Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is one of the prominent international airports in the US. Located halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth, it runs hundreds of flights each day operated by 24 airlines approximately, including Spirit Airlines.
Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal provides a wide array of facilities and is distinguished as a low-fare carrier in the US. The airline flies to over 83 destinations with DFW as its primary base. There are other key aspects like amenities, travel guidelines, terminal map & more for easy navigation to make flyers’ experience comfortable.
Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal- General Information
Flyers must know the specific details, like address, phone number, terminal number, location, etc. before flying through Spirit Terminal at DFW:
|Airport||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport|
|Airport Address||2400 Aviation Dr, DFW Airport, TX 75261, United States|
|Airport Contact Number||+1 972-973-3112|
|Airlines Operating||Spirit Airlines|
|Spirit Airlines Terminal at DFW||Terminal E|
|Terminal E Location||On the east side of the airport|
|DFW Spirit Ticket Counter Hours||Mon-Fri (Closed Sat & Sun): 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 a.m.|
What terminal is Spirit at DFW?
Spirit Airlines operates via Terminal E at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). Although, Terminal D is also used at times. Both terminals are located at the ground level of the airport, where Terminal E comprises 26 gates and is present on the east side at the ground level & Terminal D consists of 28 gates and is present on the west side.
Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal Arrivals
Spirit primarily uses Terminal E for arrivals at DFW. While Terminal D is also used for some flights at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport.
Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal Departures
Spirit Airlines uses Terminal E for departures from DFW Airport.
Please note that the Spirit arrival & departure terminal at DFW can change. You must check here for the most up-to-date details.
Navigating through Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal Map
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport comprises five primary terminals- A, B, C, D, and E. Spirit typically operates from Terminal D and E. For easy navigation across the terminals, you must refer to the given terminal map.
How early should one arrive at Spirit Airlines Dallas Terminal?
Travelers must reach Spirit DFW Terminal at the following estimated arrival timings:
|Flight Type||Time to arrive|
|For Domestic Flights||Up to 2 hours before departure|
|International Flights||Up to 3 hours before departure|
It is recommended to reach DFW Airport Spirit Terminal at least 2-3 hours before the scheduled flight departure. The exact airport arrival time depends on the final destination. Ensure to arrive timely to fulfill the TSA security screening obligations and check in your baggage at least 45 minutes before the flight.
How to book a flight to fly through Spirit at DFW Airport?
The carrier allows travelers to book flights via mobile app and website. Moreover, for last-minute flight bookings, travelers can head to Spirit Airlines Dallas Fort Worth terminal. Here are the steps you must follow to book a flight at the airport:
- Visit the Spirit Airlines DFW ticket counter or check-in counter located at Terminal E.
- Reach out to the airline representatives.
- Share desired travel dates, number of passengers, destination, etc.
- The representatives will confirm the availability of flights based on travel preferences.
- Submit travel documents and identity proofs of the passengers in the booking.
- Confirm the desired flight and pay the necessary charges for flight reservations.
- You will receive reservation confirmation and PNR number after payment is confirmed.
You can contact with Spirit Airlines office in Houston, Texas for any other flight booking-related queries.
How to request check-in at Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal?
Spirit Airlines DFW arrivals Terminal offers convenient procedures to complete check-in hassle-free via kiosks and airport ticket counters.
Via self-service kiosks
Spirit self-service kiosks make check-in efficient. It is recommended for travelers who wish to complete check-in without the assistance of airport staff. However, the airline staff are present at ticket counters to address check-in-related queries.
- Kiosk systems are present at the airline terminal.
- To retrieve flight reservation details:
- Swipe your credit card,
- Enter the booking reference number,
- Or, provide the six-digit booking confirmation code
- Select the flight and the passengers within the booking.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the check-in request.
- Confirm the details. The system will process the check-in request and issue boarding passes.
Via the airport ticket counter
Spirit DFW Terminal comprises check-in desks to complete the process or guide passengers with check-in-related concerns. However, the steps include:
- Head to the nearest ticketing counter at Spirit Terminal.
- Share the check-in request.
- Submit the travel documents for passengers within the booking.
- Once the request is processed, receive the boarding pass and proceed to the boarding gate.
How to request a flight change at the Spirit Airlines Terminal at DFW?
Passengers traveling with Spirit Airlines can issue flight changes by following these steps at Spirit Airlines DFW gate:
- Connect with the staff at the Spirit Airlines ticket counter.
- Request the representatives for flight change by providing the booking reference number.
- State the reasons for the flight change.
- The representatives will check the available flight options and share the associated flight change fee.
- Confirm the new flight details and pay the flight change fee.
- You will receive the updated booking confirmation via email.
How to cancel flights at Spirit Terminal DFW?
Travelers can cancel Spirit flights departing from DFW airport through airport ticket counters. Follow the steps given below to cancel flights at DFW:
- Travelers who have reached the airport can cancel flights up to 3 hours before departure.
- Visit the nearest ticket counters at DFW Arrivals Spirit Airlines.
- Request flight cancellation and share the booking reference number and last name.
- State the reasons for cancellation.
- The airport staff will verify the flight date and time and initiate cancellation.
What is the baggage allowance at DFW Terminal Spirit Airlines?
Spirit flights departing from the DFW Airport must abide by specific baggage allowance guidelines laid out by the carrier. As per the baggage allowance guidelines, passengers can carry the following:
|Fare Type||Baggage Allowance|
|Base Fare||1 x Personal item|
Baggage Size and Weight Dimensions
|Type||Size Dimensions (in inches)||Weight (in lbs)|
|Personal Items||22 x 18 x10||Up to 40|
|Carry-on Item||22 x 18 x10||Up to 40|
|Checked Baggage||Maximum linear- 62 inches||Up to 40|
Are pets allowed at Spirit Dallas Texas Airport Terminal?
