific connection or he can make all his communication with his friends private and no one will be able to view it. Users can also choose whether or not if they are searchable, decide which post on their wall are for public or only friends, decide what not to post on their wall and which people can view the post. For some user who does not wish that their communication with some friends be public, there is a private message feature which closely resembles an email.
For any technical support with account log-in, resetting the password of the account, account hacked issue, etc. Contact the toll free number at 1-800-457-9037. For any other help and support, you can visit the Facebook Help Page at https://www.facebook.com/help/ and some more helpful ways to contact support team is http://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Facebook
Login Page: https://www.facebook.com/
Customer Support Number: +1-877-346-1604