Yes, Spirit Dallas Airport terminal makes pet travel comfortable and efficient for travelers. DFW defines strict protocols for travelers with pets to facilitate a convenient journey for them and others.
Pet protocols followed at DFW
- Pet reservations must be made in advance.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times at the airport.
- Passengers must keep the carrier handy at all times.
- DFW has developed pet relief areas in every terminal.
- The relief areas are located inside security in each terminal.
- Some pet relief areas are located outside the entry doors.
Does DFW Spirit Terminal offer parking services at the airport?
Yes, Spirit Airlines travelers can take advantage of the parking facility at DFW located close to the gates of DFW Spirit Airlines departures Terminal. The following types of parking are available for travelers:
|Parking Type||Location||Daily Fares|
|Terminal Parking||Terminals A, B, C, D, E||Between USD 6 and USD 27|
|Valet Parking||Arrivals levels of Terminal E; Departure levels of Terminal D||USD 40 per day|
What to do for lost and found items at Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal?
DFW allows travelers to report lost and found items at their departments located at two different junctions at the airport. The lost items must be submitted at:
- DFW Lost and Found: Terminal E, baggage claim near E4
- American Airlines Lost and Found: Near gate C2, inside security
How to report lost and found items
Passengers can connect with the Lost and Found department supposing that they lost their items near Spirit Airlines DFW arrivals Terminal or any other location at the airport.
- Visit the Lost and Found department during working hours.
- Present the item details including size, color, purpose, and dimensions.
- The department officials will fill in the lost item report.
- Search the existing database to check whether the item was handed in.
- You can claim the item in case it is available in the database.
- Provided that it was not found, it is recommended to wait for the item to be handed in.
- The officials will contact you when the item is found at your submitted contact details.
Which lounges are available at Spirit Airlines Terminal DFW?
Although Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal does not offer lounge facilities, flyers can access other lounges at Terminal D and Terminal E to relax, read, and sleep. However, charges may be applicable for some lounges.
Some of the premium lounges available at Terminals D and E are given below:
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Located near gate E31 at Terminal E, Plaza Premium features various facilities like free Wi-Fi, TVs, local and international cuisine, and a wide selection of cocktails and liquors.
- Capital One Lounge- Capital One is a modern lounge that offers various facilities to travelers without a reservation. It can be found near gate D22 at Terminal D.
- Club DFW- Club DFW is bifurcated into five zones including a privacy zone, productivity zone, replenish zone, refresh zone, and relax zone.
Which car rentals are available at Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal?
Car rentals are excellent for travel to/from DFW airport conveniently. DFW operates a 24-hour rental car center, located near the south entrance of the airport. Several known car rental companies have offices at the center allowing travelers to select from 11 companies.
Following are the airport car rental companies available at the DFW Spirit Airlines Terminal:
|Rental Car Company||Contact Number|
Are there any hotels and suites available at the DFW Spirit Airlines Terminal?
DFW Airport Spirit Terminal includes three on-airport hotels and minute suites to provide luxurious accommodation options to travelers. The accommodations range from budget-friendly options to luxury hotels. It is preferable to find hotels at/near the airport to reach the airport timely, access free shuttle buses, etc.
Here are some of the popular hotel options near the terminal:
|Grand Hyatt||International Terminal D||Connectivity with Skylink or Terminal Link, meeting spaces, dining outlets, 24-hour, complimentary rooftop fitness center, saline pool, spa and steam rooms|
|Hyatt Place||Inside the airport’s Southgate Plaza||Bar, fitness center, indoor pool, meeting rooms, five suites, a restaurant, 24/7 gym, free Wi-Fi|
|Minute Suites||Terminal A and D||Shower rooms, spacious private suites, soundproof rooms, high-speed Wi-Fi, parking services|
What other amenities are available at Spirit Airlines Terminals at DFW Airport?
Spirit Terminal at DFW comprises various facilities to shop, dine, and relax at the airport. These facilities are beneficial for passengers when they are looking for things to do on a layover at Dallas Texas Airport.
At Terminal E
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cellular broadband
- Manicure & pedicure
- Priority pass
- Office workstation
- Prepaid phone cards
- Massage therapist
- Minute suites
- Power station
- Hair Salon
At Terminal D
- Free power stations
- Free Wi-Fi
- Yoga Studio
- Massage therapist
- Travelex currency exchange
- Manicure, Pedicure, and Spa
- Food, drink, and retail stores
Overall, Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal covers a wide array of amenities and facilities including parking, car rentals, and accommodations at the airport. They also cater to special requests for disabled travelers and minors. This is to assist travelers with every travel-related query and provide them with a memorable experience with its exceptional services.
How can we help?
ContactForSupport is your go-to online phone directory to make your travel easy & is available 24/7 right at just one call. Whether there are issues related to flight reservations, difficulties in selecting the right car rental, or connecting with airline representatives, we are here to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spirit Airlines flies through Terminal E from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (DFW).
Spirit Airlines uses Terminal E at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
Most Spirit flights arrive at Terminal E at DFW. Moreover, Terminal D is also used.
Spirit Airlines operates DFW departures from Terminal E.
The carrier operates via gates E18 and E31-E33.
Spirit ticket counter is present at Terminal E at DFW.
Spirit Airlines DFW Terminal ticket counter opens from 9:30 a.m. till 1:30 a.m. (Monday – Friday).